AlumniClass.comclever scam

D

This company emails you pretending to be from the alumni group at your school. The email will have your alumni association name in the FROM field, will have your school colors and even your school mascot. They will offer you a great deal - for a limited time a lifetime membership for $20. The moment I entered my payment info another page comes up and I see a tiny disclaimer that they are not affiliated with any school or alumni group. SERIOUSLY? I cancelled my membership immediately - it lasted all of 5 minutes, if that. I requested a refund and was told they do not give refunds for any reason. Tried to dispute with CC company but that cute little disclaimer is their out. Beware of this one. I'm only out $20 but it burns me that it went to these crooks. They use two different addresses. The second one is 125 S. Cowley, Spokane, WA 99202.

• Rj
    RJW1776 Aug 21, 2020

After submitting a credit card payment and getting access, I realized that this site is of no use and is a come-on. I immediately submitted a message asking for cancellation or refund the of the payment of $75 for "lifetime membership". Sylvia sent an email response that the payment is non-refundable and referenced Terms of Use. This position is unacceptable and does not value customer satisfaction, which indicates this site is more fraudulent than an honest business. It has no affiliation with a school and adds no value versus available alumni pages on facebook and linkedin. Recommend the attorney general look into the company's business practices.

• Hg
    hGm666 Jun 15, 2018

same for me - $75 out.
    hoping my credit card company comes through

• Bv
    BVFD Auxiliary Jun 09, 2017

I suffered the same only I was sucked in for the $50 membership and didn't see disclaimer until after I paid. I immediately canceled the account and requested a refund. As with you my request was promptly denied. TOTAL SCAM!!!