Binder & Binder / legal

What People Don't Understand -

1 - Binder & Binder are NOT attorneys. They are "advocates".

#2 - Social Security is nothing but a waiting game. They are understaffed and underfunded. It is not that the lawyer/representative is not doing anything, it is that your file is at the SSA in a pile and will not get looked at or scheduled for months or years. There is nothing for your representative to do during this wait.

#3 - 90% of cases are denied the very first time due to the fact that over half of the denied cases will not appeal. This is from an attorneywho previously worked FOR SSA

#4 - it is not determined by whether your condition is on the list of disabilities, but by how severe your symptoms are

#5 - it is also determined by if you can do ANY job (janitorial, laundry services, etc.) not just be the job you previously had

#6 - contact your Congressman about your case. It's not a guarantee, but it can help.

I have been through this process several times - first for my (now ex) husband who had a rare autoimmune disease (took 2 years from initial filing), and my son who has severe PTSD (1 1/2 years from initial filing), and now myself. I was denied at first Judicial Hearing for SSD and now just got my date for SSI Judicial Hearing. I filed initially in 2013

Ca