Menu
CanvasDiscount.com
reviews & complaints

CanvasDiscount.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

89 complaints
32 resolved 57 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CanvasDiscount.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:29 am

CanvasDiscount.com - Where is consumer protection when you need them

I did not see these previous reviews before placing my order-what a joke! I ordered pictures of our beloved golden retriever to put up on a wall for my son to help him cope with our grief, and I received a box of crappy wood that is warped and the prints are awful. There is not even directions on how to assemble. I am so upset! How do I explain this to a little boy who can't even hang $300 worth of pictures of his dead dog? Disgusting! Where is consumer protection when you need them? DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

H
4:19 am

CanvasDiscount.com - Do not order from here - pay extra to get a FINISHED product

I wish I would have done a company review search before ordering. Yes, the prices ARE too good to be true! I did not see any mention of DIY on the website & would have paid more for a finished product! The stretcher bars do not fit into eachother and the framing company I took them to, told me to scrap the gallery wrap and put them in a frame as there was no good way to stretch this canvas by hand.

I ordered 3 prints for fathers day gift and now am trying to figure out how to salvage a waste of money! Do not order from here - pay extra to get a FINISHED product!

2:21 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - international fee

FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE...nowhere on their site does it mention this bogus amount. They say they are a US company and do business out of FL (two ours from my home) and now Im charged a transaction fee. I will never do business with them again. SHAME on them for pulling this. If they get $5 from every customer, they will make quite a profit in no time. DONT USE this company

2:46 am

CanvasDiscount.com - don't order from this frauds

Let me start off by first telling everyone that this site is a joke! My husband and I decided to get 3 canvas of our wedding photos and realized canvasdiscount.com was the cheapest and so we started the super easy ordering process. Yeah, it was probably way too easy! They make it super easy for you to order, yet they lie about the amount of time it will take for you to recieve your order. Anyway, although it took forever to get our package, we were excited when we found out it had finally came...To our surprise, we recieved a package that didn't look like would fit 3 canvas portraits...This is of course because the box contained a bunch of pieces of cheap wood and poster type of the photos we chose. We were in shock because we realized we had to assemble it ourselves and did not notice anywhere on the website that we would recieve our products this way. I mean, are they serious? Do they really get away from doing this?

The one positive thing I can say is that the quality of the photos were decent. I read other complaints of poor quality prints, etc.

Anyway, my husband and father in law just took over an hour to assemble just one of the three canvas portraits. That is just rediculous! I wish just like the rest of you, we had read reviews before making a purchase.

After doing some research today, I learned that this company has changed their web address numerous times. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Could it be because they have got terrible reviews, complaints, and maybe even law suits against them? HECK YES!~

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE FRAUDS! GO TO WALMART'S WEBSITE AND ORDER FROM THEM...I BELIEVE THEIR PRICES ARE BUDGET FRIENDLY. YOU'LL PAY MORE THAN CANVAS DISCOUNT, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN RELY ON THEM SINCE THEY ARE SUCH A HUGE COMPANY.

M
Jan 12, 2012 4:47 am

RUN! I ordered a picture through them for Christmas. It is now a month later and I still have not received it. I emailed them twice and have gotten no response. I called them twice and finally got an answer today 1/11/12. I asked about my order and it was not ever printed. I wonder if they simply take orders and don't print them to save $$$. I canceled my order and hope to get a refund. Let's see.

Jun 29, 2012 4:47 am

Extremely disappointing experience! Nowhere during the ordering process does it tell the shopper that your canvas and frame will be delivered DISASSEMBLED. You are required to put the frame together, then stretch the canvas over it (try to get it straight - not happening), then staple it to the frame. The instructions are ridiculously inadequate. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR.

