Brachsmaple nut goodies - product recipe change

S

I am another unhappy customer relative to Brachs Maple Nut Goodies. Like many others I have been hooked on Maple Nut Goodies for many years. I have always purchased by the bag at Cracker Barrel and more recently in bulk (5lb to 7lb bag) via Amazon. I only buy the products that state they are brachs and when I get them the bag always has a Brachs description and nutrition stickers on them. I bought a 2 lb. bag in November 2016. They were the product I had been buying for years and were excellent. I purchased the next bag in April 2017 and they had changed completely. Different color, smaller in size, different tase and hard texture as opposed to the softer and chewy texture. I then bought another batch from a different seller and they were bad as well ! Please tell me this was only a temporary product test that has gone bad and the "real" Maple Nut Goodies are back!!! Seriously, I cannot buy any more Maple Nut Goodies if you do not go back to the originals !

• Po
    Pophoh Mar 03, 2021

Just like all the others said, I will never buy these again.

maameaux Jan 11, 2021

So sad. It really wasn’t just a bad bag? Very disappointing. These were my favorite also. It’s now 2021. I guess the old recipe isn’t coming back...

• Co
    coolietoolie Oct 29, 2020

The current Maple Nut Goodies are terrible!!! Just like all of the other comments posted here agree. Another company bought Brachs and obviously the new people had no taste at all for the old style, best candy ever, Maple Nut goodies. In fact they probably had never even tried them!! But they came in and the first thing they looked at was how to make them cheaper. By doing that they totally ruined the original candy that we all loved.

I did write to the the company and the response I received back was basically, "we are sorry you have not enjoyed the Maple Nut Goodie but perhaps you might like to try one of the many other varieties of candy we offer". What kind of response is that to a customer that has been eating the Maple Nut Goodies for many many years and loving them. There wasn't even any comment as to why they felt a need to change the recipe. Obviously this is the type of new ownership they now are. That is very sad.

• Me
    Meljewett Feb 26, 2019

It's good to learn that others hate these "new" recipe maple nut goodies. I have been an avid fan of the old maple nut goodies for as long as I can remember (now 72). A couple of years ago they changed and were (and still are) too hard to eat. I swore off buying them and have only tried on rare occasions since, hoping that the recipe was changed back. Alas, not yet. I sometimes bought mine at Tractor Supply in an plain bag, other times from other stores in a Brach's bag. They were the same under the old recipe and both changed to the inedible hard ones at the same time. Just bought my latest test bag (Feb 2019) and they are still inedible. Evidently Brach's has no intention of returning to the good recipe. Oh well, another customer lost.

Joe Mahan Dec 02, 2018

Supposedly they are now made in huge batches some where in Mexico.

• Mo
    Mountain two-niner Nov 16, 2018

Did you guys not take a lesson from Coca Cola? why in the world would you change an icon like Maple Nut Goodies?
    you can't let bean counters run everything. I am sadly disappointed, been eating these for over 50 years, the first ones from the candy counter at Sears with my Dad. These were always the treat I looked forward to. My Dad has been gone many years, thankfully he has not had to endure this atrocity. I will not subject my grandson to this aberration . It will be Good & Plenty candy he will remember me for, not this inedible clump of rocks. Sad.

• Wa
    Warren Fisher Nov 03, 2018

Trump can lie and get away with it, your lie about rushing to correct the texture of the Maple Nut Goodies after two years is apparent with every goody I suffer thru. It’s Nov 2018 and I have waited months to purchase my current sack. The taste is memorable but the overall experience sucks. Cut the bull and fulfill your promise. I am 95 and not sure how much longer I can wait. Warren Fisher. I

• Db
    Dblowp Oct 14, 2018

I agree, whatever this [censored] they radomly started coming out with is total crap. I highly incurage people to not by this product. Hard as [censored] and nothing compared to the original recipe.

• Ro
    Ron Duncan Aug 24, 2018

Please go back to the chewy center.

