Bray and Scarffservice

L

BUYER BEWARE!!! Do not make any purchases from Bray and Scarff (Cockeysville location) unless you like a cocky manager (Brian) and an inattentive service department.

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Bray and Scarff and it was installed 4 days later. We ran it 2 times and it broke (displaying E:15 error code). We called the service department to have someone come out to diagnosis/fix it.

That’s when our problems started. The service department was unresponsive, they never returned phone calls, I was hung up on when put on hold, and everyone I spoke to did not have a clue about the problem (I constantly had to repeat my problem). When a service call was finally setup two days later at 3:00 PM, the technician failed to show up. By 3:15 I called the service department and was told, that I was on the schedule for 6:00 PM. I explained that was not what I was told and that I had taken 2 ½ hours off of work to meet the technician. They were unphased. When the technician finally showed up that evening, he determined the Bosch dishwasher was defective (leaking from a seam in the back). It then took the service department 2 more days (with me constantly following up with them) to get a ‘return exchange authorization’. It then took 4 more days to get on the schedule to remove the defective dishwasher and replace it with a new one; again with me constantly pushing for a date.

The thing we cannot get over was the lack of customer service we received from Bray and Scarff. They knew we were new, unhappy customers. They did not go out of their way to help us or get us on the schedule as soon as possible for a replacement. Why were we not a #1 priority?? It has been almost 2 weeks that we have been without a dishwasher. The irony is that we were trying to be proactive by replacing our 11 year old Kenmore which was still working (and never had a problem).

We purchased from Bray and Scarff because they proudly state that they have their own service department, unlike the ‘big box stores’ that contract out their service department. Well, given what we have gone through, I’m certain that we would have gotten BETTER customers service from any other big box store (it could not be any worse). We will be taking future business elsewhere!

Lesson learned - - Make an informed decision before purchasing ANYTHING from this company. Be sure to also check out the 56 complaints related to “Problems with Product/Service” and 7 “Negative Customer Experience” reviews on the Better Business Bureau’s website. We wish we would have before making this purchase. Note: The Customer reviews are not used in the calculation of the BBB Rating…that’s how they still get an A+ rating.