Cancun Cosmetic DentistryBad Dental Work / Unethical Dentists

M Review updated:

Warning about unethical dentistry in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry and Dr. Arzate in Cancun. I am Mexican dentist who use to work with Dr. German Arate. I stopped working with them because I could not stand their unethical practices with Americans and Canadians.

Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry is like a revolving door for new inexperienced dentists. Dentist are either fired for not meeting their revenue quota or resign because they could not stand the unethical practices at the clinic. Dr. Arzate runs a high pressure environment where each Mexican dentist are asked to get as much treatment as possible from each patient. To meet your quota, oftentimes doctors are encouraged to recommend more than what patient needs. Simple fillings become root canals and crowns. Crowns are rushed without regard for professional dental procedures such as bite balancing requirements or proper sealing of the crowns.

They even perform big implant cases when none at the facility are properly trained to do so, including Dr. Arzate himself. He doesn’t have a specialization. They perform entire mouth work (they call it smile makeovers) without the proper training to do so. Most of the time, a new dentist work on your case, regardless of how extensive your case. That’s just unethical. Patients experience problems within a year and oftentimes have to redo the work after wasting so much money with Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry.

I feel terrible for many American and Canadians lured by Dr. Arzate and his marketing machine with false advertising of high quality dentistry. Many Canadians including some local government agencies have warned about Dr. Arzate and Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry. They have plenty of bad review online. Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry used to be Dental Maya. Dr. Arzate changed the name from Dental Maya to Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry because the name Dental Maya had so many bad reviews online. Dr. Arzate can change the name of his practice, but he can’t change his last name. For every 1 good testimonial he gets, 2 or 3 others have experienced bad dental care.

I can’t tell you enough how many teeth have been ruined by Dr. Arzate and his Mexico dentists. He gives Cancun dentistry a bad reputation. Many dentist in Mexico think he is a bad example and destroys reputation of other small hardworking dentists.

I don’t even speak English very well, so I had a friend translate this letter. I just feel compelled to say something before more people experience bad dental care from this dentist.

• Dr
    Dr. Verdad Feb 14, 2013

I applaud whom ever wrote the post regarding Dr. German Arzate. You are revealing the truth. Hopefully you have helped many dental tourists avoid complete disaster. Dr. Arzate needs his licence pulled. The MDA, and Mexican government need to do a complete investigation of him, his clinics and interview his victims. I have first hand knowledge of his unethical dental practice and his gross medical negligence when preforming dental work. He will singly handily destroy the dental industry in Cancun Mexico if he is not stopped soon. One good thing is the Mexican Government now allows Class Action law suit cases to be heard in the high court of Mexico. Dr. German Arzate could find himself there facing ex-patients that he has injured, bullied and lied about. Again thank you for taking the time in warning the public. People reading this warning regarding Dr.Arzate It would be wise of you to look elsewhere. Preferably staying in your country of origin, and or picking a dentist in Mexico who is ethical and reputable. There are many but you must do your research.

• Tiziana Ruff Jul 11, 2019

@Dr. Verdad I have absolutely no idea why you guys are so negative about Dr. Arzate. Today is July 11 and I just finished my appointment. I arrived here July 1st and my surgery for the all-on-4 was on July 2 2019. From the staff especially Patricia Arciniega to the workers in the lab, I have nothing but praises. I am stunned at the work I had done and how good I feel and look after only 9 days and 22 extractions. I am beyond happy and I will recommend this clinic and Dr. Arzate to anyone. He is simply THE BEST. Please get a life or at least tell the truth.

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Dr. Verdad I wen there about 4 years ago as I was about to turn 60. The the person below that commented on just going there just wait. 4 + years later, EVERYTHING THEY TOUCHED HAS FALLEN OUT. Not only that they put a post way up in the top where none was needed where I am looking to have it surgically removed.

Everytyhing above is 100% true or worse.

Their work is awful and the shoudl be barred from saying they are dentists and repay past clients.

BTW, they are experts at removing negative comments from places like tripadvisor. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST., to put this in perspective, today i am having what teeth i have left removed so I can wear dentures, something I never expected and I am disgusted. AVOID at all cost. they are incompetent and Rod you should be ashamed of yourself for selling these guys,

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Tiziana Ruff Just wait, your response is nieve.

i was mostly please when I left. Within a year or two everything started to fall out. As i didnt have the money to fix the rotten work. it put more pressure on my good teeth which were destroyed. Today, im having the few teeth I have left removed so that I can get dentures, something that NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED if these people knew what they were doing. AND they PUT A POST WHERE NONE WAS NEEDED. something I now have to have surgically removed for about $5k, something I currently cant afford. BEWARE AND AVOID, as the article states, they are not qualified to offer the services they are providing

• Dr
    Dr. Verdad Feb 15, 2013

The dentist referred to is bald but not sure if he is a savant. He does have something wrong for sure i believe it maybe greeditis. You should do some research on him. He made national news for hurting people but still he is in practice. Guess that's kind of savantige.

