Casting Call EntertainmentLiars and thieves in Las Vegas

P

I have paid dearly for headshots and a demo reel. After a ridiculous amount of time I got my stuff and it quality is terrible. I found out they have local kids in school do their work and then they sell it as professional quality. I did not know this until now. its too late. Gary Flynn, Sharry Flaherty, liars and thieves in Las Vegas.

More Casting Call Entertainment Complaints & Reviews

• Ms
    Ms.Vaughn Jul 11, 2012

My son was also scammed at casting Call Entertainment.
    He was asked to pay to audition. I refused so they offered us the audition for free but then called a week later to congratulate us on getting the movie role as long as we could pay 250. bucks then he could be in the film...
    What a joke they are. I looked them up later and saw all the complaints.. always do your homework

Samantha Jameson Jul 11, 2012

They did that to me too! They tried to get me to pay for an audition. I didn't even bother trying to get them to give us the audition for free. We just left.

• Sh
    sharry flaherty Aug 04, 2012

Hi my name is Sharry Flaherty the proud owner of Casting Call Entertainment. The complaints on this site are 100% false. A smear campaign to being spread from an former employee that I had to let go from our company due to their unethical business practices. If you notice all the negative publicity the individual is trying to spread happens to be starting when the person was let go from my company. Casting Call has a great reputation in town and many testimonials to back us up. Don’t believe everything you read, check out some of our award winning movies and photography on line at our website http://www.castingcallentertainmentinc.com and judge for yourself. Our production company has released a full length movie “Ominous” world wide. If our work is as awful as this crazy person claims, how did we get a world wide DVD release. It’s sad when one person can go online and have nothing better to do but try to slander and ruin a business that I have worked hard and have passion for. This particular person had caused the effect on getting asked to leave our studio due to his unprofessional behavior as you can see through his negative rants. Never is there a real name left to any complaint comments. The sad thing is companies like these complaint sites don’t do proper research before helping ruining someone business owners hard work. When you reach out to them to explain your side, they want thousands of dollars to take off their own sites. For anyone who comes across any complaints on my company Casting Call Entertainment, look at the similar verbage, the history of the time of the complaints. I have been in business for over 3 years and helped so many artist flourish and prosper and funny how complaints only started in the past 4 months when i had to let this person go. No complaints before that. How could that be hmmmmmm think about it. I encourage every artist to stay focused, flourish and prosper, surround yourself with positive people, let go of negative people in your lives. I just have to say I am Blessed that I let go of this bitter, negative person when I did to protect my staff and studio. I can only imagine what else he would have done if I kept this person any longer. I ask you to take the time to see my work and judge for yourself. I look forward to meeting you and help guide you in the right direction with your acting career. Have an amazingly creative day :)

Respectfully
    Sharry Flaherty
    Proud Owner Of Casting Call Entertainment :)

Annoymous200 Aug 05, 2012

I will say this- You can learn in some these acting classes, BUT be aware when they tell you are ready for Hollywood, or they have connections with Directors in L.A if that is true then why aren't they running a studio-business in Los Angeles why in Las Vegas?? Hmmmmm Also be aware when they charge $500 to do a demo reel, no one, I mean "NO ONE" should have to pay more than $100 to do a demo reel, if you are paying more than you should it's a SCAM!! Be careful if they have poor quality high school pictures on their walls, you won't find work with those trust me... If they have other celebrities pictures claiming they went there!!! If you really want to be an Actor, you have to move to L.A, New York, San Fransisco, Paris or London...either way Acting School offers financial aid, but it's very expensive, they are legit Acting studios there, tons of them.. Keep in mind there are 100, 000 thousands of other actors in L.A alone trying to make it, it can take several months even years to land a role, even the ones with talent! So don't always believe what these small acting agents in Vegas tell you... Do not waste money on classes or private coaches in Las Vegas, there ALL scams in my opinion, no matter what they say, you won't land a role or even find work maybe as an "extra" in Vegas, why would casting Directors hire anyone from Vegas when they perfectly have other actors in L.A from classes and school who are auditioning?... Makes perfect sense!! I was told they don't hire actors from Vegas! If you want to be serious, you have to move to California because that is where the work is... Not Las Vegas!! I would save your money and move!! I know easier said than done, finding a job in L.A is very tough right now but if your serious you will do what it takes to make it work... Right? :) Let's all be real here! Contrary to the comments about Casting Call, I don't know that much about them, but I have heard bad things too, from people I know that went there and spend alot of money and got no where, teachers there are rude, unprofessional, students who are running the place, makes LMAO pretty much!! Be careful with that folks, I see red flags with this!!! I also heard a ex-employee who is very bitter because he lost his job there! Here is my input with this, there is a side-to every story- nobody is perfect in this world! Working for a studio that doesn't have a high degree is a red flag, your an idiot for falling for that crap! There is plenty of work out there to seek, everyone keep your heads up and minds straight, don't get ripped off, just go with your gut!!! Be safe out there! It's a tough industry!!! Peace out...

Annoymous200 Aug 05, 2012

Yup- I have to agree... If you want to be a serious actor it takes years and long hard work you have to move to New York or L.A for that! These other places only teach you the basics, they don't teach u everything... they teach they same boring methods over and over like casting call entertainment, what a joke they are!!! I stopped going there back in April because they don't teach everything!! Boring classes!!! So I am moving CA to UCLA to attend Arts Academy in Acting going to pursue my degree!! I can take it from there! Vegas sucks!!! There is nothing here except a bunch of SCAM artists that wanna be teachers!!!

• Mr
    Mr SS Nov 26, 2012

I am very disappointed in this company. The classes were very AMATEURISH and they are obviously just trying to make money off of people who desire to get into acting.
    Its a shame to see so many scammers in the Entertainment Biz

• Am
    Amber99 Dec 09, 2013

I attended a few of casting call classes and was told I needed to get out of my comfort zone as a actress and was told I should do a scene with a fat greasy actor that pretends to work there and calls himself tommy imperfection, I was forced to sit on his lap during a scene and kiss him and thought I was going to throw up after. I felt it was to get his jollies more then to help my acting. I would be very careful as a woman to go there as it really scared me.

• To
    TommyImperfection Mar 03, 2014

Wow! I have never kissed anyone in a class or on the screen. Wow, that all I can say.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices