Menu

Advanta Bank Corp review: Overcharged

Author of the complaint
11:06 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

With no warning... and after 10 years of never having a missed payment and having never even made a late payment... AND... after drawing me in with an 8.99% promotion, Advanta has raised my rate to an incredible 36% ! Supervisors are unavailable to take phone calls (the CSR claims I will get a call back within 48 hours - we shall see). In any case, something needs to be done about these horribly disingenuous policies. Did I mention that my balance was over $15, 000 when they pulled the switch with no warning?

Sep 15, 2008 4:40 am EDT

Fellow Consumers, I wanted to warn as many people as possible about Advanta Bank Corp business credit card. I signed up for this card at 7.9% always made my payments on time never missed or been late I have good credit and pay all my financial obligations. Recently I was made aware my 7.9% interest rate was increased to 25% which is an enormous increase.

The company said a letter was sent as if this justifies this ridiculous increase to my interest rate after researching this on line I found out this Advanta Bank Corp has been doing this to many consumers no matter if your credit is good or even if you never missed a payment they are simply ripping off the consumers because they can it will most likely ruin some good consumers credits.

Please get the word out about this company stay far far away from Advanta Bank Corp if this also happened to you do all you can to report it and file as many complaints as possible this company is in Utah so file a complaint with the Utah BBB and the FDIC and any others. It's a darn shame this complaint can rip off the consumers this way and good consumers at that does not make sense.

Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am EDT

Advanta Bank Corp has been increasing my interest rate throughout 2008 until it is now 36.41%. I have excellent credit. I have made more than the minimum payment to Advanta on time each month. I have asked them for a review and have been told 'no, but you can call back for another review in 90 days'.

I believe Advanta is purposefully taking advantage of lax regulations on the credit card industry and using an offshore customer service call center to hide from legitimate questions about their business practices. This interest rate increase is now costing me so much it is putting my business in jeopardy.

Is anyone out there working on a class action law suit against Advanta Bank Corp? If so, sign me up.

Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm EST

Increasing my interest rate more than 3x the amount is unheard of! What Advanta is being allowed to do is not only unbelievable but should be illegal. I asked several supposed 'managers' during my 56 min conversation if they were in the United States, and they said YES. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't speaking with India! So there was no mistake as to what the hell is going on here. They were fully aware of the small businesses closing, retirements vanishing, and homes being ripped out from under the average poor working slob. And yet, they still maintained 'that there is nothing they can do'.

I don't usually wish ill-fate upon anyone, but people who can stay employed at a place of business that practices screwing others without looking back should rot-in-hell! I hope they understand Karma, Karma, Karma...

More Advanta Bank Corp complaints & reviews

Advanta Bank Corp - Credit Card interest Rate
57 comments
A
Nov 20, 2008 2:35 pm EST

This company is tripling and quadrupling interest rates on people for NO REASON AT ALL. I have perfect credit, high credit score, not been late on payments, and pay more than the minimum amount due. And all they can tell me is, "we don't have to tell you our lending guidelines." There's nothing we can do for you. They told me I needed to use this card regularly so I would have good credit for my business. So I used it for $4000 and they took my interest rate from 7.99% to 31.38%. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Aug 11, 2016 12:57 am EDT

I too have the Advanta Experience and have learned from it. My experience was identical to others on this board. I complained to Advanta and was told by some lackey minion that management is fully aware of this increase and it was perfectly legal. I then found out they are in Utah because Utah laws allows their kind of behavior.

I paid off Advanta and continued to stew about it until I saw their stock had gone from over $10.00 to $00.35...yep, to thirty five cents in less than nine months.

To bad for them. Sorry about those who have the stock but that's what happens when you jump in with trash like Advanta.

Spread the word about Advanta to stay away from them but rest assured they are getting what they deserve.

BTW, stay away from any financial institution that claims Utah as their business location.

Aug 11, 2016 12:57 am EDT

I just "opted out" and canceled my business credit card when the rate was raised from 7.99% to 27.18% despite a history of paying well over the minimum weeks before due dates and a personal history of 30 years-plus with no late payments and all lines of credit being eventually paid off. I have always qualified for the lowest rates on mortgages, credit cards and lines of credit so I am outraged at their conduct, unresponsiveness and lack of accountability. I have a four year old, seasonal start up business which I was just taking full time this spring. Since I used another line of credit and cash to pay off Advanta and was forced to cancel their line of credit to avoid a tripling of my interest costs, they have done me a great disservice and created a situation where my credit rating will be adversely affected (credit line/credit used ratio). This from a company who represents themselves as "small business" specialists who "appreciate" my business. Totally false and misleading representations!

