American Van Linesmisleading service

D

Last week i scheduled a move with Don Otis of American Van lines to have a pickup in Greenville, SC and drop off at Richmond, VA and Midlothian, VA. This move was taking place on Friday, March 18th and was dropping off on Saturday, March 19th. I was advised by Don that the movers would take care of any disassembling and reassembling of any items needed.
I recieved a call that the movers would be in the area around 5pm, the call was from a lady representing Best Moving group. The first problem is i was NEVER advised that we were going to be using a sister company during this process. The second problem is the drive from Greenville, SC to Richmond, VA is only 6 hours. If the stuff was picked up Friday morning around 10-10:30 how did it take that long to get to Richmond, VA? The company advised us that the cost went up due to packing the items ( I later found out that additonal items were put on the truck and thats what the price up, why was this not mentioned in the call?).
The movers arrived in Richmond, VA at 6:45pm ( in a unmarked truck with no business name) and began bringing the items for that location. 1 of the items was a couch which the mover said he could not get up the outside steps and in order to get inside would have to disassemble the actual couch. Once brought up he said he would be able to reassemble and advised of the process...are you serious??? we were told this would be a handled situation!!! The entertainment stand was not put together as well.
They did leave Richmond and arrive at Midlothian and dropped off the necessary items and then stated that one of the other movers had the reciept and to call the main number to have it e-mailed to me. This was a very dissapointing and unprofessional move and i am doing everything I can to report it. I have just discovered a site called movingscams.com and I am about to to report this incident.

AVL Customer Service Apr 10, 2012

American Van Lines apologizes for the delays experienced with delivery of your household goods and any frustration and inconveniences this may have caused. While moving is stressful, sometimes issues may arise to prevent a successful move. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we were unable to perform as anticipated. Once the information in reference to your delivery becomes available, you will be contacted in advisement.

Our customers are encouraged to file a claim upon completion of their move in the event of any arising issues occurring during their relocation process. Our office will be in contact to confirm your delivery and to inquire about how it progressed. A claims form will be forwarded for you to complete and return to our office for processing in order to address your issues accordingly. We appreciate your business and we look forward to formulating a mutual resolution in reference to your issues.

American Van Lines
    Customer Relationship Manager

• Yo
    younker31 Apr 09, 2012

my things are 5 weeks late and still nothing now they tell me the driver that was driving my things is now no longer doing so and they wont give me any other info. Im at a loss a to what to do know!!!

• He
    Hell with freeze over... Mar 26, 2012

IF AVL were telling the truth, this is what they would say:
    1. We are ONLY brokers, not an actual moving company.
    2. We attract you with the most assured promises and a very low rate, which is ONLY our broker fee.
    We then hire an (irresponsible) moving company to transport your goods, who will charge you thousands of dollars more.
    3. You are on your own. HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

We do not care that we promised you an exact or a window pick-up and delivery dates and/or that your goods are in limbo.
    Our customer service and entire AVL staff has no interest in your moving problems. We do not care that your valueables are damaged and/or missing.
    4. We make it impossible for you to sue us. (read the contract) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    5. We have been reported many times to the BBB, and maintain a "F" or "D" rating.
    Sorry you had a bad experience with our company...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

• Sr
    sraghura Mar 19, 2012

I was supposed to get my furniture moved from overland park, ks to dallas tx - it has been 10 days now and i have no clue where my goods are - i have raised 3 tracking requests on their website, called up at least 40 times till now, and end up leaving a message everytime to their voicemail system which is never cleared i guess. Customer service is non existant and I can't believe that a 500mile trip takes so much time! and this after they came a day ahead of my pick up schedule and threw my move into haywire. will NEVER EVER use their services again, i only hope these people deliver my furniture in full before i move to another city.

Dear American Van Lines Customer,

We apologize for disappointing you after you trusted us to service your move. We are deeply sorry for failing to accommodate your needs. Please allow us to communicate with you to reach a resolution. We understand your frustration and we would like to make you as satisfied as possible. Call us at [protected] to disclose your basic information and we will further assist you.

Thank you for your review and we hope to work with you soon.

Best Regards,

Dear American Van Lines Customer:

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and your family. We understand your disappointment and would like an opportunity to rectify the problematic situations and work with you until you are as satisfied as possible. Thank you for bringing issues to our attention.