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Dr. Verdad There needs to be a class action lawsuit brought against everyone involved with the place, especially the dentist and Rod who sells his services

• Ka
    kalexa Mar 21, 2013

People should be careful when you are reading complaints about this dentist and are redirected to a site that has been set up by the dentists the complaints are about. It may be an attempt to redirect and misguide potential patients and cover up the fact the he has several complaints against him. Make sure you check out the bad press he got in Canada. He also took himself off a medical tourism site because of the numerous complaints when his clinic was Dental Maya. Try staying home to do your work if you can because it will be safer if something goes wrong and if you cant then be diligent in your research.

Mapleleafalberta Apr 07, 2013

I had a smile make over at that clinic and its terrible. Open margins on many of the teeth most will have to be replaced at triple the costs. " Hollywood smile" disaster is what I got. Really feeling scammed by these people. They are out and out liars. Dr. German Arzate is not the best and a poor quality dentist that uses low end materials. Dont go to this clinic for a dental trip its a trap you best free yourself of. Not recommended.

Dental Student Sep 02, 2013

Youtube video made by Pete Macmullin about this place. Check it out.

• Sc
    Scott Peters Nov 29, 2016

@Dental Student I looked all over for this video - can you provide a link?

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Dental Student they are experts at removing negative comments. If it was taken down it needs to be restored. I intend to put up my own video as well

Dental Student Sep 02, 2013

www.realself.com look up "cancun cosmetic dentist complaint about veneers/crowns". WTF is this guy going to people.

• Ge
    George Hentea Jan 07, 2017

If someone wants to take the risk to go there for dental work Go but not me!!
    - Hygiene, Security and real price is not good.
    - Open your eyes and don "t pay before.
    -Do not trust this dental office!!

• Tiziana Ruff Jul 11, 2019

@George Hentea This place is excellent..I just finished my visit with them...

• Le
    leeleehuff Aug 02, 2019

@Tiziana Ruff Now being almost a month out how are you feeling?

• Tiziana Ruff Aug 02, 2019

@leeleehuff I will make an update after I have my visit with my dentist in the US on Aug 14. 😩

• Du
    Dunedog Nov 19, 2019

@Tiziana Ruff Any updates?

• Tiziana Ruff Nov 19, 2019

@Dunedog I have to go back once more in February...UGGGGG 😩

• Du
    Dunedog Nov 21, 2019

@Tiziana Ruff Why?

• Tiziana Ruff Nov 22, 2019

@Tiziana Ruff I sent you a private message

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Tiziana Ruff Just wait, as I did, within a few years everything they touched fell out

@Tiziana Ruff just wait

Deloreshvidsten Aug 12, 2019

We were ready to go to Cancun, me, my sister and my aunt to get the all on four procedure done because our dear friend just got back from there. She was happy when she came back but now she told us to wait until her dentist is going to give her the green light on the work Dr. Arzate did. It would be horrible if all the bad reviews were true.!

• Tiziana Ruff Aug 17, 2019

@Deloreshvidsten Go please!

• Tiziana Ruff Aug 17, 2019

Ok... it has been over a month, almost 2 month. Everything is good up to now. You guys can stir the pot all you want, the fact remain that Dr. Arzate tries his best to makes you happy. To one bad review there are 100 great ones. Any product or doctor or lawyer or other professional has those. Because something doesn't turns out exactly the way you want it, it doesn't mean the person is evil... really...get a life!

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

@Tiziana Ruff Just wait, it took a few years and then everything they touched fell out. Not only that they put in a post where one was not needed, which I now have to have surgically removed. At 65 this is going to cost me thousands of dollars I dont have

• Tiziana Ruff Dec 04, 2019

I have to go back one more time December 10 2019 due to infection. This will be my third time 😡

PaulKG Jan 17, 2020

Never go back to these guys.

• Tiziana Ruff Jan 17, 2020

I know but it's a long long story... my email is [email protected] i do have a story to tell!

• Tiziana Ruff Jan 18, 2020

Paul, I sent you a private message!

PaulKG Jan 19, 2020

@Tiziana Ruff i have no idea how to get it

PaulKG Jan 19, 2020

and actually dont care as based on your comments, it appears you are associated with the cancun people and shouldnt be trusted.

• Tiziana Ruff Jan 19, 2020

@PaulKG You know very little then...I live in SC not in Cancun. I cannot say much yet but I will in due time.

• Tiziana Ruff Jan 20, 2020

What you see is my real name..look me up on Facebook...I don't hide behind a fake name!

Chosen one Jan 24, 2020

Damn why would you risk it!!