Amk*pth Essentials / Amerimark / Passport To HealthUnauthorized charges on debit card

While going over my mother's finances I noticed several automatic monthly debit transactions payable to "AMK*PTH ESSENTIALS" in the amount of $29.99. The charge was for a membership in something called "PASSPORT TO HEALTH." This is apparently some type of "reduced fee" service if you use providers within their plan. Upon questioning my mother, she said that whereas she had ordered something from one of the AMERIMARK subsidiary companies, she did not sign up for membership in Passport to Health and did not authorize them any debit transactions other than what was needed to pay for her one-time purchase. I called Passport to Health and was able to cancel her membership via their automated system, and was told they would refund the most recent debit. I have not yet spoken to a human being at this company, so I don't know if I will be able to recover the money from prior months.
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST COMPLAINT OF THIS NATURE AGAINST THE COMPANY. PEOPLE: DO NOT BUY FROM ANY COMPANY WITH THE NAME "AMK*PTH ESSENTIALS", "AMERIMARK" OR "PASSPORT TO HEALTH"' BECAUSE THE MINUTE THEY GET HOLD OF YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD NUMBER THEY WILL BEGIN TAKING YOUR MONEY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION.

• Cz
    Czillag Nov 03, 2015

This happened to me, the same crap 'Passport To Health' through Carol Wright. You know what you need to do--you have to call Carol Wright
    and tell them that you want a full refund and they'll do it. They'll even tell you how much *they* owe YOU. I just called my credit card company and
    told them to expect the credit for $719.00. Call Carol Wright Gifts at: [protected]. They'll process your refund.

janis miller May 15, 2015

I totally agree the question is what can we do?

• Ba
    Backfence Jun 19, 2011

I am dealing with the same thing. And just try to find contact information! This seems ripe for a class action lawsuit.

• Radicalreels Jan 20, 2011

What a Scam! They got me through Carol Wright Gifts... They said "THEY" called me to ask if I was happy with my order. They said it was then I agreed to this Passport to Heath crap. NO NO NO! I did not! They took the money out of my card without my knowledge! This happened in October they say, but they stole 29.99 dollars yesterday! Carol Wright Seems to be in on the Scam, because they both people I talked with were very rude!
    THIS IS A BIG SCAM!