Canadian Property Starsscam

H Review updated:

Springmasters changed their name to "canadian property stars" to get away from all the complaints they wracked up through HORRIBLE business practices! Do not support this company!

Mark Jonesf18 Dec 09, 2019

Property Star is just a marketing company that contracts out their work to inexperienced twits that no nothing about lawns. For many it might be their first Canadian Lawn to walk on. They ruined my lawn by improperly setting the aeration depth and [email protected]$ked it up. I complained but they never replied. I had to spend money and time to fix everything. Meanwhile my lawn looked like a plowed up field for most of the summer.
    Stay clear and get a proper lawn company

• Ra
    Ramsey Don Jul 29, 2017

I worked for Canadian property stars last summer. From my experience the company is unethical and they treat their workers like slaves and will hire literally anyone. I don't even know how is this firm legal? On the contrary, if you are willing to go door to door pushing a 150-pound aerator kart and closing sales you can make good money. I made 900 $ all commissions working for 11 days. Not my cup of tea. I don't recommend it, it's a scam folks.
    This company needs to be investigated.

• Si
    sir_steveoh Mar 13, 2017

Think I figured this out, they get legitimacy and tons of word of mouth advertising free from said sales salve. They try to claim a portion because they supply garbage driveway sealant, heavy powered window washing equipment. And the molasses based sealant just washes off hum! Okay, well I guess I can just go door-to-door myself and sell a REAL SERVICE in which I book a time and come back to do said job but with real product from home depot. And a squeegee and bucket with automotive window cleaner to do some reachable windows.. No pain in my ###, and I make all the profits and run my own small bussiness Thank Canadian Property Stars, I think I can make some good cash rolling on some sealant this summer. And no, I will not show for my interview. Waste of time to work for them, do it yourself and sell a service.

• Cp
    CPSsucks Oct 16, 2014

I worked for this company for just about 3 weeks. On day while dragging one of their piece of junk drive way sealing carts up a 20 degree hill I spasmed my lower back. When the manager the manager finally showed up we had to help an other crew finish up. When we finally got back to the shop I told the manager that I needed to go to the hospital, and they made me sit there for almost 90 minute. When they finally got moving the SOB dropped me at a Subway parking lot over 4 Kilometres away from the hospital and made me walk the rest of the way. When I finally got to the hospital (almost passing out on the way there) I was told that i had a sever back spasm and would be off for a wile. I was off for three week and on heavy pain killers. Lost over $800 from being unable to work at my normal job. To any one that reads this I would recommend that you stay away from this so called company!! They treat all their employees like dirt and will screw you over the first chance they get.

• Ll
    lllllllllllllldddddddd Aug 09, 2014

i worked with company and one my first day of work i quiet i worked about 8 hours and didn't even get paid unsafe working conditions. i had to go to the washroom and the manger told me just go behind a bush they wont mind

notabadguy Jun 14, 2013

The biggest complaint I have about Canada property stars is they don't care about neighbours properties. My neighbour had his driveway sealed, and my car was covered in this oily spray. I told the worker and he said he will call his boss. Hours later he came by, touched my car, told me "look, it comes off". I told him I want him to pay for a car wash. He said no. I'm sure my neighbour feels bad. These guys are a bunch of jerks. I don't think anybody should deal with these guys.

• Sm
    SMaster Mar 21, 2013

I do not believe a licensed PI would state things the way you have, Charles Clinton. Would you be willing to provide your registration number?

charl72 Jan 23, 2013

This biggest complaint I have against Canadian Property Stars, is their insistence on posting their advertising flyers all over the country, it seems .
    In my neighbourhood of Scarborough, they post on any surface that stays still long enough to attach their flyers. The city of Toronto has launched a major campaign to prosecute violators, but this company continues, their posting on bus shelters, bus stops, hydo poles, trees, , everywhere, not unlike a company called "Boot Camp".
    I don't know the principals behind this "Canadian Stars", but from my keen observations over the years, this kind, of what I call 'rouge posting' is confined to the following communities SouthAsian/MiddleEastern/ especially, SriLankans.. i t seems to be a cultural, behaviour, something they do in their country.
    This is rapidly turning this once clean, order city called Toronto, into a disorderly looking third world hell...

• Ki
    KilltheKat Jun 06, 2012

Not necessarily. I have done extensive research on this company, and even though I am currently a private contractor (we are not employees) with this company, I do not believe in a single thing they say, excluding the benefits of the service they provide.
    They may have changed their name once they went National, but if you check their standing with the Better Business Bureau, with which they claim to be accredited, each of their names is under alert, for complaints, lack of response to said complaints, and trademark infringement. This is under all the current and previous names of the business.

Not only that but they fire people left and right for any reason, while at the same time providing unsafe work environments. Yes, the money is good, if you can put in the effort, and some of the employees (not contractors, but actual staff) are a blast to work with, but the Higher up a manager is, the less likely he/she will treat you like a person.

• Im
    iMboard May 16, 2012

Spring Masters was an Ontario base company but I think they changed their name when they became a national company. I dont think a company would go national unless they had great customer service