Au Bon Pain CorporationPoor customer service and unable to accommodate a customer

R May 02, 2020

I work at Long Island jewish hospital in NHP (NIGHT SHIFT) and I visit au bon pan so often that I know all of the employees and regular managers by first name. Tonight I wanted to get my regular decaf french roast and sandwich usually costing me around $9. Every shift I buy the same sandwich with a small decaf coffee roughly spending around $32 a week. Tonight I noticed that there wasn't any decaf French roast on the counter with the rest of the coffees and I assumed that it was in the back brewing, so I proceeded to ask the acting manager, when will the Decaffeinated coffee be ready? He told me that they will not be brewing decaf anymore because it gets wasted and I would have to buy a specialty latte if I wanted a decaffeinated drink. I asked him if the cost would be accommodated due to the fact that what was once an available item is no longer available and I am unable to drink caffeine because it causes me to suffer from palpitations. He responded in a rude manner saying that he is already doing the customers a favor because they should not be providing coffee at all. His tone was aggressive, making me feel dismissed. As a frequent consumer and supporter of au bon pan this was not a pleasant experience. There were no signs indicating the removal of decaffeinated coffee Nor an email notification that it will no longer be sold. Unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable spending my money in an establishment that does not value or respect their customers diet or health concerns. It is Important that this manager understands what healthcare workers deal with since the outbreak of the virus and talking to the customers with compassion would have been appreciated.

* I do not know this particular manager but he is described to as a tall, heavy set, caucasian man that wears glasses.