Bob's Discount Furniture StoreOvercharged for Products Purchased

E

I recently made a large purchase at the new Bob's discount store in Yonkers, New York. My purchase included a dining room set, a living room set (with tables), and a bedroom set. The total for my purchase was $4400. At the time of the purchase I thought it sounded reasonable because it was so a large purchase and I also trusted that they were giving me a good deal as promised on their television commercials. However, after reviewing the purchase at home and comparing the prices listed on the Bob's Furniture website I realized that I had been severly overcharged by the people at the store. It seems that the sale person had charged all of the items as individually rather than charging them as packages. The actual cost of my purchase was $3700. That is $700 less. If you are buying anything at a Bob's Discount Furniture make sure you are getting the discount by reviewing your bill very carefully.

• Lc
    L__C Aug 22, 2014

The advertising here is very deceptive as well as their sales associates.
    It's a very commission driven work place, so the refund/exchange policy
    is left out. When I looked at the written language of the policy, it
    was also very unclear and I felt that it was purposely left to interpretation.

Regardless if an individual had the policies explained/interpreted properly, the customer service representatives and the sales associates were awful. The once kind and "helpful" sales associate wiped her hands clean from the unsatisfied product I received. The customer representatives were not very informative and kept giving me different information ( One said I had 5 days to exchange, another
    said it was 3 months). I would not buy from this place because of it's dishonest nature and lack of transparency.

• Al
    Allan Feb 11, 2011

Never buy anything from bob's furniture in n.j secaucus we bought a sofa in the pit section and the loveseat and chair through bob's department store and that particular furniture has been discontinued problem #1.

problem #2 after purchursing the pit sofa we schedule for pick up for everything yesterday jan 31st. we went to pick up after 6:oo and guess what happened it was being restocked cause we waited too long. what!!! the [email protected]#@#$$ happen we bought that sofa how can they restock hello...i thought i lost my mind. i cancelled everything. got a refund.

• Lo
    lousy store Feb 04, 2010

bob's furniture store is a joke they like to sell you anything and everything but when something is wrong will they fix it NO they have the worst customer service and the people that you have to deal with are nasty
    the only thing they know is sorry but you still get no results they are the worst furniture store I have ever done business with and will never buy any thing there again and don't buy the worthless goof proof plan it's about as worthless as the paper it's written on. after a year the furniture tore they were not interested in doing anything terrible terrible store If I knew all the complaints they had I never would have bought anything in the store
    02/04/2010

• Bo
    Bob's Discount Furniture Jun 05, 2009

My name is Christina and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing purchasing experience. Customer satisfaction is truly a top priority for us and I’d like to help out if I can. I don’t’ know if you have already been in touch with customer service, but I’d encourage you to reach out to our team directly at [protected] x1 or [email protected] and they can walk through any billing questions and concerns you may have. We appreciate hearing from customers and will do all we can to get this situation resolved promptly.

• Li
    Linda C. Petrarca Sep 20, 2008

A scheduled delivery was removed from assigned delivery date without notification to me. I had specifically explained to the representative of the store that sold me the item that I would be away on business and to call my cell phone which I gave to her. Somewhere along the line these instructions were not followed. When I called on the day of delivery to inquire the approx time, I was then informed the delivery had been withdrawn. I explained that I had taken that day from work for delivery of the item. The manager was apologetic but said nothing could be done. I asked if there was a possibility of picking the item up from the store but she responded there was not. I cancelled the order and she responded that the initial deposit would be refunded.