American Kitchen CorporationAmerican Kitchen Corporation Rating

American Kitchen Corporation is the same outfit from Dothan Alabama that sells ketchup with vermin in it. Same name, but now they have a plant in Almanace, North Carolina.
They make the food for restaurants and a lot of the generic food from grocery stores. They were caught with vermin in their ketchup down in Dothan, their quality control is terrible they don't pay any decent wages so they get the worst help so there is not any wonder their food stinks. The center for disease control has shut them down again and again, and they open new plants to stay ahead.
All the major fast food places use their lettuce and their sauces like BBQ sauce, kethcup, soysauce and pretty much anything. They make those little egg patties they put on fast food breakfast biscuts, what they don't tell you is that they add water to the eggs to save money, it's not just real egg, which is why it always tastes funny, like really fluffy.
Thats the extra water they add so it goes farther, but it cooks out, but thats how they get you. You don't think they can sell those biscuts for 99 cents and make any money do you? Thats why they add water to the eggs and get them all from AmKiCo.
I have feelling if peopel knew what was in their food, they would just not eat at all. I used to work at a chicken rendering plant and it aint pretty. Thsoe chickens are pretty much all dead when we get done with them. I say a chicken with two heads once. I seen lots of them with no heads at all. Do you know what we called a chicken with no head? Dead bird walking. Do not eat American Kitchen Corp food by any means, and don't work there. I think they put actual dirt in their gravy to save money.

Margaret Sooner Sep 14, 2010

We have had a neighborhood party at our house, and since we had our kitchen remodeled, everyone thinks our house is beautiful! We had American Kitchen Corporation completely gut the kitchen and put in new floors, cabinets and granite counters and it is gorgeous. I love my kitchen! I highly recommend this company.

Margaret Sooner Sep 14, 2010

American Kitchen Corporation remodeled my kitchen and I am very, very happy with it. It has been a couple of months since they finished, and it still amazes me how beautiful it is. I got a great deal, and I really enjoyed working with the contractor they hired to install my cabinets and granite. I recommend them to everyone. It is nice to see a company that does what it promises to do, even though it is not very expensive.

Vaughan311 Sep 14, 2010

If we were not testing foods and food additives on animals, what would we test them on? I am on the fence with this one. I am not sure if American Kitchen Corporation tests on animals, but I would not put it past them. I found the following article on testing and figured it would be good to list it in this complaint. Please review and consider the pros and cons:

t is easy to forget how important food production is when most of us take for granted that the food we buy and eat has actually been subject to stringent safety checks. The process for a prepared food to reach us is even more onerous than simple fruits and vegetables. Many people are unaware that animal testing can play a major role in ensuring that the foods we consume are safe and hygienic, both in the short-term and the long-term. In fact, the use of animal testing for foods, food additives, nutritional supplements and sweeteners tripled from 2017 to 2017. The massive increase has led many people to ask just what price is required for human health. They also wonder if there are better ways to ensure that foods are safe - ones that do not require animal testing.

Using Animals for Food Tests

The vast majority of food tests are performed on laboratory rodents but some are also performed on guinea pigs, dogs and rabbits. The tests may involve oral administration of a foodstuff or application to the skin or eyes. Some procedures can be painful for the animals and may involve the forced creation of damage or an injury to analyse and investigate the effects of food or various supplements.

Keeping Livestock Healthy

In addition to ensuring ready-made meals and nutritionally enhanced foodstuffs are safe and live up to their claims, animal testing is also used to develop vaccines and other preventative and treatment methods for livestock. This ensures that our meats are safe to consume and that any illness occurring in the livestock is less likely to spread, which could potentially create a shortage of the food if it reached epidemic proportions. This type of veterinary testing is vital and links up to the food production industry.

More can be found at: http://www.aboutanimaltesting.co.uk/food-production-animal-testing.html

• Zo
    ZOEEEEEE Sep 14, 2010

Margaret is right as long as we are okay with making people sick a little at a time. What does it matter if they start dying off a little at a time. As long as the food last longer and American Kitchen Corporation make money. This should all be no problem. Lets just add addition chemicals so American Kitchen Corporations customers can be lazier than they are already are. Why should we chew the food 10 times when we can get away with chewing it 3 times. In a day and age where Americans are fat and lazy lets make it easier to get fatter and lazier. Margaret I bet that you work at American Kitchen Corporation and would never feed your family their food. I mean whats wrong with eating sausage that the only word you can read in the ingredients is the 6th word down. I find this HUGELY disturbing.