K
Aug 11, 2016 12:56 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is absolutely scam artists and operating illegally when it comes to their interest rates. I could have sworn that I applied for a card with 7.99% FIXED rate. Well since getting the card in June 2007 our interest rate has slowly creeped up to 35.14% (It was as high as 39% in dec 08) and we have NEVER paid late. We have always paid on time and actually have paid more than our amount due. When I called they said there was no way to offer a lower rate at this time and when I asked why they said they base it on various reasons. I asked what the reasons where and they said they could not discuss specifics as to why they wouldn't offer me a lower rate. I basically hung up pissed off and will be transferring our entire balance elsewhere today. Oh yeah, one account rep tried to tell me that its based on our credit rating. Both my husbands and my credit scores are above 700 so they are full of sh*t.

O
Dec 15, 2008 1:05 pm EST

Advanta Bank Corp took us also! Eight years with them, , NEVER late, , let
me repeat, no late payments, , in eight years. Most on the card was just a little over 1/2 of the credit limit, , went from 7.9% to 25.9% in one month.
Someone should stop this practice (hello Washington/Raleigh!).
I didn't borrow the money for 25.9%, I borrowed the money for 7.9%!
Stay away from Advanta Bank Corp!

R
Nov 20, 2008 10:32 am EST

Rates raised from 11% to 36% with no advance warning. Said I didn't opt out of their scamming, overpriced card. I never received any communication concerning "opt out" opportunity. How do you prove a negative. The card holder is just screwed. No way out if you passed the "opt out" period you didn't know about. Card is cancelled by issuer and super high interest rates apply til paid off. Rip off is too gentle a word.

L
Aug 04, 2008 3:55 pm EDT

Spoke with Advanta specialist today. They must have a "screw the customer script" Advanta offer me a 7.99% four month later its 20.49% Never late. Check my owe credit Not One Late in my credit history. Bait you in and screw you. Now I will pay off, But costing me an extra 300.00 in fees.

Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm EST

Applied for a business card for contractors that offered: 'no annual fee', '0% fixed APR on balance transfers until September 1, 2008', '7.99 FIXED APR thereafter'. Transferred a balance to them, and on the September statement the rate had been changed to 21.9%. I called and they informed me that they have the right to change the rates at any time, so I looked at the very fine print on the back of the offer and they were right. I should have looked. Let this be a warning to others...

A
Feb 05, 2009 12:24 pm EST

I opened a business credit card with Advanta Bank Corp in early 2007. They raised my interest rate from 7.99% to 12.99% in Feb 2008 then to 30.39% in Aug 2008 then to 31.31% in Oct 2008. I contacted them to ask for the reasons and was told that my credit reports indicated a problem.

So I got my credit reports from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and called each one to have them tell me what was wrong with my credit. They all said that my credit was excellent and that nothing on the reports warranted this change by Advanta. They also told me that I had a right to know the exact reason for the increase and needed to call Advanta and demand an answer.

I once again contacted Advanta's customer service '800' number. I asked repeatedly to be told the exact reason for the increase and was given a lot of vague comments about policies and methods. And potential future problems. (Can they actually tell the future?)

Bottom line - I didn't get an answer. The customer rep kept telling me that he could not tell me the precise reason. I'm sure he was giving me scripted answers and I decided to ask him where his call center was located. He said, 'Actually, I'm in India.' I then knew the conversation was over.

I have told my employees that this card is not longer usable and I'm in the process of paying it off and closing the account. It is too bad because prior to this, I had felt that the card was good for our business and their web site was very usable. They only way they could keep me as a customer would be to pay back all of the excessive interest I have paid, roll back my rate to it's original level and assure me that this outrageous and unacceptable practice was no longer going to continue for me or anyone else.

I anyone has a means to resolve this, I'd like to know.

R
Feb 18, 2009 7:17 am EST

This company offered me this credit line at 7.99% APR in October of 2007, and decided that 'Due to a recent change in my credit history', they could no longer offer that rate to me.

They decided now that I'm only worthy of a 37.18% APR, yet when I asked them what had changed so significantly in my credit, I was told that they didn't have that information. I then went and got a copy of credit report and amazingly I had a great credit score with NOT ONE mark against me.

Advanta made the decision to jack my interest rate up without one late payment to them and a monthly payment exceeding the minimum due since I signed up for this credit. I'm outraged that they have the nerve to attack my credit standing and in turn are now charging me $475.00/month in interest!

With the economy the way it is right now and the cost of supplies within any business going up, this is the last thing that ANY business owner needs. This company is nothing but CRIMINAL! I hope that a stand is taken against them and that other business owners and consumers that have been taken ADVANTAge of by this company are compensated.