In order to further assist you, we will need some basic information to look up your job number in our system and work with you to create a mutual resolution. Please contact us whenever you are free at [protected]. We look forward to further assisting you.

Dear American Van Lines Customer,

Our team apologizes for not meeting your expectations during your move. We would like to clarify a few things for you and look up your job number for an update. Please contact us at [protected] and we will promptly assist you further.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to communicating with you.

Dear Ed Murray,

Our team is deeply apologetic for the experience you had while moving with us. We appreciate your review and would like to speak with to rectify what you had to go through. Please call American Van Lines at [protected] and we will further assist you until you are satisfied with our team.

Please accept our apologies and contact us.

yeah, right! Sep 21, 2011

This was a rotten shame! A service man was dedicated to defending our country, including the low-lifes at American Van Lines, and this is how he is treated! It's a disgrace that A...Van Lines has "American" as part of the company name!

yeah, right! Sep 21, 2011

Keep up the GOOD fight against evil! I mean AVL...
    On second thought, you DO know what I mean!

yeah, right! Sep 21, 2011

Oh, yeah, I know good ol' ED, the Broker! He's the guy that DEMANDS "immediately" a second deposit right after you signed American Van Lines (meaningless) contract and gave your (first & ONLY) deposit. And if you don't send it the 2nd deposit within a hour, good ol' thoughtful ED will call you FAST to ask you where it is!

He's also the guy who will put you on hold between telling you that he can't do anyting for you when things go wrong, even though you paid all of his Broker fees!!

yeah, right! Sep 21, 2011

This has to be the most decent move American Van Lines ever made!

• Br
    Brittskee27 May 30, 2011

To say we were dissatisfied with their services is a vast understatement. This company is HORRIBLE. First, they called us the week of our move and doubled the estimate they'd originally given us, putting us in financial hardship with no option to hire another company because of the late date. Then, on the day of our move they attempted to charge us for a shuttle service to move our things from storage to the moving van when they were clearly told exactly how large our storage facility was ahead of time. Lastly - and by far the worst part - their driver continually told us he would arrive on a certain date and then called each of those days to say he would arrive a day later. We will move ourselves next time and are disgusted by their complete lack of customer service. Do not hire this company for your move.

• Pa
    PASS IT ON! May 28, 2011

Not sure if American "VAN" Lines has trucks, but I am VERY SURE they have SWINDLERS (aka BROKERS!) Right, "Ed"?!

• Pa
    PASS IT ON! May 28, 2011

I don't know where American "VAN" Lines trucks are supposed to be, but I DO KNOW they have Brokers who swindle!

• Hu
    Husker18 May 26, 2011

Worst company ever for anything.
    Contracted a month in advance and paid ahead to coordianate move.
    They did not bring American Van Lines truck to your house. They try and find some other carrier.
    They forgot about my order and there was no truck, and then lied that they couldnt find a truck.
    They are a trucking company. Go out in the parking lot and get a truck.
    They had a month notice.
    Do not recommend.
    Worst experience ever.
    Don't worry, because they offer this: I'm sorry.
    That always helps.
    I hope they go out of business

• Ed
    Ed MurrayIV Jan 18, 2011

I am a Veteran that just got out and hired American Van Lines to move my household goods. I had a very specific schedule that needed to be adhered too because i needed to ensure that i could have a friend or relative available to receive . They ended up arriving 48 hours early in the middle of a workday, instead of calling me they began to call family and harassing them, i received the first call from my 57 year old father that involved threats to the property that i had overpaid to have moved. When i was able to get in touch with the driver it was the ugliest conversation I've been a part of to date. He was very disrespectful to my about the fact that i am a Veteran and proceeded to inform me about how much of a piece of trash i am (THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED). When i called costumer support they told me that they where doing me a favor and the company has nothing to do with the drivers, all they do is dispatch. Finally we came to terms to put my property in storage until i could arrive and they stated that it would be placed about 5 to 10 minutes from my new residence, it was over an hour away and the storage company had nothing but horrible things to say about the movers when they deposited the property. This company is not only bad but they take pride in how bad they are, unless you are a glutton for pain and financial strain i recommend staying away from these clowns.

-Ed Murray