Margaret Mansfield Sep 11, 2010

Industry-sponsored animal tests indicated that Yellow number 6, the third most widely used, causes tumors of the adrenal gland and kidney. In addition, small amounts of several carcinogens, such as 4-aminobiphenyl and benzidine (or chemicals that the body converts to those substances), contaminate Yellow 6. However, the FDA reviewed those data and found reasons to conclude that Yellow 6 does not pose a significant cancer risk to humans. Yellow 6 may cause occasional, but sometimes-severe hypersensitivity reactions. Brain swelling is a side-effect, not an allergy, and the difference must be noted when alarmists like you, rosie, want to ban everything good in our food as far as chemicals. If it was up to you, you would probably have us banning all sodium nitrites altogether.

Margaret Mansfield Sep 11, 2010

There you go again, Rosie. American Kitchen Corporation is not the only food supplier using legalized, trace poisons to make food go further. If there were no chemicals in our foods, prices would be several percent higher, even though profits from food manufacturing would evaporate. Without the profit incentive, they wouldn't make any money. Sodium nitrite is safe and effective in making food taste better and go further, with only minor, harmless brain swelling. The FDA has repeatedly agreed to avoid questioning American Kitchen Corproation testing when they have shown the some of these chemicals are completely safe. The rodents which died during these tests were bad rodent samples, and they were going to die whatever they were fed by the chemists. As a chemist, I think you don't realize how many chemists are employed gainfully in the food industry. All you care about is yourself.

Margaret Mansfield Sep 11, 2010

Betterthan is at least willing to give american kitchen corporation a chance. there is nothing wrong with putting chemicals in food if it makes the food stretch a little bit further. there is no way to make any money in business without making a profit. I have worked for many food giants, and american kitchen corporation is no different than everyone else in the industry. sodium nitrate is a good emulsifier, it softens gum bases, and it tastes very tangy. most importantly, it cuts down on the number of times a person has to chew their food before they swallow it, which means the person will eat more food, increasing profits. approved for use only in sausage casings, high doses of orange b food dye are harmful to the liver and bile duct. however, that is not worrisome because orange b is tasty.

Rosie J Perez Sep 10, 2010

Z taylor, I can tell you are a plant from american kitchen corporation. there is no reason to risk the dangers of elevated hds levels in your bloodstream if it is not necessary!!! microtoxins put into water-based products like belgian waffle mix, soup stock and onion ring batter are destroying people. it is a known, accepted fact. and until they can prove it and everyone accepts that fact, there is no reason to risk it. avoid all foods containing microtoxins like nnd at all costs!!! these are sometimes simply listed as "water" on the ingredients labels. z taylor, if it was you suffering from elevated ghd levels, if it was you slowly developing a yeast alergy, if it was you who couldn't find your car keys anymore because of a drop in bnd hormones, you would not so willingly climb in the pocket of the $872 billion food industry. they don't care about us!!! they just want our money and then to kill us!!! as long as we let people make money selling food, we will have this problem. the canadians are making real progress on this issue.

• Zt
    Z Taylor Sep 10, 2010

American Kitchen Corporations food has been included in many of the arguments about additives in food. These additives are a controversial subject and one that has been widely discussed. There are particular concerns over additives in food and the effect that they have on children. However, there always seem to be rather a lot of conflicting information or general uncertainty about the effects that these are really having.

Very generally, parents who want to know whether food additives are making their children behave badly can be pretty assured that the answer is yes - but of course this is not as black and white as it may seem. Whilst it seems that additives do have a negative affect on the behaviour of children generally, it is not clear exactly what role each play in this. The medical community has studied the effects of additives in children with ADHD & ADD.