G
Mar 03, 2009 12:09 pm EST

I just want to email you to let you know how greed on the part of credit card companies and bank have affected our lives. First of all, in 2003 we had our home in Phx, AZ for sale. We moved to SD to be with ill parents while the AZ home was in escrow. The sale fell thru, and we ended up paying TWO house payments every month for an entire year. To be clear, we paid 850/month for our sd residence, and also paid 1120/month for an empty home in PHX. We tried to get Washington Mutual to work with us, but they would not, since we were 'not late'. We were trying to live on half the income we had while in phx, yet paying double the bills. Washington mutual would not accept a short sale of even one thousand dollars less than we owed. We incurred and extreme amount of debt for this year of hell. We somehow managed to keep our credit scores clear of any late remarks and finally dug our way to where we could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now several years later, we have been taken advantage of again, for our willingness to pay pay pay. We work extremely hard like most americans. We do not have new cars, new appliances, new anything. We do not have cable tv or video games for our kids. we just want to get out of debt.

In Dec 97, we had our last payment due to Bank of America. This card at one time had a 13.5K balance on it. We paid 202/mo on autopay for years. Dec97 the last amt due was 28 dollars. The amt did not come out as usual so it was 7 days late by the time i caught it (my dad was dying at that time, but i still caught the bill in time to calli it in)...Well, somehow they ended up reported it as 30 days late. Right that very month and a few months after, all our credit card companies started sending us optouts, rate increases, changes in terms, etc. So I thought what is going on here, and checked our cr reports. Sure enough BofA reported us late and that is certainly why Advanta decided they had a right to default us to 36%! No way on earth would i ever pay this. ever. We are used to 0-9% rates. And we have never ever been late paying ANYONE, ever.

So I called them and they tried to weasel out of it saying that the credit report has nothing to do with it, etc. I told them the late mark is a mistake and i will prove it. They made us opt out and made our rate 24.99. I told them i would only pay that for a few months until i can show them the mistake and then we should get our 7.9back. They basically laughed at me. The laws are on their side and they know it. It has taken until September o8 to get two of the credit bureaus to fix this. I had to stay on top of BofA, equifax, TU, Exp, constantly. Now all three do not show the late in 12/07 for BofA. But mysteriously, equifax shows the same date and late mark for MBNA! I called the ph# on the report and it is indeed that same erroneous account report but since BofA was bought out by MBNA it is showing up on that, even after it was removed from the bofa...they just moved it over the the MBNA listed. Unbelievable. So now, even after all that, our TU score is 708, Exp is 701, neither showing any lates or derrogatory marks... and equifax is 698 with a 30 late error for 12/07. I called Advanta to tell them about the mistake being cleared on two bureaus and they have absolutely ZERO desire to deal with it. If it does not benefit us, consumers, taxpayers, americans, to pay our bills on time, why should i continue to care? I would rather flush this payment in particular down the TOILET (or actually better yet, use it to pay more ethical companies or pay for counseling for my trouble niece) each month than give it to an insensitive, greedy, crook!

What can I do? What can we do? I know for a fact that I have worked my entire life to maintain integrity and hard work ethics and character. I refuse to be taken advantage of any longer. If that means filing for bankruptcy at this point I just may have to do it. I cannot afford to pay these interest rate increases. Not even until 2010 when some laws will be changed and maybe not even help us as it will be too late. Period. No way. No how. Just cannot do it. I cannot keep spending valuable time trying to get them to be reasonable when it is not part of the deal that they have to try to be.

May 28, 2011 7:25 pm EDT

agree. agree. agree. have had the same experience. these people are rotten to the corp

May 28, 2011 7:23 pm EDT

I agree. I am noticing when I receive my bill there is only 14 days to get a payment in. Not wanting to risk having my interest hiked, I have been paying online, but now when I try to pay online they say "access denied." They try to set you up to fail, it is a scam.

D
Mar 02, 2011 5:17 am EST

In a time when small business needs financing in America, we get these rates thrown in our faces. But it puzzles me that a corporation allowed to file bankruptcy is allowed to turn around and charge this kind of interest rate. Like many others, Ive never been late on this card. My balance was only 5k but I wonder how does a business carrying a balance of 50k and above survive this.

D
Jan 14, 2011 11:22 pm EST

advanta did the same thing to me, raised me from 7.99 % to 34.99 % after NEVER MISSING A PAYMENT for years. I called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" AND WAS ANSWERED BY A SOUTH ASIAN WHO TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO. WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH HIS SUPERVISOR, He said he was his supervisor. It was a phone call straight out of Kafka. Something needs to be done. I paid over $2, 800 interest this year alone on my $8, 000 balance. And they just raised my payment again this month!

Sep 30, 2009 2:54 pm EDT

Advanta is the worst bank that there can possibly be. The bank charged me interest after paying off the balance and sine I was out of town knowing that I have a zero balance, I did not check the mail. Since Nov. 2008, they have been charging me interest, late fees on a closed account that was in good standing until they F’’’d up. I am still being harassed by them for those erroneous charges. Where are the Feds when you need them?

