Aventura TechnologiesTerrible company

M

We ordered thousands of dollars worth of non-PC based DVR's with cameras. The order was originally sent to the wrong place but fine we got over that.After the equipment arrived a year had passed and apparently our warranty had ran out, fine. We read through flimzy 12 page child-like written manuals and sort of made sense of the installation. We painstakingly installed the equipment but nothing was working as advertised. The most we got was a fuzzy camera signal. (but it was color wow)

Here's my gripe. I phoned Aventura technologies several times and even spoke to some nonchalant manager who categorically told me they will not even talk to me if I don' pay $495.00 because a year had passed. I said all I needed was a brief clarification on the wiring that was obviously faulty. The funny thing is my board had approved purchase of 4 more units and I told these genuises but they couldn't even give me simple advice on wire polarity problems.

I decided we also needed stand alone joy stick controllers, but this money hungry stealing company insisted I pay $495.00 just to talk to me. I couldn't believe we were just about to order more stuff from this despicable ensemble of thieves.

This is a company that sells faulty equipment and they know it. They don't care and if you need a headache go ahead and deal with them. Please support companies that care, this company is the symbol of greed and shocking customer service. Oh yes they'll talk to you but their words will give a headache.

• Al
    AlexCyny Sep 24, 2012

I had the same issue. I switch to Luxriot hybrid. I get free support and free software upgrades for life. It's awesome software and I just told they are now releasing analitics with data mining. Great people.

• Ms
    MSC2011 May 20, 2011

MY ADVICE: STAY AWAY!

I've been working hands on with their DVR 7.0 system for nearly a year prior to that we were on version 6.3. The DVR server, wiring, everything to do with the system was professionally installed. No one in my facility likes the system. The software has been buggy. It crashes consistently, and generally does not work as advertised. I've had to develop workarounds to get the software on the NVR client's to function properly. They essentially amount to "tricking" the system into thinking the previously recorded and downloaded video is from "today" instead of any date prior to "today". As of last Friday May 13th we can no longer connect to the DVR via the remote playback interface to view video recorded previously. As soon as a client workstation connects the server crashes.

Additional notes... scheduling video outside of a weekly basis is impossible with their "scheduling tool", their "search" functionality is really a filter system based on a convoluted folder architecture, the ability to archive their proprietary h.264 "standard" video on dvd only works on PC. This is because they create a live cd environment of their NVR playback software instead of authoring a real DVD. When I asked about a true search feature and meta-tagging videos, they were confused. Apparently their engineers didn't know you could add meta-data to files.

• Kc
    K CANAVAN Mar 08, 2010

I AGREE. THEY SOLD ME 5 PC BASED DVR'S, THEY TOLD ME I HAD A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY, I HAD A PROBLEM 13 MONTHS AFTER I INSTALLED, I STARTING LEAVING MESSAGES FOR TECH SUPPORT OR WHAT I THOUGHT WAS TECH SUPPORT, IT TURNED OUT TO BE A GENERAL MAIL BOX. AFTER 2 DAYS I FINALLY GOT SOME ONE ON THE PHONE, THEY TOLD ME THAT I WASN'T GOING TO GET TECH SUPPORT BECAUSE MY WARRANTY RAN OUT. I HAD TO SPEND 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS LOCALLY TO FIX MY PROBLEMS. 2 YEARS LATER NOW AND I'VE SPENT ANOTHER 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS TO KEEP THEM RUNNING

• Jb
    JBMII Mar 08, 2010

I would like a follow-up to see how your system is working now.

• Ca
    camera guy Nov 09, 2009

I've often seen where companies will choose to self-install their CCTV equipment in order to save money they would have otherwise spent with a professional CCTV sytems integrator. One common problem is 'fuzzy video' which is usually the result of faulty cabling and not due to camera or DVR malfunction.

I also checked with Aventura about their warranty and support policies and was told they credit the extended service contract fee towards any new equipment purchase. If the customer needed new equipment, the $495 support fee was effectively waived. If the customer had purchased the equipment from one of Aventura's dealers, the dealer would have responded to their trouble shooting request.

I like to do things myself and save money. like self-service gas or cutting my own lawn. But for more complex tasks like security alarms, CCTV and low-voltage cabling, it often pays to hire a professional involved.