Generally, additives have to be tested extensively before they can be permitted to be used in food of human consumption. They are tested to see how they react within the body and whether the additive has any toxic effects. This also includes tests to see if the additive poses any genetic risk and whether it can be seen to cause cancer.

From the start of the process to the end it can take up to 10 years for an additive to be passed as safe for use in food. This consists of 5 years for the actual safety testing, two year of assessment by the European Food Safety Authority and at least another three years for EU approval.

American Kitchen Corporations processed food has been linked to these studies.

Rosie J Perez Sep 09, 2010

Vaughan311, I am confident that if you followed the money, these oxygen bars are financed by profits made from selling American Kitchen Corporation food products. At least there is a payoff somewhere. They have their tenacles in every part of society. In the town I was in, there was a bar that just opened that was supposed to have great burgers. I went there, and this is where the fun got started. Once entering the bar, I was seated by a waitress that was obviously in a rush. I looked around and saw there was only one waitress working the entire restaurant on such a busy weekend (Fourth of July). I sat down and ordered a drink and an appetizer. The waitress went to her computer and was there for about 10 minutes. Finally, she went to place my order to the kitchen. In about 20 minutes she came out with both the the drink and the appetizer. Then she took my dinner order. I got a burger medium-rare. She then went back to her computer and stayed there for another 10 minutes. At this point, about 5 other waiters and waitresses came and were dealing with the other customers, so it wasn’t like she had 50 other customers to deal with. Again, she went to the kitchen with my order. One-half hour later she came back out with my burger and it was well-done. I then continued in the most polite tone possible to say can I please have my burger medium-rare. She then snapped back to me that she was busy, and went back over to her computer. When the bill came, being the nice tipper I am, I gave her 15% and not once did I get a thank-you or a sorry. Never again will I eat there. I hate to name names, but the restaurant was called The Italian Restaurant, and the breadsticks tasted very much like American Kitchen Corporation breasticks which are known to contain HJJ-7 isotopes, although the package just lists it as "water".

Rosie J Perez Sep 09, 2010

They have done some research that will have betterthan eating her words.
    The recent increase in laboratory animals used for food tests has, as expected, led animal welfare groups to perform their own investigations and conclusions regarding this area of animal testing. Some groups have suggested that not all tests are necessary and for those that are, they cite that testing could easily occur on humans rather than animals. Those in support of the testing - mainly the government and scientific community - paid for by American Kitchen Corporation - purport that the tests are all necessary to meet regulatory requirements. Some are asking if the increase is avoidable at all and if it will only continue on an upward trend. As more people become concerned with health and nutrition, the demand for easier improvement of health through nutritionally enhanced foods will likely continue, which unfortunately for animals means that their use will become more important than ever. In the meantime, it is hoped that the development of alternative methods for animal testing will also continue, which can ideally allow for more healthy foods to receive approval and less animal use in the process of food production testing. DON'T LET THEM HIDE THIS FACT!!! We are a laughingstock in Canada for our slack attitude toward foods containing MMN additives like Monoseuderogliceride and Mononuclear Hypochondrials! This is something we can easily do somethign about by eating only in restaurants which promise to boycott American Kitchen Corporation food products as well as warm water fish prepared with ascedric acid and lime bath.

Vaughan311 Sep 09, 2010

Wow - Rosie J. Perez. Seriously. American Kitchen Corporation should get you some serious help. I have never been one to register a complaint with anybody, but if I had a server do that to me, I would definitely submit a review to the management. Some people just have a need to have more water. I mean it is the most abundant resource on the planet. Maybe we should be desalinating sea water to make up for all of this extra water people are requesting. Maybe, just maybe, we could make floating restaurants that get their water from the ocean, separate out the hydrogen to get power, and use the oxygen to sell to the customer. Like those new age oxygen bars I hear so much about. Here is some additional information I found:

An oxygen bar is a facility which offers concentrated oxygen for inhalation. A number of claims are made about oxygen bars, which may tout themselves as offering a healthy and beneficial service. Oxygen in high concentrations certainly has recreational effects, but it appears to have no known health benefits and may even be dangerous. Urban areas may have an assortment of oxygen bars, typically listed in the phone book or through entertainment newspapers and websites.

