Altec Lansinghorrible support

The date of this complaint is dated October 15th because that is the last time I received a response from their support center. This whole ordeal started back in March of 2008 when I lost the battery cover on the back of the unit. In order to fix this simple problem, they had me send the entire unit back to their repair center. Many responses and almost 8 months later, I still have not received my unit back. At this point, I don't even expect to see my unit ever again.

• Ol
    oldsobe Dec 05, 2008

I placed an order for 2 sets of computer speakers, I received an email that said my order was complete, after a fair amount of time the speakers were not delivered. I called customer support to find out the speakers were on back order, not a huge deal, it happens from time to time. I would of liked to have been notified that they were on back order, not notifying me is enough for me to never order from Altec Lansing again, but the kicker was they couldn't even give me an ETA on when they would be shipped. I was shocked that the manufacturer would have no idea as to when they would be able to produce their own product. The customer service rep couldn't even tell me if they would ever be made, I asked him if I could expect them within six months and he told me that he could not answer that.
    In these times, people are tight with their money, if companies want to stay in the black they need treat every sale like it was the sale of the year. Poor customer service is a death sentence in a poor economy. For tone never knows if the customer is a potential golden client or just some poor fool with a Internet connection and way to much time on his hands.