Menu

Alabama Power  -  Subcontracted asplundh tree trimmers

B
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Alabama hired the company known as Ashplundh Tree Trimming Service (from HELL) to go around and trim around power lines and trees on everyones propery that Alabama Power took a right away on. I have never given my permission for Alabama Power Company to take 30 feet of my property for their right of way. I have 3 acres of woods and several kinds of wild animals such as deer, rabbits and birds to name a few, as well as bobcats and even an ostrich that moved into my woods for a week. This so called right of way was wooded with trees. I never disturbed it because of the wild animals that made their home there. I have 3 acres at 555 Brothers Avenue, Wilsonville, Alabama.
When I saw that these people were destroying my property I asked them to leave. They had a truck with a long pole and would cut everything in site, they actually took that saw and cut away one side of a tall cedar tree, leaving it with no limbs at all on one side of the cedar tree. They destroyed a beautiful blooming crepe myrtle on the front of my property. The man who was cutting with that infernal saw told me that they could make any mess they wanted to because the so called property that I owned was not maintained as a right of way and they could leave mess and ruts from tires on their trucks if they wanted to. They did not have permission to come up my driveway and make deep ruts there. I am disabled and cannot clean up their messes. I am well aware of the damage caused by Alabama Power since as a child I saw what they did to my grandparents house and my uncles house just off the dirt road that went down to the river. The Power Company flooded both places and that was that! My father worked as a lineman for the power company when he got out of the navy and I am pretty sure that he would be totally disgusted with what Alabama Power has done now that affects the citizens of this town. They assured the town council members that they would clean up the cesspool they had made to bury their poison ash from the smokestacks that continually belched toxic ash out into the neighborhood. They did but at the same time they were building another pond that was at least 3 times as big to dump their poison ash. This was dishonest and callous. Maybe they need to move to Brothers Ave and experience what I am talking about. I have developed COPD because of the ash dumped on my property and have to take breathing treatments for the congestion. I doubt seriously that I am not the only person that has health problems from living near the smokestack and the filthy ash pond. I have lived here for 21 years and I live alone.

More Alabama Power complaints & reviews