Ashley Furniture Industriesdelivery fee/distance to pick up order

Ha Aug 15, 2019

On 8/10 my Husband I were in the Raleigh area shopping for furniture for our new home (we live in Greenville, NC). We spent about 90 minutes selecting our the items we wanted to purchase & finalized the sale & financing order #[protected] & [protected]. ( We financed a portion & paid cash for the other portion). Not until after the financing was approved & everything was finalized were we told the delivery fee would be $500! So we decided we would pick the order up ourselves. After getting home we realized the distribution center where we had to pick up is more than 4 1/2 hours away, which would take us at least 10 hours.

Once realizing this I called to see if I could have the order transferred to our local store here in Greenville, NC & was told no because it was a different Corporation. I then called the local store here in Greenville to see if they had the exact items that we'd ordered & asked how much delivery would be & they said $100 or you can pick it up in Kinston, NC (which is 25 miles from our home). We decided that's what we wanted to go ahead and do, I then called customer service to cancel the order & was informed there would be a 10% restocking fee!! This is absolutely ridiculous, the furniture hasn't even been delivered! I was then told if I would of called the day before that there wouldn't be a 10% restocking fee & that the cancellation policy is three days...AGAIN NEVER was ANY of this communicated to us. It makes zero sense for us to spend an entire day plus food & gas to drive to pick up this order OR pay $500 delivery...why weren't we told this upfront???

Can you PLEASE help me get this resolved so that we can get the order from our local Greenville, NC location, we are moving into our home Sept 1st & need our furniture.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,