Menu

Camp Australia  -  Alexandria service

A
Author of the complaint
11:55 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently I received an overdue bill from camp Australia going back to January this year.
In January my son was booked to attend the service at Alexandria from 4 to 13 of Jan. He felt sick and I cancelled his enrollment. Their policy says that I have to do some 7 days in advance which is impossible as I cannot predict illness of my child. I. Cancelled on the day of sickness going forward
I was not aware of any overdue fines untill recently they emailed me saying that they had a system error and only now found out I owe them money.
-Everytime I called them to understand the bill, I would speak to different overseas customer service staff. Who required me to provide my Id name, date of birth and address and contact number to a customer service. They admitted they were from the Phillipiness and did not want to provide their name to me over the phone.

- I asked them to remove me from the direct debit and they agreed but then again attempted to take the disputed amount from it. They tried at least 3 times while I gave them no consent. When they could not debit they penalized me 20 dollars for every failed attempt. Now the penality is almost 50 dollars for failed payments only apart from an overdue bill
- the actual bill: in Jan my son did not attend the services on booked days because of no show camp Australia had removed Centrelink child care subsidy leaving me with a full and not subsidized bill. I called Centrelink and they said that they are happy to pay CCS if Camp Australia reinstalls it.
- Camp Australia refused to claim CCS on my behalf because they said it's outside now their financial year and they cannot help, so I must pay or I get penalised even further.
- Centrelink advise I should still provide sick certificate to Camp Australia. But again they refused to admit. Because January is passed.
- I am on austudy and I essentially did not get their service in January. I have to pay for the service they did not provide to my child
Could you please help, as today they charged me with another penalty for not paying overdue fees.
Anastasia