• Mi
    Michelle Maring Aug 13, 2018

I have been buying Maple Nut Goodies seems like forever and I have noticed that the last few times I bought them that the outer layer was creamy and they all like stuck together. It wasn't the hard shell and soft yet crunchy center I was use to. Though maybe it was a fluke. However, I bought the 20 oz bag from Cracker Barrel yesterday and they were horrible. They were all stuck together and almost melted to each other on the outer layer and hard as brick in the middle. That was a waste of money I regret. They definitely have HAD to change the recipe or something.
    Wishing the original ones back PLEASE. I did check the date on them and they are NOT expired until 2019 so I know it wasn't that.

• Kr
    krislynn777 Aug 11, 2018

i cant eat them while they are hard like this. why couldnt you have just let the original recipe alone?

• Li
    Linda L. Burack Aug 10, 2018

I too am very disappointed in the Brach*s Maple Nut Goodies. Why the change?? They used to be my favorite but not any longer. It has been over a year since I had bought any and thought I would give it another try but NOPE still the same HARDER than HARD that one can't even chew them. Feel like you might break your teeth trying to eat one. The taste just isn't there like it used to be. They used to taste like more but NO longer with this different recipe. UGH or is YUCK!! Really sad and disappointed again. No more of my business will they get of mine.

ShellieCleary Jul 24, 2018

The change to the maple nut goodies was a horrible decision, who ever did this needs to be fired. You changed from the hard outside coating and chewy inside to a waxy outside maple coating and hard candy inside and it is just horrible. My daughter bought me a large bag for Christmas and I was excited until I ate one, I had to throw the whole bag away, like everyone else I thought they were stale and hard. Now I bought another bag thinking they would be better and that soft outside is just aweful. Way to go Brachs, taking something good and making it inedible. I don’t know of any company that doesn’t like to make money, but you are going to make this easy at not getting any of mine!!! Seriously disappointed previous customer!!!

RebeccaI Jul 07, 2018

I have always eaten the Brach's Maple Nut Goodies, as did my Dad before me. It was always a tradition and our favorite candy. I bought a bag and thought they were out of date, but I checked and the date was good. I continued to buy some here and there, and still they were what I thought as stale. This weekend I decided to try it again. I thought maybe I had still been receiving bad batches. They were still hard and awful. I'm afraid I'll break my teeth out. Can someone please tell me what happened. I will not be buying any more Brach's Maple Nut Goodies. That is so sad. They were the best!

• Me
    meik20dalegend Jun 25, 2018

My favorite candy has been demented with hard toffee instead of heavenly soft chewy and gooie toffee. Please bring back the old receipe. Asap!

reefrus May 18, 2018

I threw away the bag of Maple Nut Goodies, nasty taste and different texture. I do not care for the crunchy I liked the chewy. I have eaten these all my life and am very disappointed in this change I will not be buying again unless they change it back.

• Ki
    Kim Walley-Sumrall May 10, 2018

Maple Nut Goodies were my Mom's favorite candy and since I loved them also, she would put a small bag in my Christmas stocking. I buy them occasionally as a treat. I am glad she is not here to see how you have ruined the perfect candy. My #1 complaint is that they are so hard, they are inedible! They are no longer chewy and the outside coating has a powdery texture that is unpleasant. Did you guys even taste them after the change? I won't be buying anymore until I see something on the bag indicating you have returned to the original recipe.

Shellie Johnson Mar 26, 2018

Please go back to the chewy, delicious, roasted peanuts, maple syrup BRACHS CANDY that we all are use to, please. This Maple Nut Goodies are Maple NOT Good at all!!!

CheriAnn Mar 22, 2018

Maple Nut Goodies Hard as ROCKS - I have purchased two Different bags of Brach's Maple Nut Goodies from two different stores in the past month and both bags were hard as rocks and inedible. I had to throw them away to avoid breaking my teeth. Brach's is risking dental claims from customers and loss of business. Do they even test their own candy anymore?