Feb 13, 2012 4:47 am

I originally ordered 3 prints from this site, and choose the site because of price. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE PRICE. The service was HORRIBLE. My order was messed up TWICE. I left multiple voice messages and e-mails with NO RESPONSE. Finally when I did get a hold of a real person - he put me on "Hold" but actualy didn't and I could still hear him... He proceeded to INSULT ME TO HIS COWORKERS! He laughed about my name and he laughed at my e-mails that I sent and when on and on... then got back on the phone and tried to be nice? What kind of customer service is that! I will NEVER order from this site again... AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE ELSLE LOOKS ELSEWHERE FOR CANVAS PRINTS.

May 08, 2012 4:47 am

I expected a nice canvas print, all i got was four pieces of wood and a rolled up picture. I didnt realize i am gonna have to figure out how to stretch this thing onto a cheap frame that i have to nail togather. Plus i sent them a pretty black and white photo and the colors on the canvas are all washed out and the entire picture is all shades of grey. What a waste of 60 bucks. Someone outta shut these people down.

M
Jun 10, 2012 4:47 am

What a horrible experience and total waste of money. First of all, the canvas you order will come un-assembled - you will have to assemble it yourself. As if that was not misleading enough, they were 'nice enough' to include a sheet stating they send the canvas this way to save their customers money and have included easy instructions on how to go about assembling (really? Thumbtacks, I mean common')

The instructions were of course 'missing' - frequent emails are not returned. DO NOT ORDER from this company - you are better off spending $20 more and going somewhere else. So sad - horrible experience.

Jun 15, 2012 4:47 am

Let me begin by saying this is the 1st online review I have posted. So to say the least you really have to tick me off to get me to post about it.

I received the package yesterday and was quite confused as the box was 4"x4"x12" long. I ordered a 16"x20" canvas picture. hmmmm... well, I was very surprised to learn I had to stretch it myself. I put it away last night and decided I would figure it out today.

Well, with 200 thumbtacks at hand, a hammer and a good attitude, I am reporting total failure of this product. I consider myself a pretty handy person (plumbing, household maintenance, no problem). The cheap frame (that you have hammer together yourself) has splinters that put a small hole in the canvas in the corner. Stretching the canvas is very difficult with only 2 hands and if you like your photo's level, you can pretty much forget it. I have made 2 solid attempts totally over an hour of time. Still no better.

I am waiting find out if they will return it AND send me a shipping label, but I am fairly certain that will NOT happen.

This is a seriously misleading! Don't show the finished product on the site and deliver a half finished product. OR show the upcharge to purchase it assembled...then a customer will know what they are getting.

Father's day present - Ruined! thanks Canvasdiscount.com

While the price point is very attractive, you will never get the product you are envisioning from this site. spend the money at shutterfly or snapfish or any other site with decent reviews.

"you get what you pay for" -

0 0

I ordered prints of my work January 13th for a new client with the promise of shipping within 48 hours of ordering. It is now January 31st and the order has still not been shipped per a rep on the phone this morning. Each time I call I get a different excuse; It was a holiday, our printer broke, we are backlogged. I was given a tracking number for Fed. Ex and can't use it because it wasn't shipped. Also: On the website, they have a picture of a finished canvas which leads you to believe that the print will arrive mounted, but in reality, the product comes rolled and you have to put it together with a staple gun once it finally arrives, if it ever does. I put a fraud claim in with Wells Fargo to get my money back and am trying to salvage my new customer for this product.

Feb 10, 2012 4:47 am

I ordered a canvas print for my boyfriend's birthday. It never got even close to his birthday. I received the canvas 3 weeks after I placed an order. ok, no big deal... nobody can promise you shipping on time. Pass that, when I open the box I didn't realize the stretch frame was not put together..finally I properly read it on their website afterwards so okey I can understand that part, but the pieces don't even come together! pass that, the quality of the picture... DISASTER! too embarrassing to show it to my boyfriend. The picture is absolutely DARK! I can't even hang it on my wall. It looks sooo bad I tried to contact customer service, no response! The coloring is sooo weird on the angles! I didn't even ask for money back... I just asked for reprint.. still no response! This company is some kind of SCAM! Better watch out for them! It's been three weeks... still no response and I tried to contact them three times! I'm going to ship the canvas back... what a wasted 50 bucks!

