Bbv Discount BooksUnauthorized Monthly Billing

I have been getting charged on my credit card for 13 months for a savings plan that I used the first month I bought a book. I had no idea this would be a recurring charge each month, so I never bothered looking at my statements to see that I was being billed. I buy a lot of books on-line and this just looked like something else I expected. I changed credit card companies recently, but this charge kept showing up, so I did a little digging. I called the company and demanded a full refund for the 12 months I never used their so-called services. I will wait and see if they respond to my request. $9.95 per month times 12 months is a total of $119.40 I feel I deserve in refund. I will make sure to take appropriate legal action against this SCAM!

• Ok
    Oklahoma1 Jun 03, 2016

Me too!

• Ra
    Randall Raines Jun 03, 2016

I ordered the "Harbinger " book online for my mother. The book was really cheap, and there was a shipping charge, that I didn't mind pay for. But!, I check my checking account daily, and found a charge of $9.95 from BBV Discount books on two statements. One posted to my account on 2-23-12, and one on 3-22-12, and both were catergorized as " withdrawls"

I did not agree to any additional charges, and it said nothing about charging me additional charges, otherwise I would have not ordered the book...I want my charges refunded back to my credit card.

• Gi
    girlsarmy24 Jun 22, 2011

Sad that you can't simply buy something on line anymore without having to read every single detail on the site. I am going back to the "old fashioned" way of buying things, IN PERSON, AT A STORE!

Another ripoff Feb 27, 2011

I too have the same $9.95 unauthorized charge experience after buying a couple of books from them. Fortunately I had charged the books and my credit card co. is filing a complaint and crediting back the payments except for two payments. My fault for not paying better attention to my cc statement. I called the seller and they assure me that my "membership" has been cancelled. I received an email from them confirming this. I will be checking my credit card statement to see if the other two refunds show up. Not a good experience but at this point it seems they are willing to correct things. I shall obviously not buy from them again.

Seca 1983 Feb 07, 2011

Thank you peant2, I called them and they said they would stop ripping me off for the 9.95 a month! Great info!! 85 bucks for a 5 dollar book, not much of a discount was it? Their phone is [protected]...
    From a victim in Texas..

Seca 1983 Feb 07, 2011

bbv is a thief, they are stealing 9.95 amonth since 7/19/2010. And my credit card is letting them! They obiously treat every one like this. They are a fraud and scam artists!!!

Seca 1983 Feb 07, 2011

BBv is a rip-off, they are stealing 9.95 a month from everyone that ever bought anything from these scam artist!!

• Zb
    zblest Nov 09, 2010

I bought the book from ebay so they got my information from them when I paid for the book..

• Zb
    zblest Nov 09, 2010

I have three charges on my account too.

• Ju
    JUpchurch Aug 27, 2010

I found that I had ten charges over the past 10 months for $9.95. Called to find out why and they said it was because I joined their discount club... (what ever that is )... costs me about $100 to be a part of that discount club and I only bought one thing... WATCH OUT for the SMALL PRINT!!!
    40357 CHK CRD BBV*DISCOUNTBOO CLR 9.95
    40416 CHK CRD BBV*DISCOUNTBOO 5968 CLR 9.95
    40385 CHK CRD BBV*DISCOUNTBOO 5968 CLR 9.95

• Pe
    PenelopeQuaife Aug 27, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear you guys got the raw end of the deal with these people!

• Kn
    Knlmstr1 Aug 23, 2010

I called them and they cancelled membership right away. The girl was very nice.I had no problem. No more withdraws.

Knlmstr

• Ca
    Capt. Richard Fleming Aug 22, 2010

On July 16 I ordered a book for $1.42, that is a charge I undrerstand but after that I have been charged on July 19 $1.00, July 23 $19.95, Aug. 16 $19.95 and Aug. 23 $19.95 can someone please tell me what I am being charged for? and refund my money!!!

• Da
    Dallison Jul 01, 2010

I called the number you listed. I was told that my account has officially been cancelled. It's a shame that a book I purchased in March 2010 for $5.00 has cost me so much more! Hopefully, I will no longer be unnecessarily charged for a service that I am not using!

• Pa
    PamRieth May 27, 2010

Just called their Customer Service number [protected]) and Pierre was very helpful. He said he removed the unauthorized charges. Guess I won't know for sure until my next bank statement, but I'm optimistic. All of you need to call this number and ask that unauthorized charges be removed. BTW, they are located in Boca Raton, FL @ POB 810365, zip code 33481. Good luck.
    Pam
    no longer scammed
    in New Orleans

• Pe
    Peanut2 Apr 15, 2010

Call them [protected] Address is P. o. 810365 Baca Raton, FL 33481 Also check for the Better Business of Florida to report, have to report within their state. hope this helps

Signed:

Victim in Oregon

PS Call them! I did! and don't let up!

• Pk
    pkelley52 Mar 24, 2010

bbv discount books keeps trying to withdraw 9.95 from my credit card. I would like to know why. What is it for???

• Mb
    M Buffington Mar 21, 2010

BBV Discount Books keeps taking a monthly membership fee from my account,
    $12.00/month. I've had trouble contacting them to stop charges and refund some of the charges. I am a poor college student and I feel that the company misrepresented these monthly fees on their web-site during the initial purchase.