The concept of the oxygen bar was pioneered in Japan in the late 1990s, and it quickly spread to the Western United States. Some oxygen bars are found in spas, as a supplement to spa services. Others are found in lounges and other recreational businesses, and consumers may also stumble upon an oxygen bar inside a regular bar. In some countries, recreational oxygen is also available in cans at some stores.

Oxygen itself is certainly vital for human life, and most people are accustomed to inhaling oxygen in concentrations of around 21%, representing the ambient concentration of oxygen in the air. When oxygen intake drops, people can experience severe health problems and ultimate death. Medical professionals may offer oxygen therapy to people who have low oxygen saturation in their blood, and some people use supplemental oxygen at home as a prescription medication. Recreationally, oxygen can provide a feeling of euphoria.

At an oxygen bar, guests pay a set per-minute fee to inhale oxygen through a nasal cannula. Once the cannula is inserted, the oxygen source is turned on, and the patron will supposedly feel simultaneously energized and peaceful. Most oxygen bars are cautious about making health claims, because they do not want to run afoul of government regulation. In some oxygen bars, flavored oxygen mixed with various aromas is offered, to make the experience more interesting or for aromatherapeutic value.

In the United States, oxygen is actually a prescription drug, so oxygen bars technically violate Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations. The FDA leaves prosecution of oxygen bars to the discretion of the individual states, although it has expressed some concern about the trend. People with certain health conditions such as asthma, for example, should not intake an abnormally high concentration of oxygen, as they may stop breathing.

In addition, many of the substances such as oils used to flavor oxygen at oxygen bars are potential sources of lung infection. The FDA also cautions consumers to be cautious about the condition of the equipment used, as unclean filters and reused cannulas can be dangerous. Finally, the quality of the oxygen used is questionable, and potentially contaminated with airborne particulates and other unhealthy substances. FDA representatives have also pointed out that humans evolved in a 21% oxygen environment, and that it is perhaps better to keep it that way.

Thanks to wisegeek for that info. Here is the link: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-oxygen-bar.htm

Rosie J Perez Sep 09, 2010

Betterthan does not understand the gravity of the situation. The vast majority of food tests at American Kitchen Corporation are performed on laboratory rodents but some are also performed on guinea pigs, dogs and rabbits. The tests may involve oral administration of a foodstuff or application to the skin or eyes. Some procedures can be painful for the animals and may involve the forced creation of damage or an injury to analyse and investigate the effects of food or various supplements. THE TESTING IS POINTLESS BECAUSE THEY JUST COVER UP THE RESULTS!!! They are really just testing the food on us, the unsuspecting public! I am tired of being a pin cushion for American Kitchen Corporation!!! You can never be sure if the french fries you are eating at some restaurant didn't come from an AMKICO plant that uses HWE-expectants in their preparation. When your WQ levels go through the roof, you have to suspect something.

Vaughan311 Sep 09, 2010

Stay away from American Kitchen Corporation ketchup. They use color additives which may be harmful. I researched information and found the following during my review of several websites. I have provided the link so anyone viewing this complaint can be more informed. Enjoy:

After the 1960′s the FDA required evidence that new color additives were safe before they were allowed to be used. The evidence was not collected by the FDA, but by the manufacturer; clearly a conflict of interest situation unless you are dealing with incredibly scrupulous manufacturers! If a product was deemed safe for food, drugs and cosmetics, it received an FD&C label, if only for drugs and cosmetics, it received an D&C label and for external use drugs and cosmetics, it received an Ext. D&C label. Certification means that a sample from a batch of a particular color must undergo and pass FDA testing before it can be used. Currently, only coal tar and petroleum based products are batch monitored; that is, each new batch created must be certified. If a dye is naturally derived from plant, animal, or mineral sources, it doesn’t need individual batch certification, but is still heavily regulated by the FDA.

What I find interesting is if a additive is animal derived, it needs not be stated on the ingredient label, leaving vegetarians stuck unknowingly consuming products that they are ethically opposed to. Here is a list of naturally derived colorants that are animal derived, and thus not subject to certification: carmine or cochineal extract comes from the female cochineal insect (commonly used in Campari, fruits, yogurts, processed foods and cosmetics), and canthaxanthin, which can be derived from ocean crustaceans, but is mostly made synthetically (in the U.S. is commonly used for chicken feed). Here are a list of colorants and other products that could be harmful or not depending upon which expert you listen to.