May 20, 2012 4:47 am

I was anticipating receiving my own photos done on canvas, well what a waste of money and time. quality of the whole order sucked, they say it is easy to put the frame together IT IS NOT, THE QUALITY OF CANVAS SUCKS, my photos were too dark, too pink, and not like when i edited them. they are a disgrace, and Walmart does a better job yes walmart, they don't use wood frame but i should have stuck with walmart. RUN RUN RUN DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Jan 03, 2012 4:47 am

I bought a 3 panel split 36"x24" for a Christmas gift when I receive it I only had enough wooden panels two stretch two... so I called back she told me they would overnight it .. I got it 3 days later and it was the wrong size. I couldn’t get a hold of her for 4 days, no answer to emails or calls when I finally get ahold of her she tells me I was wrong not her. I finally get her to see what she did then she tells me I will get the right parts overnight and it is now 3 days later again and I still have not gotten it and I can’t get a hold of her also!

Feb 29, 2012 4:47 am

NEVER order from this site! I bought a valentine's gift on here, and it never came, which was a flop. Not only was I left empty handed on Valentine's day... I called to try and get this order resolved...and no one answered, their mail box was full. I wrote countless emails to them, no answer. Finally after a month of trying to get a hold of them someone answered...and they said it had no printed, then he said it did print but it was damaged...WTF! This place is a joke, it is a SCAM... I would never recommend this site to anyone! Stay far away...pay a couple more dollars for a reputable company!

Jan 25, 2012 4:47 am

Ordered early november...received in early december a shipping notice with track number that was fictitious..called, called, called, called, emailed and emailed and emailed. I finally got my order right before christmas but maybe that was because I was nearly hysterical sobbing on the phone. One canvas was a gift for someone who unexpectedly died in the meantime. Two canvases are correct, one is not. I was promised a replacement two weeks ago and again got the fictitious shipping info..still nothing...No answer on any subsequent calls or emails. STAY AWAY!

Dec 20, 2011 4:47 am

Placed my order Dec 2, expected 48 hour turn around as they promise online. I have called numerous times to only find it busy for hours on end or ring and ring and ring. I fianlly got someone ( a man) he promised to call me back, never happened! Called again today on the 14th and after letting it ring for 5 mins finally got someome who said sorry they are behind! I asked her if this was a scam b/c my cc had already been charged! Still no answers yet and no prints that i have already paid for. I've been on hold for 9 mins and am typing this as I wait, fully expecting them not to come back on the line.

R

Dear Rhonda, Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you have had such an experience and that you were not happy with the product you received. We’re happy to announce that our canvas prints now come stretched on the frame. Ready to hang on your wall and at no extra cost to you. Your feedback on this topic has been heard loud and clear and we've been working around the clock to bring you this better customer experience - and still under our Best Price Guarantee. Please feel free to send me an email directly at [email protected] and I can see if there is a solution we work out for you. Thank you for your cooperation.

D
Jan 11, 2012 4:47 am

I agree 100%. I ordered a picture for Christmas. It is now a month later and the picture has not shown up, I emailed them two times and called two times. I finally went to cancel the transaction on my card and I got a hold of them. They still have not printed the picture. I would highly recommend staying away from them.

7:33 am

CanvasDiscount.com - have not received the product yet as promised by the company

Call your CREDIT CARDS! Have not received the product yet as promised by the company, having seen all the bad comments of other customers I immediately called my canadian bank for transaction dispute. They will re-credit my money, I will only have a harder time if the merchant and his bank redisputes my case. Anyway, if you are also a victim suggest do the same so that the bank of FOTOSERVICE KOELN will know that those guys are really scammers.

