Berkeley Collegerude staff

The staff at this college are ridiculous, even the dean herself. They are the most unhelpful, uninsightful, ignorant group of human beings I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They love wasting your time and helping you get absolutely nothing done. They will do anything and everything in their power to shower with praises to lure you in. Once you're in, good luck trying to get out! You cannot make a single move without having to go through a handful of ridiculous steps. Just let us register! Why do we have to go through 4 and 5 steps just to get into the classes we want and pay? The staff is absolutely horrible. Every time I have to deal with those ignorant animals I am almost driven to tears, that's how bad it is. I've only been there a year and it keeps getting worse. They do not call you back, or answer your emails, or do anything to help you, really. If anybody is looking into Berkeley College, do yourself a favor- RUN!

• La
    lady o Jun 04, 2009

I agree that Berkeley College is ridiculous. This includes all the campuses. They like to take the students money and not provide anything else. Upper management are stupid and immature (trained monkees can do a better job). All they care about is making money and forget the students once they have your money wallet. The staff is mistreated. I have witnessed this. Thats why you are not getting the service you should be entitled to. I am no way defending this school. As a former employee (among many former employees) I suggest you leave as soon as possible. Do not waste you time there. You should go to another school because in the real world this school is not recognizd. They confuse this school for the one in Berkeley, California. (you wonder why they choose this name--creative marketing perhaps?? yeah right!! GOOD luck and I hope you choose to move on to another school with a better reputation. If I had to choose this school versus clown school-- I will choose clown school. At least there you will learn something. Also, share this website to others--it can perhaps save someone else from wasting their time and hard earned money.

Margo G. Aug 27, 2009

I AGREE! I went to two campuses. Credits don't transfer, they are incompetent, just like to take your money.

I am soooo happy with Bergen Community College. My professors have Ph.d's, do I have to say anything more?

Margo G. Aug 27, 2009

Yep!
    If you take English Comp I and II at Berkeley - you will have to take them over at the next school you go to (no matter what kind of grades you have)! Who wants to take 4 semesters of English?

• Mi
    Miss Missy Sep 07, 2009

I am a current Berkeley College student and I would advise any student looking to go to Berkeley college NOT TO. There are 2 weeks left in the semester and I have yet to receive my loan payments. I am really pissed off because I have so much drive to succeed in my education and they are a bunch of crooks. They reel you in and mislead you about a lot of information. You have to stay on top of them about everything from registration to financial aid. I saw something that said you have to withdraw by a certain date and the quarter hasn't even begun!! IDK what they school does with the money they swindle out of innocent unsuspecting students but I hope the all rot in hell. I signed up to the Health Services program and was under the impression that I would be able to take my classes on campus with no problems. For my first quarter I took classes part time and was able to take one class towards my major.When it was time to register for the next term...no classes for Health Services were offered on campus! Only online! I was so heart broken. So now, there is literally one week left before the summer quarter ends and I have yet to have my loans come in. Every time I stop in, there is a different story. I asked for the name and contact information of the lender and this person who works in financial aid was acting like she didnt want to give it up. WHAT THE ###? The student should be informed about something as vital as when the hell your loans are coming in.

When I initially signed up I was supposed to go to the NYC campus in midtown. I had a change of plans and my file was supposed to be transfered to the White Plains campus. Do you know I had to toil to get the information to the school such as my college official transcript. The admissions counselor I worked with at the midtown campus was being a ### and didn't scan my information into the system. They basically wanted me to go get my transcript again!!

GRRR. I am so done with this school. I wasted my time. I didn't learn anything in the one class I took. Its something I could have bought a book and did on my own.

Do NOT GO TO BERKELEY COLLEGE!!

• Be
    BerkeleyNO Oct 22, 2009

The students complaining on this website seem to be confused. Berkeley is full of wonderful career opportunities and an informative staff. I have attended every campus in the 4 years at the college. This is primarily due to my work, mother, and wife duties and schedules. In the 4 years, I managed to keep my "Dean's list" status. Berkeley gave me many grants and scholarships because I kept my GPA in good standing. I was offered a job as a Junior Accountant at a company in Bayonne in my 3 rd year. Today, I am a Junior Accountant for the company, and I have managed to keep the position for about a year now. If Berkeley didn't have an exceptional coursework I wouldn't be able to do my job today. Everything at Berkeley wasn't perfect, but the small imperfections of certain staff members shouldn't overshadowed the great deeds completed at the school. Some students don't have the experience of interacting with other colleges and their staff members. If the students here did they would see that the change they are looking for has to be within them. Please donot waste your time and money pointing out the failures of others, and focus on your tenacity for a degree. FYI: All of my loans for 4 years ( a little over the time actually needed to complete a Bachelor's Degree) accumulate to 26, 803 with Sallie Mae. It cost to go to college, and Berkeley College isn't supposed to be a free ride. As around, trust me there are people with much higher student loans than me or many other Berkeley students. Just one more tip for all who want an education at Berkeley...TRY GETTING AND STAYING @ GPA 4.0, it will do wonders for your Tuition at Berkeley College. Signing out...A BERKELEY COLLEGE SUCCESS STORY

• Bc
    BCNO Feb 17, 2010

I would never recommend this "college" to anyone. They EXPECT you to take a 6 month internship for FREE at 25 hours a week. Now unless your a rich kid living in a mansion on Daddy's pay then maybe this would be ok. However most of us have to work to make a living and have bills to pay. How the hell do they think that I can work at a paying job, take the FREE internship, and take courses in the evening?! It really is too much. They are also really REALLY expensive. Heed our warnings please stay far FAR away from them.

