Sort by: Date | Popularity

Domains By Proxy Complaints & Reviews

Domains By Proxy / Fraud

Rh
May 27, 2011

I'm locked into domainsbyproxy. They can't "verify" my identity because 1) my names didn't match - so I added photo id and a pdf of my marriage license. Then 2) the addresses didn't match - I have my billings go to a po box there is no government id for that. Because they are linked to the domain registration and you cannot take it off even in renewal - i'm stuck with godaddy until something gives. My new webhost can't transfer my website. They are paid from my credit card information at godaddy but won't go by the account information at godaddy, even though they are owned by godaddy. I'm...

Domains By Proxy / Identity Theft

Th
Jan 9, 2011

Please, please protect yourself from this godaddy group scam company. When you register a domain, they tell you you need private registration to keep from getting spam. They never disclose that it is a scam. Domains by proxy locks your account, and it is on auto renew. The only way to unlock is to send in government issued photo id, tax documents, etc. Why? So they can hold you and your domains and credit card information hostage!!! Beware!!!