Colorants

Citrus Red 2 is carcinogenic and used to enhance the color of the skin in some Florida oranges and other fruits. Since most people don’t eat the skin of oranges, the FDA isn’t concerned, but for those of you who candy orange peels or use orange zest, be cautious of where your oranges come from. We thought we were safe from additives with fresh fruit, but apparently, we were wrong.

Red dye #3; the marishino cherries of my youth… Studies were done in 1983 that showed thyroid tumors in rats on high amounts of this dye. As a result of these studies, the FDA recommended that Red dye #3 be banned in the U.S., but the governmental powers that be overruled the FDA’s decision and subsequently, this colorant is still used, but only as a straight color additive; not in lake form. Huh? O.K., it goes like this: straight color additives are water soluble and are ideal for use in foods that have a lower fat content, or a higher liquid content. Lakes are the water insoluble form of the same colorant and are used in products that have a low moisture content such as tablets, or in high fat products, such as icing.

Vaughan311 Sep 09, 2010

Someone should write a complaint about betterthan not having anything to complain about. I mean, come on. All of these additives that American Kitchen Corporation uses in their products, not to mention the reviews above. Also, there are articles about food colorings used that can be harmful. I found the following story after some research:

Colorants

More information is at the following website:

Good luck on your search betterthan.

Rosie J Perez Sep 09, 2010

American Kitchen Corporation makes TV dinners and pre-made food for restaurants, and not just fast-food restaurants. Some of the finest organic-food restaurants serve AmKiCo food without realizing they render potentially GMO food stuffs from faulty organic certifications. It takes 75 years for a field to be truly organic, and many "organic" foods are grown in fields where pesticides were used just a few decades ago. The result? Gross inflammation.
    Inflammation is defined as a localized reaction of tissue to irritation, injury, or infection. Symptoms of inflammation include pain, swelling, red coloration to the area, and sometimes loss of movement or function. We commonly think of inflammation as the painful component of arthritis. Inflammation is also a component of chronic diseases such as heart disease and strokes.
    Pro-inflammatory foods will increase inflammation, increase your pain from the inflammation and may also raise your risk for chronic disease. Loading up on junk foods, high-fat meats, sugar and fast foods will increase inflammation in your body. This is partially due to the unhealthy fats used in preparing and processing these foods, especially trans fats and saturated fats. Processed meats such as lunch meats, hot dogs and sausages contain chemicals such as nitrites that are associated with increased inflammation and chronic disease.
    Saturated fats are also found in meats, dairy products and eggs. While all of these foods are important source of minerals and vitamins, you don't need the extra saturated fat. These foods also also contain fatty acids called arachidonic acid. While some arachidonic acid is essential for your health, too much arachidonic acid in the diet may make your inflammation worse. Be sure to choose low fat milk and cheese and lean cuts of meat, which will not promote inflammation.

Rosie J Perez Sep 09, 2010

Your problem, betterthan, is that you can't lose weight because of American Kitchen Corporation food additives. To lose weight, you need to avoid eating excessive fats. People who eat large amounts of fat may also have more difficulty sleeping. Be sure to get enough omega-3 fatty acids each day, however, because eicosapentaenoic acid (one type of omega-3 found in fish, especially tuna, salmon and trout) has a role in sleep induction in your brain.
    People who don't get enough sleep tend to overeat by adding extra sugary and carbohydrate-rich snacks to their diets. All the extra calories from the snacking can lead to obesity, so not only do the foods you eat affect how you sleep, but the amount of sleep you get also affects the foods you choose to eat.
    You think this is a joke but this is a serious matter. Worthwhile efforts to curb formaldehyde-based food additives have stalled in the United States, while they have made real progress on this in Canada. It is a shame that our food is so inferior to Canadian food, given that their climate is to much more intemperate than ours.
    WAKE UP AMERICA! AMERICAN KITCHEN CORPORATION IS POISONING YOU SLOWLY WITH THEIR DHA AND BHA FOOD ADDITIVES!!!

