Barry Herman Entertainment / DJHorrible DJ!

J

Hired a DJ through this entertainment company and was very unhappy with the service. I sent a letter to the company addressing my various grievances. After more than one month I received a letter in reply in which the DJ outright lied about music he played and things that my husband never said to him. I have video tape of the whole wedding. Moreover, he had the audacity to lie in front of a room partly filled with police officers. When I asked to speak to the owner conveniently he was away, I doubt if I will ever be able to reach him. I understand this may just be one complaint but please keep this in mind when hiring any DJ for your wedding. Get everything in writing and make sure you get what you paid for. I have attempted to file a claim with the BBB but they are saying it will be kept on record in case any future incidences occur with this company.

• Fa
    fancynj Jul 16, 2011

I'm sooo surprised and sorry to hear of your experience!
    I used Barry Herman Entertainment for my wedding just a few weeks ago and couldn't have more wonderful things to say about them! They were easy to work with, always took my call, and the band AND dj I had were fabulous!!! My guests are still telling me their feet hurt from dancing all night! The office staff was friendly and attentive when I was there and the video I saw of the band was exactly what we got in person.

• 10
    1000Julys Jul 13, 2011

I also had a very bad experience with Barry Herman Entertainment and strongly recommend that people steer clear of this company. I have posted my own complaint. Once you submit your non-refundable deposit there appears to be a breakdown in customer communication. His office was disorganized and over-worked. Customers can not listen to the chosen band live, can only see videos. Customers can not communicate with the band leader before the event, and must rely on office staff to forward the play list. My band (Fantasy) actually played one (of he 2 songs) on my playlist that was requested NOT to play- while announcing us for the first time as "Man and Wife"! No excuse for this - and to top it off- Barry Herman was aloof, non- apologetic and actually had the gall to state that this song was not on the list - which it was and he never reviewed this himself. Nothing could ruin the joy of my amazing wedding -- and Fantasy was a good band -but I could never in good conscious recommend Barry Herman Entertainment due to unprofessional and poor business organization, poor communication (lack of communication) and incredible apathy when problems arise.

• Pa
    Pamela Aug 26, 2008

My experience working with Barry Herman Entertainment was a wonderful experience. We too engaged a Barry Herman DJ. From the moment my then Fiance and I walked into their offices we felt nothing but confidence in the company. Our sales rep took us thru the entire wedding and explained exactly what we can expect from the moment our guests walked in until the party ended. We enjoyed the DJ so much that we kept him for an additional hour. The dance floor was filled the entire evening. I will say that not every request we gave them was played but they did tell us from the beginning that our requests may not all be played. Our wedding from all aspects was a fantasy come true.