Stephsabc Mar 22, 2018

I've been checked online for the past year to see if there was any chance that they were able to update and correct the manufacturing recipe for these absolutely favorite candies, Maple Nut Goodies. I cannot imagine how anyone in their right minds would mess up such a wonderful recipe that was incredibly popular! They were addictive and now they are hard, too sweet, horrible candies that I won't even bother to purchase. I threw multiple bags away once I understood they had changed the recipe vs. getting just old candy. It makes no logical business sense to screw up the original recipe!!

• To
    Toni Kidd Mar 20, 2018

I have been a Maple Nut Goodie fan for over 40 years and last week I purchased a bag at Menards, expiration date wasn’t until July and this candy was so hard you can’t chew it unless it’s been in your mouth for a while. I’m in agreement with others complaints, this is awful, please change back to original recipe

• Ka
    Kalina Anna Feb 24, 2018

Horrible change! I saw and tasted the change within a week of it happening because I was on physically therapy at the time and had a new bag every week as a comfort food. I occasionally buy them now in hopes that they've changed them back, but no change yet. They are as hard as a rock and the coating is waxy. I soooooooooo want the old recipe back! My mom and I both loved these. I can't believe they changed these and are still marketing them as the real deal! There has to be a law against this? False advertising? Something? Ugh.

• Ar
    Arzoma Feb 24, 2018

I am 38 years old and Maple Nut Goodies have been my favorite candy my whole life. I too like many others thought I had gotten a bad bag so I threw it away and waited until I knew a new shipment came in...I asked the manager...and still no good. These we're my go to as I don't care for chocolate and they are hard and tasteless. And this new soft coating replacing the maple candy coating is disgusting!!! I will never waste my money on this new recipe again. GO BACK TO THE OLD RECIPE!!! If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

• La
    Lardog88 Jan 28, 2018

Like many people here, I grew up on Maple Nut Goodies. Going to Sears with parents and getting them from the candy counter was something I looked forward to. I've enjoyed this candy for decades and now they've decided to change them. Last August I bought a bag and they were so hard I literally could not bite into them. I wrote the company and got the same form letter I read earlier in these comments about how they had a problem in manufacturing, blah blah blah. Well today I thought I would give them another try. While this batch was at least edible, they are no where near the way they used to be. Really sad. One of my favorite candy's is now gone. I wrote them again, but this letter was to tell them that I'm never buying them again because frankly, they taste terrible.

• Ro
    Roserob1 Jan 28, 2018

I hate the new maple nut goodies. I used to buy them all the time. I just bought some the last two months and both bags were so hard and didn't taste the same. They suck! Nobody in the house could eat them. I won't buy them anymore until you go back to the original recipe.

Steveer Jan 20, 2018

I too bought these. Actually my wife found them. I checked the date before we bought them and AOK. Opened them up and same as the last time I bought them in the summer of 2017. Hard as a pebble I looked at the back and it said Roasted peanuts in crunchy toffee. Ohhhhhh Yuck. You shouldn’t try to chew them. Good for the DDS but bad for your teeth. Please change back.

Stacy Lewis Jan 07, 2018

I had purchased Brach's Maple Nut Goodies for decades. They were my favorite and my mother's favorite candy. My children always bought them for me as a treat. My son even created a cookie with chopped up Goodies as an ingredient that were delicious. However, with the last few purchases I made and also the candy received at Christmas, I thought I must have received stale batches or maybe they had been frozen in transit. I spoke with my mother about it and she had thought the same thing about her recent purchases. We now realize that they have changed the recipe and we are so very disappointed. Please change the recipe back to the original. If not, please change the name. It is insulting to the people who loved the candy in the past to keep the same name. The new recipe has changed it to a totally different candy that, frankly, is too hard on the inside, too soft on the outside, and does not taste the same.

• Lo
    Lori Gann Nov 29, 2017

Same issues for me! They’re horrid now. Time to find a new favorite candy. So sad.

