BiblesoftOne touch professional series

D Review updated:

I have been a Biblesoft customer for over 20 years. Starting Spring 2016, we were told that we MUST upgrade to the new software for it to continue to work. I had upgraded to ever version since version 2, so I was ok with that. I purchased the software and at this point have thousands of dollars invested in add-ons and software. Walking away would be very costly for me. I waited over a month to receive the product and right from install had issues. I am running Windows 10 Pro and exceeded the recommended requirements. The software has been buggy, crashes and falls short in every area. I've contacted customer and technical support to no avail. I was offered a refund and told to go back to a previous version that no longer is supported or works. That is NOT a solution to the issues. I've offered to help fix the issues and even offered them to remotely access my computer to see the issues first hand. I've simply been told there are no issues and no fixes in the works.

I continue to receive upgrade notices every other week even though I have upgrade and I am frustrated that they refuse to address issues that other also have had. I could have gotten my $800 upgrade refund after spending thousands in previous version, but then I'd need to spend thousands more to go to another program. Beyond frustrated.

At this point, do not purchase the Biblesoft OneTouch software. It is buggy, crashes and simply is inferior to other products. I've attempted to fix the issue, but I just get a canned tech email. I've test beta products for other companies like Microsoft and nothing is as buggy as this program. It is feature packed, but the basic workings of the program don't work. The Not Responding happen often and frequently.

Continuing to send "please upgrade" emails when I have and you refuse to fix known issues is a slap in the face. New products are only as good as your customer service and that stinks!

John Norene Jan 30, 2019

I have not used OneTouch, so I can't comment on its bugs. I did not buy the hype about version 5 not working with Windows 10 since I have installed it and used it on Win 10 without issues. I have, however, developed a method of installation that does not have the problems related to older add-ons. My problem is that while I have invested about $2, 000.00 in the software, I am now retired and can no longer afford such expenditures. When OneTouch was released, I was told that v 5 would no longer be supported and any add-ons I had purchased would be incompatible with OneTouch. I felt this was a blatant ploy to squeeze more money out of the customer base. I am not surprised by the lack of customer service; that is usually the first thing to go after new management comes in. I will keep using v 5 since it works fine on Windows 10.

• Ms
    Ms Dragonfly Nov 29, 2018

There are settings on your computer that will address your issues. Gossiping on social media will not fix your issues. Please email [email protected] with your questions or concerns and you will be helped.

• Bl
    B Longo Oct 20, 2018

I agree with all the complaints I've read. I thought it was only me. Tech Support and Customer Service is non-existent. And recently, after Hurricane Michael, and the internet was down, I realized the program will not open without internet connection. In addition, they have been advertising the mobile app as "coming soon" for more than a year, which was the primary reason I upgraded to OneTouch. I have been a loyal customer since version 2.0, and used to brag about PC Study Bible, but no longer the case. I do not believe this is a Christian company, and by their fruits ye shall know them. Please someone with ethics buy this company and turn it around.

• Ga
    Gary Cheris Oct 09, 2018

Yes, horrible. Like the rest, I've been a customer forever and was nagged into One Touch on 2-6-18. What a terrible program and no tutorials! Really? (They say they are working i=on the tutorials???? Isn't that something that should be complete upon offering a new version????) My frustration is to the point that I will just stop using it (which has been extremely limited because of the difficulties) and loose the upgrade dollars I spent. Talked with customer servive a few minutes ago and she really didn't know how to use it either, specifically saving notes. She offered to set up an appointment to talk with tech for a half-hour. Tech should be available when you call in, even if you have to be on hold for a bit. At the prices they are charging they offer very, very little guidance and support.

What a terrible witness.

• Ms
    Ms Dragonfly Nov 29, 2018

@Gary Cheris Tutorials are available via live pre-scheduled appointments. Gossiping on social media will not fix your issues. Please email [email protected] with your questions or concerns and you will be helped.

• Da
    David French Oct 03, 2018

Yes big problem with company. Ordered the software and waited for 2 months never got it. No customer support or anyone to talk to. They did not answer my emails. Had to dispute on my credit card to get my money back. For sure NOT recommended you buy this product.

• So
    SofTec Oct 03, 2018

@David French Oh, that is not good. It sounds like things are getting worse. It is a shame. If they handled themselves properly, they could make it work.