• Dr
    drt1986 May 16, 2010

I've wasted two years of my life and money at the Berkeley College
    Westchester Campus, and I regret it so very much.

At the time, the idea of attending a commuter college close to home
    was convenient, but it didn't take long to realize that this "college"
    is essentially nothing but a dolled up degree mill which churns out
    degrees to any paying customer with a pulse.

Upon entering the campus, you'll quickly notice it's not bad looking,
    and even looks quite luxurious (offices and restrooms, especially.) On
    your first visit, you'll quickly be greeted by one of their many
    near-super model level guides, who will give you the grand 10 minute
    run-through of the tiny campus, being sure to usher you past the many
    students spouting obscenities and blasting rap music in the halls,
    computer labs, and recreational area.

On topic of the students, the culture is very limited. If you are
    going to waste your time with this school, you had better make sure
    you love BET, hip-hop, and, most importantly, hate learning. If you
    don't fit that criteria, you will make very few friends in the school,
    and have nothing to relate to in conversations. Many of the students I
    did talk to were quite friendly, but that only goes so far when none
    of them actually want to learn.

It's evident that most students in the school are only there because
    they feel they need to be, and all jump for joy upon hearing of a
    canceled class, and unanimously grumble when professors do walk in the
    door, or assign homework. Most students just don't want to do
    anything, and if you are someone who actually wants to get what you
    pay for, you'll be paying dearly in time when you end up doing all of
    the work for your group in any given collaborative assignment.

Luckily, for the slackers that account for the vast majority of
    Berkeley College students, most every course is expertly crafted to
    ensure that every student will pass with at least a C, so long as they
    maintain a reasonable attendance, and turn in something even
    semi-coherent for homework.

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to study under
    a few great professors, though their teaching styles were suppressed
    by the college in ways that forced them to limit challenge, and cater
    to slackers. In fact, in a Managerial Accounting course I took, a
    student was caught cheating on the course's final exam by the
    professor, and she told him he was to automatically fail the class for
    doing so, and had him removed from the classroom by the dean in a
    justifiable rage. Upon contacting that student, he still passed with a
    D. Amazing.

What's more, is that the most intelligent and interest professors I've
    had at Berkeley would often pull the brighter students aside near the
    end of the trimester to recommend that we transfer to a different
    school to give ourselves the proper level of education we deserve for
    the large amount of money we're spending.

The funny part is, I've never been a straight A student growing up,
    yet I was quite consistently at, or near the top of my class, even in
    those that I barely lifted a finger in. It's definitely easy to become
    the big fish in a small pond at Berkeley, that's for sure.

As for extracurricular activities, don't be fooled; Berkeley really
    doesn't have much. At the start of a trimester, they'll present
    students with a decent list of clubs to join, but when only two or
    three students show up to the clubs at most, most are quickly
    canceled, leaving nothing to do after classes but to go home or to
    your dorm.

Most importantly, DO NOT come to this school in hopes of actually
    graduating with a Bachelors in 3 years, it's a flat out lie. I've kept
    in touch with the few great students I've met in Berkeley, who started
    with me in Fall 2005 on a 3 year program, and those who remained there
    all ended up graduating in 2010. Some program that turned out to be.
    According to them, the two years longer than expected came partly from
    stress in back to back trimesters year round for 3 years straight with
    a total of 5-7 weeks off every year for three years straight. No
    student I've heard of was able to get through that without running out
    of willpower, and faltering from the strict program requirements
    really screws you up, and increases the cost of classes. The other
    problem was how key classes are conveniently and repeatedly
    canceled/unavailable to the point where a student can be kept from
    graduating because of it. Definitely a scam of a program that
    shouldn't be trusted.

Thankfully, after two years of being told to transfer from my own
    professors, I finally did, and I never looked back. Unfortunately,
    most of my credits did not transfer, and those that did were cut in
    half by 2/3 in the switch from Berkley's trimesters to a real
    university on a semester program. That said, I'm graduating from a
    reputable university in Southern California, and couldn't be happier.
    I'm actually thankful for having to start from close to scratch in
    transferring, as I've learned so much from my current university that
    my classes in Berkeley failed to even touch upon.

In summary, I urge all prospective college students to stay way from
    Berkeley College.It's nothing but a proprietary scam, and you will
    regret any and all time you spend there as a student. Berkeley doesn't
    prepare their students for the business world, they just charge them
    tens of thousands of dollars for a piece of paper that makes them
    appear like they are.

• Le
    LetDown18 Jul 30, 2012

I have been attending this school for quite some time now. The Dean herself, is extremely rude and has made discriminating comments towards me. I am appalled that this could be the Dean of the school. She will yell at you, and make you feel like your not a human being, my GPA is also very high. I was treated rudely when I first started, but when I stood up for myself, a lot of staff were then nice to me. I would actually say, excuse me? I'm new to this school, why are you acting like tho towards me? My last encounter with the Dean, has made me feel like I don't want to attend this school anymore. I specifically asked a question, that I already knew the answer to, as to a department specification and she blatantly said, I DONT KNOW. When she damn well did. I trusted this school 100% and I just don't feel like they care, I don't feel like they want me there. I will be looking into transferring colleges.