CanadaVet.comliars

F Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• F
      Sep 27, 2017

was a little worried when I read some of the complaints however, I received the order in 20 days, no extra duties, no extra delivery charge. The product was exactly what I ordered and the best before date is 2020. No complaints at all. The price in Canadian funds was identical to American so I figure I saved 30% Very pleased and yes, I would use again.

• G
      Apr 10, 2018

I have been told by my vet that the Nexgard that CanadaVet sells is fake. They are investigating and I am trying to get my money back. Caveat emptor Be sure what you are buying is the real deal .

• L
      May 02, 2018

@Grant Mansell If you don't mind me asking, how did your vet know it was fake product? Just curious, if we know what to look for on the fake products we can check our products we've ordered. I've been told by every vet that the products sold online are fake. I began to order online from Canada Vet and other overseas suppliers because I foster dogs and every single rescue I've fostered for has ordered generic heartworm prevention and lower cost flea and tick prevention from online companies to save money. So I began to do the same. My vet didn't like that, he said he wouldn't write a prescription because the products sold online are fake. Several other vets in over 10 years have told me the same. However, thankfully, what the rescues use (at least for hw prevention) that's been ordered overseas by them and me and used on our dogs and cats has worked. For years I've ordered generic hw prevention online and I get my dogs heartworm tested at a low cost clinic every year (just in case) and thank God they've remained heartworm free. And that's been about 10 years or so now. I can understand that there are some fake products out there and vets don't want to take that liability. And, truthfully, they have businesses to run and this hits them in the pocketbooks. And, believe me, living in Texas there are many, many mosquitos and a huge chance of a pet getting heartworms if a product didn't work, so we would know it, because the dogs are checked every year for heartworms. Just to be safe. And if it didn't work then they'd have them, for sure. Mosquitos can't be avoided here.

The written word can be read in many tones, please don't take mine as confrontational. I'm just sharing my own experience so far. And if you can share with us what led them to believe, or let them know that the product was fake, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll check mine and let the rescues know what to check on their Nexgard as well.

• L
      May 02, 2018

@Fred
    Dude, LOL!! Your dog can't get a concussion from medication, that's caused by a blow to the head and you should change that because it makes you look like what you're calling them. Sometimes if you use cheap flea/tick prevention that can cause a pet to get sick. And people can get those at WalMart or Target, or the dollar store, so why bother ordering them online? (If that's what you used. Specify what you used, that would be helpful.) I've never received any expired medication from Canada Vet and I've ordered maybe 5 times or so. If you did, you should take some pictures and post them. Honestly, I don't know how you'd prove that you didn't allow that product to expire yourself, though, and just blame them.

They do take a LONG time (I'm in Texas) but they're in Australia (not Canada...they should really change the name, it's misleading) for shipping but I've never paid a lot of money for shipping with them, if any. Many times it's been free shipping because I try to take advantage of any sales or specials or use online coupons when I can. Or over a certain amount is usually free shipping with them. And they use snail mail, so...remember that! If people want to buy products such as heartworm prevention (only recommended for dogs if you've had them on heartworm prevention EVERY MONTH and it was originally prescribed by your vet) that they can't get here at lower prices or can't get without a prescription and trip to the vet, then just buy from your vet and get instant gratification, or use a company based in your country that you can send in the prescription for and get the medication that way.

My vet won't write out prescriptions unless they're antibiotics (that I need to take to a regular pharmacy) because he said he didn't want me to order anywhere else. He said he didn't trust the products from Europe and Canada, and, well, I'm sure deep down he wanted the money in his pocket, honestly. He has a vet clinic to pay for and has expenses, I understand that. I do take my dogs in once a year for a HW test to a low cost spay/neuter/vaccination clinic and they've, thankfully, been HW free with the products I've used from CanadaVet so I still use them. And many rescues I foster for also use companies like this and order from the UK or Australia because they need to cut costs anywhere they can.

SO, folks, don't order last minute because you're not going to get your products very fast, since they're coming from Australia. And be sure to do your homework about the products you're using on your pet. I'm using only products that I've used that were once prescribed by the vet and I just got tired of paying the heavy prices at their office. I'd rather have a reserve and order in advance and just know that it could be about a month for receipt. If you want them faster, maybe you can pay for expedited shipping? I don't know, I never checked for that option, I always use the least expensive or free shipping option because I have 2 dogs and 3 cats, I have to save money anywhere I can. Paying more for shipping would defeat the purpose of me ordering online for cheaper medications/preventions, I may as well pay more at the vet if I do that, in my opinion.

• R
      Jul 10, 2018

On June 21 I ordered Nextguard Spectra. I wanted a six month supply, so based on the picture (which shows three chews per box, I ordered 2 boxes. What I received was two boxes with a single chew. called r customer service and spent 18 MINUTES waiting while she tried to find my account, couldn’t find my account, told me she could not give me a refund, that she did not have the authority and she didn’t have the authority to put me through to someone who had the authority
    I spent 50.22 on two chews (25.11 each). A random vet survey found an average price of 57.24 for a 3 pack. RIPOFF!
    Oh! That best price guarantee? Don’t bother trying to collect on that
    Oh! That best price guarantee? Don’t bother trying to collect on that

• K
      Nov 26, 2018

In the past two years I have ordered and received (in a reasonable amt of time and well within the exp. date.) over $700 worth of revolution for cats from CanadaVet.com.
    We have a lot of cats. The savings are great. We are pretty much flea free. Our fencing doesn't let our cats out but other animals can get in. We have the rare stray cat, possum or raccoon come through the yard so we will never be totally free of fleas. Regular vet visits show no worms of any kind. I think some of these reviewers have unrealistic expectations. I am sure CanadaVet.com isn't perfect but we have saved over a thousand dollars so far. That's a lot of cat food.

• G
      Jun 25, 2019
    CanadaVet.com - order 872661
    Canada

I just had to pay extra for duties and handling... why are you using the canada vet name the you are not shipping for here??
    What a scam!

• D
      Oct 01, 2019
    CanadaVet.com - Pet meds
    Canada

Over two months and order never showed up. No response from this pack of thieves. Stay away.