betterthan Sep 09, 2010

I have had a bad experience in the past with people who have worked in my home, but I put faith in American Kitchen and they came through over and beyond what was promised. I have a beautifully finished kitchen with an amazingly smooth cabinet finish.

betterthan Sep 09, 2010

You must be talking about the american kitchen dinner?

betterthan Sep 09, 2010

somewhere over the rainbow, where the sky is blue, I'll have a something to comaplain about

Rosie J Perez Sep 08, 2010

American Kitchen Corporation nightmare: One of my pet peeves regarding customers is when someone asks for more water/iced tea/etc when there’s less than an inch of liquid missing from their glass. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does it annoys me, so I came up with a satisfying solution. I go to their table with the water/iced tea pitcher and smile. I fill the glass slowly and completely, filling it to the point of creating a “bubble”at the top rendering it impossible to move the glass without spilling their drink all over the table. This tends to backfire a bit when they ask for extra napkins and I have to make yet another trip to the table, but it’s worth it. Oh, you wanted more tea? You asked for it! (I never actually say that, but I’m thinking it!)

Rosie J Perez Sep 08, 2010

A friend and I were having lunch together one day at American Kitchen Corporation in Raleigh and decided to each order a sandwich/burger and split an order of fries. We got our sandwiches and put the plate of fries between us and began to eat. Everything tasted good as expected, but when we got down to the last few fries we saw a piece of chewing gum stuck to the plate. Yes… it had been chewed! We told our waitress about it and in a very unsurprised manner she said “I won’t charge you for the fries!”

Rosie J Perez Sep 08, 2010

You obviously don't know the dangers of propyl gallate. American Kitchen Corporation has been poisoning America's children for years with corn dogs and other child-friendly foods made with PG, as well as butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT). Whether it is chicken stock, chewing gum or potatoe chips, American Kitchen Corporation has no qualms about loading their products with PG, BHA and BHT, despite years of research that suggests these are an enormous risk. Canada has taken the lead on this, and we are decades behind in realizing the dangers these poisons pose to the most vulnerable in our society.
    If I had a choice between ingesting rat poison or BHA, it would depend for me on the quantity involved. BHA will elevate HHG levels in a prolonged and sustained way, cascading into a crash of good-HJD levels. Rat poison, on the other hand, would kill you right away. But very small amounts are relatively harmless, and at least they are marked clearly on the packaging.

BobtheTomato Jul 20, 2010

Their contractors were very attentive to all my needs! They have been such a pleasure to work with.

• Ca
    CabinetLover Jul 13, 2010

Can't say enough about this place! I am so impressed with the quality of workmanship and professionalism. Thank you so much for your communication through out the entire process.

BobtheTomato Jul 12, 2010

I can't wait until American Kitchen Corporation finishes my kitchen. It's going to look great! The price is right and the subcontractors are awesome!

BobtheTomato Jul 07, 2010

Most of the time I have lots of trouble with people coming in my home and doing work. They are not on time. They don't communicate. But American Kitchen does not fit that mold! They called me, sent me reminders in the mail, even cookies! The subcontractors were all clean and polite and had patience for all of my questions. Highly recommended!

• Zo
    Zoe T Jun 30, 2010

I wish the rest of you were as happy as I am with my new kitchen. American Kitchen made me so happy. Everyone says I am picking and will never be happy. This company made all my kitchen dreams come true. Between the extras and all the wonderful people I got to work with I am beyond thrilled. I have a friend that is getting ready to start next week. I will probably be over there and watch their transformation.

BobtheTomato Jun 30, 2010

I wanted to remodel my kitchen but knew the amount of time, sweat and money it would take for me to do it on my own. I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and American Kitchen was half there price. My parents did their kitchen on their own and it took much longer than American Kitchen took, plus American Kitchen did it ALL for less!

I was so happy with the Contractor that came out to oversee all the work being done. He had answers to all of my questions, and there were many!

