Boot Man Inc.Unjustified booting my car

C

This company is a scam! I parked, paid for my parking, and displayed the parking ticket on my dashboard. They still booted my car on the false pretense that... I don't know, they just made something up. I was completely and legally parked. I consider the $113.50 that I paid to recover my car and have the boot removed simply extortion. They do it because they can, a complete abuse of power. City of Houston and State of Texas, whichever licenses these guys, should cancel their license and make them return the money they took from hard working folks.

More Boot Man Inc. Complaints & Reviews

• Mu
    muschak Feb 13, 2013

I was booted for paying late. I pay through the internet when I get to my office. I was very busy and I went online and paid as soon as I could. I would use the phone app while walking in but the buildings block my service. So I was booted. The thing that bothers me is that the guy came out with his partner and they went off to the side to deliberate. Paraphrasing here..."well, she did pay late. I think we should make her pay..." The other guy said he was sorry the whole time. It's ridiculous. I really need to find the parking rules and time limits to get your payment logged in.

• On
    One_Reply Apr 09, 2012

Quote: "still booted my car on the false pretense that... I don't know, they just made something up."

They simply "made up" a reason to boot you? That sounds unlikely. If you had a permit on your dash it was probably either:

A) Not yours, ( most permits are NOT TRANSFERABLE, as in you cant take a ticket from someone else. ) <- Most likely.
    B) A valid permit from an earlier park that you used more than once in a day. ( Most properties have a no in-and-out rule, requiring you to PAY EACH TIME YOU PARK, even on permits marked as "all day" permits. ) <- Possible, but you would have to miss SEVERAL warnings on the signs and permits to get hit with that one.

Either way, any boot or tow operator that immobilizes or removes your vehicle must be able to show PROOF of your violation, and you also have a right to request a boot hearing with the City of Houston to dispute your boot or tow. Be sure to read ALL signs within reason on the property that you choose to park on. It is YOUR responsibility to follow the rules displayed. Good luck and next time read the signs.

Source: Got booted at 1200 Austin in Houston for an "in and out" ( oops ) by this company. so I was doing some research and realized I was in fact in the wrong.