• So
    SofTec Aug 20, 2018

Well Brian, the software does have a large library for sure, especially in the pro package. But I believe it is the "Buggyness" and awful support that is driving people crazy. I was roaming through this complaint board and I see that there are a few threads complaining about BibleSoft. Here is another.
    Biblesoft — Bad experience

Last time...
    When I press the Bibles, Topics, Commentaries, Books, and Media buttons I am astounded at the number of new resources I have in addition to the extensive library I had in the primo Advanced Reference Library content. I don't think I'll ever use all the reference works and features but even with my inital V4 outlay, then the V5 and OT update costs combined, IMHO the OT Professional Series update is a great value.

Brian_Miller Jun 21, 2018

I'll try again... I updated to OneTouch Professional Series from PCSB V5 Advanced Ref Library. I retired after working in IT for 38 years and am on a fixed income. I'm used to having to pay for major software updates every 3-4 years, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Biblesoft offered another discount on top of the upgrade discount and I jumped on it. There is a steep learning curve to use the (new) advanced features. The app is somewhat buggy and Tech Support isn't a premium

Brian_Miller Jun 21, 2018

I updated to OneTouch Professional Series from PCSB V5 Advanced Ref Library.

Jack Jackson Feb 03, 2018

Agree wholeheartedly. Invested thousands over the years and now it sits there. If I had bought the books instead at least I could access them. Now have to start all over with Wordsearch and hate the learning curve. They refuse to upgrade the old longterm customers for a fair fee. HUndreds of more $ just to continue use what we already paid for. Terrible company policy to invest in. STAY CLEAR !!!

• Wa
    Walter Marshall PhD Oct 31, 2017

This is really interesting. I thought I was the only one dealing with these issues. I thought I had received a lemon and happen to get the wrong customer service individuals. I am constantly traveling and contributed the lack of response from customer service to my traveling. My goodness this is a serious problem. I have used BibleSoft for years and had no problems until this last upgrade. I hope some kind of software fix is found soon to fix these problems. Blessings to all who are going through with this program.

• Mi
    Misled by Biblesoft Sep 09, 2017

A disreputable and disrespectful company! What a contrast with Logos or Wordsearch or Bibleworks! Or my favorite, Bible Analyzer!
    These show true christian character and immediately respond to customer concerns (within an hour!!). I wasted so much money and believed in them. Not any more!! Don't be duped. Please!!

• Hi
    Hidden Day Jul 08, 2017

I have had a similar experience... Months to receive the software, completely horrible customer service with tons of excuses, and I have not gotten the promised 'book club' every two weeks for over 8 months now.
    I have been extremely patient only to face inane comments, no response at all, and finally they told me 'That is baloney sir" That was the last straw. I can;t understand how a supposed Christian company would be this horrible. I will be writing a full report of my 8 month long ordeal here shortly.
    But in the meantime DO NOT BUY ANY BIBLESOFT PRODUCTS!

• L5
    L50 Jun 03, 2017

I am also in agreement about the poor customer service; it's impossible to speak with anyone anymore --- their voicemails are full. I have been a loyal customer of Biblesoft since 2000. I have purchased all the versions for myself, my brother, and my pastor! I have bought every upgrade, along with numerous books over the past 15 years. In fact, I just spent almost $300 in books last March!!! To have to spend another $500-$700 (dependent upon their sales price) because the product is no longer going to be supported is beyond awful. :(

• Ar
    Arthur F Green May 16, 2017

I agree with what has been said. I have been a customer for a very long time, continually upgrading. One Touch Professional simply does not work. I have invested thousands in this program and now regret it. Changing over to another program of the same level is hugely expensive. There seems no way out at all. Don't buy this under any circumstances.

• Rs
    r searles Mar 07, 2017

I agree with the complaint 100% because I have the same issues. I've been using PC Biblesoft since Version 2 came out and upgraded every time a new version was made available. I to have offered to advise them of any problems that I encounter, and they totally ignored me concerning that. One Touch has a tutorial tab and NOTHING is in it; i.e., words, there are no tutorials to aid the user to find or execute some commands. Basic things in the older versions are either hidden or non-existent in One Touch. I have spent over $400 for the One Touch upgrade, but I am seriously considering going back to Version 5. Like Darren, I have invested around $1200 or more and can't afford to start with another program. I am 78 and living on social security and half sick to my stomach thinking I wasted this huge amount of money.

You no longer can talk to a customer service representative or a sales person even though they give you a number to call for a person-to-person contact. Every thing is done via email and you have to wait on them to contact you. If you are considering buying this, you are making a SERIOIUS MISTAKE. I wish there was a class action suit; I would join it in a heart beat.
    Bob Searles

• Ro
    Ron Weber Sr. Jan 07, 2017

I missed the upgrade requests because it went to an email address I seldom use anymore. To upgrade now would cost me $464 after discounts. Not going to do it.

• Da