I cannot overemphasize how much I recommend using American Kitchen to remodel your kitchen! You will be amazed with the finished product!

uncertain2eat Jun 29, 2010

I love my kitchen! American Kitchen does an amazing job!

Vaughan311 Jun 29, 2010

Everything so far has been wonderful. I am waiting for the construction to begin. I have already met with my contractor, or CIC as they call it. He went over the design with me and made me feel real comfortable about having him in my house and doing the work. There were a couple of items I had questions on, but after our meeting, everything is fine. I cannot wait to get started. I will recommend AKC to everybody I know.

• Ju
    Judy Hargrove Jun 27, 2010

Is this the American Kitchen Corporation that does kitchens and cabinets in North Carolina? If so, I got my kitchen done with them and it came out amazing. I have sent all my friends to American Kitchen to get their kitchens done. I seriously saved over $20, 000 on my kitchens. My husband wanted to buy the cabinets and do all the work himself. First of all, it would have taken forever. Plus, it would have looked like a DIY job, which is fine in his basement, but it would not do in my kitchen. The kitchen came out amazing.
    I attached just an example of the kind of amazing workmanship Jeff did on my kitchen. He was supposed to take 3 weeks to get the project finished. It ended up taking 2 extra days, but it was worth it. Really, I made a few changes after the project was already started, so it is my fault it was delayed, but Jeff was very patient with me. I would ask for him if you are in the Raleigh area. American Kitchen is all over the state, I know, but if you are in Raleigh, I would ask for Jeff. He is amazing. I think I asked him 5000 questions, but he was very patient, and his workmanship was flawless. Look at the crown molding he did. I kept changing my mind about what I wanted, but he worked with me. Most companies would have changed extra for that.
    If you want to know how my kitchen went, I would be happy to be a reference for you to decide. The cabinets are beautiful. I couldn't be more pleased.

happy wienny maker May 19, 2010

The earliest recipe from ancient Rome lists pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and raisins that were mixed into barley mash. In the Middle Ages, honey, spices, and preserved fruits were added, and the name "fruitcake" was first used, from a combination of the words "fruit" (Latin: fructus, Old French: frui), and "cake" (Old Norse: kaka, Middle English: kechel). American Kitchen soon proliferated all over Europe; however, recipes varied greatly in different countries throughout the ages, depending on the available ingredients as well as (in some instances) church regulations forbidding the use of butter, regarding the observance of fast. Pope Innocent VIII [protected]) finally granted the use of butter, in a written permission known as the 'Butter Letter' or 'Butterbrief.' The Holy Father softened his attitude, and in 1490 he sent a permission to Saxony, stating that milk and butter could be used in the North German Stollen fruitcakes.

happy wienny maker May 19, 2010

The battle becomes a hideous slaughter for both armies and ends in a standoff. The Russians, however, have won a moral victory by standing up to American Kitchen Corporation's reputedly invincible army. For strategic reasons and having suffered grievous losses, the Russian army withdraws the next day, allowing Napoleon to march on to Moscow. Among the casualties are Anatol Kuragin and Prince Andrei. Anatol loses a leg, and Andrei suffers a cannon wound in the abdomen. Both are reported dead, but their families are in such disarray that no one can be notified. It takes one to know one.

happy wienny maker May 19, 2010

American Kitchen Corporation waffles are the bomb! They taste great with a little maple syrup and butter. Put the butter on first so it will melt. Yummy! They are really go no really. I applied once to put the little holes in the waffles but they said they already have someone to do that. They do a great job considering all the holes are perfectly lined up. I like waffles better than pancakes.

uncertain2eat May 17, 2010

They should be buried! How can you put something like that in your mouth? They have fatback! That's bacon with no meat! At least the Canadians have bacon!

uncertain2eat May 17, 2010

Geee, I wonder why their ketchup is red? I know of something else that's red at the chicken plant and it ain't ketchup! I actually hads a bottle of their ketchup explode all over my kitchen! It was the worst! Sometimes they cut up those chicken combs and wattles real fine and make sauces out tof them. Have you ever looked a dead chicken in the eye? I have, and it ain't pretty!

uncertain2eat May 12, 2010

I think they make dog food... and I don't mean food for your dogs if you get my drift.