V
3:42 am

CanvasDiscount.com - I would guess there is no management running this show

I had two parts to my order, the first shipped after about three weeks, the never arrived even after contacting customer service numerous times. I always got FedEx shipping notifications but product was never picked up. Customer service is lousy and that is being kind! I have never experienced such high inefficiencies in any company. The hassle of trying get my product here was totally exasperating. I would guess there is no management running this show. Stay away!

5:49 am

CanvasDiscount.com - fraud

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering! I was taken by the cheap prices that they offer, and figured I would order one canvas before taking the chance ordering multiple for my photography business. My canvas arrived tonight after a longer turn around time than promised, but after reading reviews I feel fortunate that I even got it at all! Nowhere...

View 0 more photos
V
4:36 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - stay far away from this crooks

Horrendous experience! I ordered a canvas in November 2011 for a christmas present. When it didn't arrive when they said it would I emailed. After receiving a suspicious email back (obviously a standard one automatically sent to people who email) I tried phoning... several dozen times over the next few weeks. No response -ever.

Finally after nearly two months I called my credit card company to try to be reimbursed from this fraudulent company. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

C
11:42 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CanvasDiscount.com - did not

1. placed order online 2. immediately sent an email to customer service inquiring about a special instruction. Got an automated response. 3. Sent a follow up email, got the same response. 4. Noticed that they charged me an "international credit card processing fee" 5. Called numerous times to inquire when my canvases will be delivered. No answer. 6...

6:06 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - they should not be getting paid for false advertising and false promises

Terrible service. Got a refund after a month of trying to get my package. Their greatness begins and ends with their eye-catching website. If only their service matched its quality. Read my story if you want to know more details...

Dec 4th, 2011 - placed my order for my wife's christmas gift (Was told I should receive the package within 2-5 business days)

Dec 13th - no package and no sign that the package will be coming soon, so I first call the company and get the busy tone the first 5 calls and finally on the 6th get the answer machine only to find out their voicebox was full. So, I resort to emailing the company about my situation and gave them all my contact info, and I got an automatic response back saying one of their workers will email me back with details within 1-3 days

Dec 15th - no package, no phone call, no email... I try calling the company again. Get busy tone for the first 20 calls and then to my surprise a human being picks up the phone. She asks for my name and order number and tells me she recognizes my name and just made a fedex label for me and that I will be getting a tracking number in an email immediately. And sure diddly doo I got an email when I got off the phone with a fedex tracking number and on top of that she upgraded me to priority overnight shipping. Too good to be true? Yep

Dec 18th - no package. Call up fedex to see where the package is and they tell me best canvas made a label but never gave fedex the package! I try calling best canvas multiple multiple times but never get anything more than a busy tone.

Dec 20th - no package. Call at least 30 times getting a busy tone and finally get an answer by an annoyed worker. Gave her my name and order # and got put on hold for 9 minutes! She comes back to tell me my order got lost somewhere in the mix and her boss will immediately print and send my order as soon as he gets off his break and I will have my package before christmas. Soon after, I got an email with a new fedex number and another overnight priority shipping upgrade. Also, I finally received a response to my email sent on the 13th restating that I have a new fedex number.

Dec 23rd - no package. Call up fedex and I hear the same story as before: best canvas made a label but never gave fedex the package to ship.

Dec 25th - no package. I am not surprised and expected nothing more out of this company. I give up hope on ever seeing my wife's christmas gift in 2011.

Dec 26th - no package. I don't care for dealing with best canvas any longer. I call them up and shockingly get an answer on the first ring. Gave the lady my info and she says my order somehow got lost, but could get it to me by the 30th. I told her that I no longer believe what the company tells me and I want a full refund. She says that is okay and that I will be getting my refund in 1-5 days.

Dec 27th - the one darn thing this company actually followed through on. I got my money back. Oh happy days!

Please don't use them. They should not be getting paid for false advertising and false promises.

