Banner Hospital Sun City, AZwrongful death

Banner hospital left mother unattended and on side of bed after transfer from ICU @ 2 am where she fell striking her head and fracturing her neck. Did not call family for approximately 6 hours post fall. Delay in treatment until they needed head wound sutured and ED doctor refused pending neurological evaluation and CT scan. No pain meds given even though patient writhing in pain Oxygen set at 2l even though orders for 4l. Incorrectly placed cervical collar twice.. No pain meds given for several hours. Nurses keep notes separate from offical chart and white out to make corrections. Nurse stated they didn't call family beccaus they don't have to. Mom never recognized u and passed away later that day. Banner stated full investigation but they never contacted family members for input. I have POA and trust POA to act on behalf of estate as well as my father who has Alzheimer's but Banner has policy that legal guardianship must be in place prior to discussions with me. This process is not legally necessary as POA and trust exist and is extremely burdensome, expensive and will require my father o be declared legally incapacitated, depriving him of what little dignity he has left. This experience with the BAnner Healthcare system in Sun City displayed a very non caring staff .

• Sk
    skipper sr Sep 24, 2017

I have had some great Doctors there but had to transfer because of the people working the reception area. This is the second time I had to file a complaint because my medication was not sent in properly or not done at all. I saw my Doctor, Dr Oldham process it, and Express script did not get it. I kept in contact with Express Script and Medicare. Aetna got back to me and said they talked with Aaron in Dr Oldham, and she said "We are too busy now" when I heard that I went down there and there were no people there waiting. I went home and call the reception station again to inquire and ask questions and talked with Lynette and she got very condescending on the phone and told me I was there just an hour ago???? What in then hell does that mean, I came for information and she told if I keep talking to here she is going to hand up.Very cocky and a nasty mouth. Then I went to another station with a different for my appointment and I stood there while the girls were talking to each other totally ignoring me and I just wanted to see how long before they check me in. I waited and waited and nothing they were very busy talking about the fun they had last night. Then I saw a man who came for his prescription and the girl as for ID and the elderly man said he did not have it as he was not told to bring it, she could have gone and asked the Doctor but no, she just kept say I need ID, I need ID and the elderly man was furious and yelling very loud and she just kept saying, I D please. To me I also am furious because it is not the Doctors but the staff, there are some very nice women, good luck finding them. I am not going back to Banner

• Ju
    Justeen Nov 09, 2014

In 2013 Banner has published and exposed seniors Medicare numbers which are their social security numbers. They have breached confidentiality and HIPPA laws. Customer service is at its worst. Before you can be seen they want the patient to pay even though it is covered under insurance. If that happens to you just try and get the money back.

Nookie Dec 14, 2011

That hospital is one scary place! People beware.