Shelrae Nov 19, 2017

Most horrible experience ever, we absolutely loved the original candy. The outer candy was the only hard thing on them and they were amazing and chewy inside, now they have an odd fondant coating and candy in center won't melt and cannot be chewed unless you dog can get through it!!!

• Ky
    Kyle Ellis Totty Nov 04, 2017

Thankyou so much for this thread, I thought I was going crazy, I saw a bag of "Maple Nut Goodies" and the Nostalgia rolled over me, it was never my number one candy, but I simply purchased them, because they were my mothers favorite candy during my childhood years, and they were always delicious, so I bought a couple, I got the bag home, ate one and chipped a piece of my f*****g wisdom tooth, I planned on returning the candy, complaining, and trying a different, but time got away from me, a week later, I purchase another, and the thing is too hard, I check dates, and decide that store just has terrible candy, finally today 11/4/17 I spot "Apple nut goodies" in white chocolate, had to buy them...THEY FREAKING SUCK, I'm trying to eat them, but after maybe 10 or more, my jaws are sore, I will never purchase these again.

• Bo
    Bonnie B. Oct 13, 2017

They are a different candy altogether. I hope you're giving our candy/nut seller some information that will cheer us up, like: "the old recipe will be back in stores by November...December tops." Meanwhile I'm looking for a new favorite made by another company. If you aren't going to use the original recipe, please give the rights to someone who will. Thanks!

• De
    Deefordoxies Oct 09, 2017

Why do companies think they always have to change things? I have enjoyed the original maple nut goodies as a special treat since I was a child. I don't buy them as much lately because of health reasons so when I bought a bag recently I was so disappointed. I too thought they had gone bad. They didn't look right, the outside coating is dull, soft strange. Then biting into it was like a chunk of concrete. If the new company that bought Brachs doesn't go back to the original recipe they can kiss their profit goodby.

Jay9991 Oct 08, 2017

Branches original nut goodies "were" the best, now the absolute worse. Will not by any more.

• Bi
    Big Papa Army Sep 29, 2017

Couldn't agree more. Have loved maple nut goodies all my life and can't stand them now. They are awful in texture and taste. Contacted brachs and they said they identified a manufacturing process that they would fix, but as of late September 2017 they have not. Won't buy any more until they state on the bag "original recipe". Very disappointing and sad. Assume it was some 2 cent savings or an effort to eliminate the product line due to diminished sales. Please fix the candies or remove them from production.

• De
    Deefordoxies Oct 09, 2017

@Big Papa Army The manufacturing problem is Brachs sold the company to Ferrera.

• Be
    BeachB Sep 25, 2017

I literally cracked a tooth eating the "new" Maple Nut Goodies that are hard as rocks. $1200 later I have a new crown. Thanks a bunch, Brachs. There are so many complaints against this candy, why in the world haven't you reverted back to your original recipe? Your stupid candy cost me a lot if money.

• Ly
    Lynette Rodgers Sep 20, 2017

Been eating these Maple candies for 30 years and the bag I just brought home tasted like it had bug spray in it. Sugar insecticide coated rocks. Getting my money back and will not ever buy Brachs candy again.

R E Henkel Brem Sep 12, 2017

The new recipe of Maple Nut Goodies suck! The outside is nasty and the inside are just too hard to chew (very bad for the teeth). After so many years of a great product why would Brach's want to shoot themselves in the foot. Remember the "New Coke"? Major fail! I will but your "new" Maple Nut Goodies on the same list. Not buying them anymore!

• Cs
    csh1 Sep 08, 2017

I totally agree. The new ones are horrible.

• Th
    The Truth You Must Know Aug 28, 2017

O`d take this as an opportunity to live a healthier lifestyle and stop stuffing your faces with diabetes tokens.

• El
    Elaine W Aug 28, 2017

Totally agree! The Maple Nut Goodies are AWFUL! We have been buying them for years and we won't again until they change the recipe back to what it was before. They are hard and no where close to the great candy they once were.