O
3:24 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - I do not recommend anyone buying from them

I am so irritated by this place. I placed my order before Thanksgiving to make sure I would get my canvas on time, they emailed me saying that the size I ordered was "back ordered" and would take longer to receive then expected. Weeks go by and I hear nothing from them, I tried emailing and calling numerous times to find out where my order was and no one...

3:14 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - please stay away and don't make the same mistake I made just to save a few bucks

Damn, I wish I had seen these reviews before ordering. Same process for me: Order, do not receive package, get busy signals when calling, receive bogus tracking numbers, and a month later still no package.

I am going to do what I can to get my money refunded, but it doesn't sound like that is going to be easy. Please stay away and don't make the same mistake I made just to save a few bucks!

H
8:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CanvasDiscount.com - this company is a complete scam, avoid at all costs

We also ordered two prints for Christmas. Never received our product. We did get a confirmation email but never an email saying it shipped. Sent out two emails never received a reply. Every time you call their customer support number you get a busy signal no matter the day or time. This company is a complete scam avoid at all costs.

O
8:03 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - they soaked me for over 500 dollars

Avoid this company! They soaked me for over 500 dollars. I never received anything from them. It has been over a month since I ordered. They charged my credit card. The company does not answer their phone and I have emailed them 30 times and I have received no replies. These people are crooks and need to be prosecuted and thrown in to prison. Will be contacting my credit card company tomorrow and hopefully they can recover my funds.

S
4:14 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - this website needs to be shut down asap

I ordered my canvas on 12/9/2011. It was delivered on 12/19/2011 in a box with a very cheap, not yet assembled frame. Are you kidding me? Your website specifically reads, "ready to hang". I am very disappointed in this transaction and my bank will only process the charge back if the merchant acknowledges the returned item which I doubt they will do. This website needs to be shut down asap! Do not order from them unless you want to be disappointed!

P
6:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CanvasDiscount.com - stay away from these crooks

This company changed their name from "bestcanvas" to this, "discountcanvas" I'm guessing because the bestcanvas name got called out for being a SCAM. Obviously, this was done to fool people into thinking that this company doesn't have a history of bad reviews. It's kind of silly, what are they going to do when the bad reviews start piling up for their new...

S
2:06 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - the price is good but they are cowboys for sure

Ordered from Bestcanvas.ca over three weeks ago. The site says dispatch within 48 hours. I began to get concerned a week later when I had not received anything. I emailed them and got an automatic email stating they would get back to me within 2 days, they did not get back to me. I have now called and emailed countless times with no answer to my calls (the mailbox is full) and no replies to my emails. At this time I wish I had checked out this company before ordering. The only thing that makes me feel better is that i only ordered one canvas and was going to order 5. Best left alone for sure. The price is good but they are cowboys for sure. Now off to call my credit card company...

E
1:13 am

CanvasDiscount.com - misleading; poor quality

1.  The website does not make it clear that the canvasses are unframed. The site states " Solid Canvas Frame Canvas prints can get wrapped over 0.75 inch or 1.5 inch thick, solid frames. All frames are of high quality and manufactured in-house." 2.  The canvasses came rolled up but NOT in a protective tube.  The canvasses were flattened and creased within...

7:52 pm

CanvasDiscount.com - please don't make the same mistake I did

I was aware I would need to stretch the canvas. No problem, I went to art school and have done this many times. The 24" x36" print came and was not very good. I sent a very large file, but much of the detail was lost and the colors a bit muddy. I paid extra for the 1.5 stretcher bars, but instead was sent eight 3/4 bars. No one answers on the customer...

C
9:21 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CanvasDiscount.com - avoid at any cost guys

I sent in a black and white photo and ordered it to be on a canvas with a 1.5" frame. The site led me to believe that the canvas would be sent to me on a frame (many other services do this). Instead I received a green and white photo (a portion of it was black and white, but mostly green and white). The canvas wasn't packaged well so it had damage done to...

CanvasDiscount.com contacts