BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus Logo

BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus

Having problems with BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus?

BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus Customer Service Contacts

55740 Currant Road
Mishawaka, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus Customer Service. Initial BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus. Discuss the issues you have had with BetterWorldBooks / Qumpus and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

BetterWorldBooks / Qumpuswhere are my books?

As I can see I am not the only one with the same problem.
I ordered two books four weeks ago and there's still no response from them. First of all, they had to send me a confirmation email and some information about my order. I called them to find out whether my order was sent or not, they said that yes, it was and speaking of not receiving the confirmation email - well, it was a system error. That's what they said. They told me, that I would have to wait for 8-9 business days for my books to arrive. So it's been almost a month and I wonder where they are.
That's all I want to know. All of a sudden they started ignoring my requests and I can't get in touch with them now. Scammers behavior, but I hope they are not...

D

Better World Books — Wrong book

Hello. I've purchased a book from this website and it took them forever to deliver my order. When I finally...

Better World BooksDid not receive the book

I have ordered a book from www.betterworldbooks.com and it was sent via USPS and I was given a tracking number.
    When the estimated delivery date came I received nothing so I contacted BetterWorldBooks customer service to see what was going on and they said that I need to call USPS to get more detailed information.
    So I called USPS and they said that they did not get any packages from BetterWorldBooks! Later I also found out that they tracking number was fake.
    I'll never deal with this terrible company ever again!

JoAnn killian Aug 17, 2018

I ordered a book through eBay, Book name Gone author Robert Dean Anderson, transaction #TG13004UW3282513 and Item #[protected]. Please let me know where my order is send to email [email protected] net thank you JoAnn Killian

JoAnn killian Aug 17, 2018

I ordered a book through eBay book Gone by Robert Dean Anderson, transaction #TG13004UW3282513 and Item #[protected] please send me when book will arrive at [email protected] JoAnn Killian thank you

JoAnn killian Aug 17, 2018

@JoAnn killian please check above for my request JoAnn

Betterworldbooks.comProblems with delivery and stupid staff

I ordered three books from the website www.betterworldbooks.com. I needed them for my studies and the seller promised to deliver it within a week. I waited a month, and the order hasn’t been delivered. I contacted the customer services and told to cancel my order. The rep told me that it was cancelled. He promised that money would be returned within 3 days. I haven’t got my money back and books as well. The rep from the customer services only gave me stupid and empty promises. Please leave comments about your experience with this seller.

• Jj
          J.J. Simian Apr 09, 2014

I have made several book purchases from this Online Bookseller and I have No complaints. There were a few discrepancies with some purchases, but they were Quickly & Effeciantly "Made Right" by their customer service people.

Better World BooksHorrible

Let me tell you about my recent purchase-ordered a set of three books in a slip case, paid 3.99 for gift wrapping and sent a request to have the set mailed in a cardboard box. Guess what?
        1)st of all-got only one of the three volumes! Are you'all STUPID? The title reads: "THREE VOLUMES IN A SLIP CASE"
        yet they only sent vol.1...I would think they hire 12 year old kids to do their packaging but even then-12 year olds know how to read; when title says "3 volumes" even a kid would think it's gotta be 3 books, right?
        2)I chose the option of and was charged 3.99 for gift wrap: no gift wrap, again thanks for uuuuh, NOTHING.
        3)The usal flimpsy 0.1mm plastic wrap/envelope. This is the reason I stopped ordering from "better..." because they are WORSE, duh. Even if you buy a 5-6 lbs heavy textbook they'll mail it in a plastic envelope. Plactic, that is correct, like a plastic bag at a grocery store, NOT even padded. Hate to say that again but, ARE YOU STUPID? what happens to the corners and the spine/binding once the post office goofs start using logistics as practice targets? Oh okay, they save 60 cents when not using a box! Gotcha-anything that adds to the bottom line of THE CORPORATION!..."Yeah but you see, we mail a 100, 000 pieces daily, times sixty cents gives you $60, 000 in saving a day, more goes to our pockets, do the math dummy!" Okay Mr Betterworld books-I see the point you made but wait a tic, didn't you get ALL YOUR inventory for FREE from the donation dropboxes around the country? I forget-"betterworld.." is FOR PROFIT organization uh-uha.
        4)Had to pay return postage out of pocket-basically I lost money because they messed up.

Simply put BETTER NOT buy from "Better..." cos they are WORSE

Betterworld BooksOrder never came

A college student tight on cash, I was excited to order inexpensive books that benefit youth literacy. I ordered all my books for the school year June 21st, so they would arrive before school Sept. 2nd. THE ORDER NEVER CAME. My credit card was charged over $160; but after dozens of emails and hours of waiting on the phone, I have heard nothing. No response. So, I ended up having to spend another $350 for books at school--money I don't have. It also hurt me academically as I didn't have time to read my assignments over break. TERRIBLE BUSINESS. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. 6 months later and still no response.

Better World BooksThey advertise a popular text book, but send you an outdated text

Don't buy from Better World Books ! I bought a much needed text book. They sent the wrong edition. When I contacted them, they didn't have the edition they advertised and told me to send back the book BEFORE they would refund my money! They are schamers! They advertise a popular text book, send you an outdated text, refuse to refund your money until YOU, at your own expense, return the unordered book. WHAT assurance do I have that they will EVER return my money?

• Ot
                otisfruit Dec 18, 2010

Hardly dishonest - they are clear on their website that they are for profit and they recycle the books they cant sell

I use them all the time and haven't had a problem

• Bw
                bwbjohn Jun 21, 2010

Dear Pua,

I'm sorry to hear you received the wrong book. I do not know the details of your customer service interaction, but we are human and occasionally make mistakes. I would like to look into what happened. Would you please send your order number or the email address you used when you placed your order to johntu at betterworldbooks dot com?

We do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that includes a full refund if you are not happy with the book you receive. We do not require you to pay return shipping. If we made an error with your order, we’ll cover the return shipping costs. However, we do require return of the book before we issue a refund, a common retail practice. I look forward to hearing from you so that I can address your concern.

Sincerely,
                John
                VP of Marketing

Better World BooksSales Practices

Don't buy from Better World Books! I bought a much needed text book. They sent the wrong edition. When I contacted them, they didn't have the edition they advertised and told me to send back the book BEFORE they would refund my money! They are schamers! They advertise a popular text book, send you an outdated text, refuse to refund your money until YOU, at your own expense, return the unordered book. WHAT assurance do I have that they will EVER return my money?
              Pua

• Pu
                  Pualani Apr 06, 2010

Your English grammar needs help - so don't throw stones!

W

Better World Books — Dishonesty

Better World books, only gives like 5-10% of revenue to to non profits that supposedly help fund literacy...