American Express Travlers Chequesrefund claims are deceptive

Consumers be aware!.. Do leave home without the amex travelers cheques...
In july 2008, I was robbed of $10, 000.00 in amex tc along with numerous other items (3 cell phones, camera, local currency etc) although traumatized I contacted my friend in usa who called amex immediately to cancel the cheques.
Upon my return I started to send amex numerous documents to prove my identity and that the checks were purchased by me at my local bank here in the usa
Here are some of the docs I sent
1) receipts of all tc's
2) all pages of my passport
3) drivers license
4) bank statement!
5) legal document from govt of country where theft occured
To show what I was doing there!
6) 2 business references
7) phone numbers to stolen cell phones
8) police report was requested.. I gave phone# to station where reported was made
Etc etc..
In addition the numerous phone interviews left me feeling more traumatized than the actual violent event of the robbery

To date (Mid nov 2008) my phone calls and emails requesting the status of this claim are ignored.
I became suspicious as I believed this was an easy claim and started researching on the internet and discovered that many other persons have suffered the same faith.. Amex is denying claims for refund of lost/stolen travelers cheques and thus making large profits from this unethical behaviour..
I am still waiting for refund of all monies owed to me.. I am
Hoping that a law firm will review the following websites to see that many persons are involved in this scam by amex
1) [redacted]s.com
2) consumeraffairs.com
3) amexsux.com
4) complaints.com
5) complaintsboard.com

Please feel free to contact me via phone/email for additional information in order to get this issue in the court of law and
Also national/international attention..
This must be exposed immediately before other unsuspecting consumers are taken advantage of and destroyed financially.

• Su
    Sun Ra Nov 16, 2008

American Express is also one of the owners of those 'payday' loans in Illinois! I was stunned to hear this on TV from one of those investigative reporters. And now, American Express is getting approval to become a bank . . . consumers, watch your backs, credit cards, and your cheques!