Menu

Cardionet  - biotel mcot

I
Author of the complaint
9:26 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The heart monitor they sent me does not work. The patches kept coming loose, and when I finally got one to stick the sensor failed to communicate with the cell phone monitor. Every time I called I got a different reason. First it was a network problem and keep wearing the patch. Next was with a Technician that walked me through the process and I was told if it failed again they would send me another unit. It failed again last night after a few minutes and this morning another Technician refused to believe I have a defective unit and wanted me to go through the whole process again and started arguing with me. At this point I'd had enough, I'm sending it back.

This was a complete waste of time.

Helpful? 2 0
9 comments
May 21, 2022 9:26 pm

So many issues and customer service agent didn’t pick up the calls for more than 30 minutes. Sensor internal error with first set. Second set sensor wouldn’t charge and connect to patch. So annoying that I have to go back to the UPS store and send the second one back. Hopefully third time will be the charm because I have a feeling that this monitor dilemma is only making my heart condition worsen.

May 21, 2022 9:26 pm

May 20, 2022 9:26 pm

View 0 more photos
H
May 07, 2022 9:26 pm

My experience with Bio-Tel heart monitoring was unsatisfactory for the following reasons.

1. The original device began malfunctioning in less than a day.

2. After the second malfunction, a customer service rep told me that the device had to be replaced by company policy and that a replacement device would be overnighted to me. The "overnight" shipping took 5 days.

3. The company failed to adjust the monitoring period to reflect the unmonitored time when I was waiting for the replacement. As a result I was monitored for less than 20% of the time requested by my cardiologist.

Mar 13, 2022 9:26 pm

I got a heart monitor from my doctors office on Feb. 16th 2022. The charger stopped working on March 9th. I contacted technical support on Wed. March 9th and they said they would overnight me a new one. On March 10th I received patches not a new charger. I called them again and I was told they would overnight me a new charger. Today is March 13th and I still haven't received it. Meanwhile my prescription to wear the monitor for 30 days is running out. I haven't been able to wear it for the last 4 days however I'm being charged for it. Technical support is useless.

2 0
I
Apr 17, 2022 9:26 pm

You have described the problems I am having. It complained about patch disconnected two hours after I got it. Sometimes 30 minutes after I put a new patch. Frustrated, I contacted my cardiologist and they helped put on a new patch. Same problem

I will return the monitor

J
Mar 27, 2022 9:26 pm

The same exact thing happened to me. Put on the heart monitor Feb 22, 2022. It failed by Feb 24, 2022. Called customer service (must’ve got the same person). She said she would overnight a new one to me. I got patches. Had to call back and the new agent said that a new monitor was never ordered. Finally got it a week later. How does this happen at least twice?

0 0

I just returned my 'wonder device'...meaning I WONDER WHO PUT THIS ON THE MARKET & IF DOCTORS EVER TRIED ONE FOR THE TWO WEEKS I WAS REQUIRED TO WEAR IT...PLUS! keep within 10 feet of the 'monitor' PLUS CHARGING EVERY NIGHT meaning I had to hook up an extension cord to my bed so I could keep it within the dang 10 feet...Terrible scratching & painful removal from my tender 77 year old skin...
WHAT [censored] put this out? Hoping you make a BUNDLE because I will NEVER be duped into having a doctor prescribe it & a young sweet technician put it on mre! WAS I GIVEN A CHOICE? Oh no...just wear for 2 weeks...Bye Bye...OH! BTW< I had to be driven to the nearest UPS store to RETURN IT! no directions given as to WHERE, JUST DO IT! ...and Googling UPS locations was given the most distant one (20 minutes on way) instead of a closer Staples store. I RETURNED AL OF IT...ALL THE WASTEFUL PASKAGIUNG & PLASTC JUNK...WHYNOT SUPPORT OUR PUBLIC POOST OFFICE system (UPSP) instead of ANOTHER PRIVATE CORPORATE EMPIRE? When 'they' get it, I hope there's an actual PERSON who will read my 3 page 'comment'...SHAMEFUL WASTE of Medicare Medicaid & OUR PUBLIC TAX DOLLARS to support this ridiculous piece of technology only serving corporate hospital & doctor cutbacks of people & staff and FORCING PATIENTS TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES and DO FOR THEMSELVES. How sad!
America...what happened to our country? Profit above People, PROFIT BEFORE EVERYTHING.
Sad. Lillia Frantin, Cape Cod MA

3 1
T
Sep 26, 2021 9:26 pm

BioTel Heart Monitor:
I had a monitor installed at my Doctors office, and it started alarming 20 minutes later leaving the doctors office (check leads not connected). I checked them and all of them were perfectly connected.
The transmitter (phone) kept alarming and I received a call company message.
This is when all s—t started! After going through many checks with the devices, they said that they would send me a new unit.. received it and I installed the monitor on my chest following instructions. Both units were fully charged! I turned on the phone/transmitter and it came up with “unit ready to be initialized. Could not go into the operating screen. 📞 the company and spent about 45 minutes with tech, with we will send you another new unit.?

Received the new unit and it had the same problem and resulted in another lengthy phone conversation ending with we will send you another unit. I asked them if they had any quality control? Yes! I asked if they could open the box and verified if the phone 📞 would come on with the proper screen. We will just send me a new one. I asked for them to send me any transmitter/phone they knew it worked No we could not do that.
New unit arrives and same problem! Called them and the guy at BioTel spun his wheels for about 10 to 15 minutes and did some checks on his end and then told me he would call me back. About two hours later, he called and told me to ship all the units back and go see my Doctor. PISSED me off!
I took the patch off my chest and it had irritated my skin and left a deep impression on my chest and left 15 or more sores or more and a severe rash. It has been 20 hours and my chest looks like Hell!
I wish I could attach a photo! I don’t recommend dealing with this company!
Tim G.