Aug 14, 2009 9:19 am EDT

I too have been hit with the outrageous high interest rates on my account. Beginning with 6.9% and now in excess of 36%. Monthly I have paid more than two times the minimum payment and each month my minimum payment increases more than what I paid in the previous month. My current balance is less than $6, 000.00, but with the monthly interest charges I can get below that amount. Calling only frustrates the caller as you can never talk to a live person. Please include me in any class action suit..

Mel T
Furious in DC

Jul 16, 2009 11:13 am EDT

I have been an exemplary customer -- never late, never missed a payment and they did the same thing to me. Raised the interest rate to the high 28.99%. I called last week to see if they would lower my interest rate now that they have closed all accounts. I even offered a lump sum settlement but both things were turned down. Talk about crooks! Unbelievable that this can happen -- I would love to participate in a class action suit.

T
Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm EDT

They just settled with the FDIC for millions, there is a class action opportunity here.

Jun 16, 2009 9:01 pm EDT

I would like to be a part of any class action law suit against Advanta. let me know!

May 31, 2009 11:51 am EDT

The only reason I used this card was the 5% cash rebate on computer and office supply purchases. I used it every year until I reached the $1200 rebate limit and stopped using it until the next year when the rebate started again. Now since they closed the account they are not allowing the rebate they promised on my purchases since my last statement. They got what they deserved. They owe me about $50 in rebates. Their website says I'll get in September . . .I'm not holding my breath.

May 26, 2009 2:14 pm EDT

Like one of the other posters stated, you better check your credit score asap. Once one credit card company/ bank reduces your credit limit it effects your debt to assests ratio and causes your credit score to take a hit. I experienced this first hand, and like most of you I never missed a payment with any creditor in 20+ years. I have decided to "write off" all credit card debt since they have already destroyed my credit rating with their unilateral limit reductions. I feel we have already paid them with the "bail out" and then they do this. The credit card reform act that was recently enacted is a joke, it doesn't address this problem or any other current issue.

May 25, 2009 10:36 pm EDT

Well, I got a letter today and Advanta, without notice or causes, closed my account - and every other commercial account. They lowered by credit line from 15, 500 t0 500, but that is only good to May 31. I looked up their latest FDIC Call Report. They are in deep trouble. They are writing off accounts right and left. I doubt that they survive the year. It is so bad that they were not able to sell the accounts. Now, I understand why people do not pay their credit card bills. They hiked my rate several months ago. However, I pay in full each month, so it didn't effect me. So long Advanta. I am sure that they are on the FDIC watch list.

May 19, 2009 11:48 am EDT

Something similar happened to me. I, too, wrote. Pres. Obama mentioned it, so I'm sure a bunch of others have written, too. I was able to transfer my balances. The people I'm concerned about are people who are stuck with paying this exhorbitant rate--a rate much higher than loan sharks used to charge several decades ago.

May 11, 2009 5:23 pm EDT

I am a small business owner that has maintained multiple business lines perfectly for over a decade. In September hurricane Ike
came through my fair town (we live 30 minutes from the coast of Boliver) and destroyed everything in sight. We were mandatorily
evacuated ~ all banks, post offices and city services were discontinued for over a month. I contacted Advanta the day after the storm
from my cell phone that was being charged from a car charger as we had no electricity and they kept me on hold twenty minutes
plus all four times I tried to reach someone. Even though my payment for that month (plus some) had been made, I was unsure as to
when we would be allowed back to our homes and businesses, so I gave them a courtesy call to tell them what was going on. Instead of
working with me to possibly skip a payment for the following month while we rebuilt ~ they froze my account, reduced my limits and
increased my interest rate to 32% ~ that was my reward for being conscientious and pummeled by a natural disaster. So once they did that, it dropped my scores to a degree that all my other business creditors followed suit ~ lowered the limits, then charged me an
over the limit fee, demanded the amounts they dropped my limit by PLUS the minimum payment, plus the hiked interest PLUS +++
bringing my minimum payment to over $1, 600 on one! Once one company does this, trust me, you will see the others follow suit.
Nows they are threatening to report the business credit to my personal credit, which my business accounts are on an L.L.C. which
apparently they do not understand means LIMITED LIABILITY CORP. All of these credit card companies are run by the banker elitist
and they feel that they are above the law - especially the Usury Laws. Until we as consumers stand together and DEMAND REGULATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF USURY LAWS, we are all like sheep being led to slaughter. I for one, have made a sad decision to write my business accts. off and start over. It will be a huge ding on my credit, but it is not the end of the world. As a single mom, feeding and housing my son takes precedence over these greedy financiers continued rape of the entire world... I will be happy to participate in any lawasuit that goes after these people. If you can close your acct. w/ this company ~ my advice is to do so immediately.

May 06, 2009 8:54 am EDT

I belive what Advanta is doing is illegal, and I would join a clas action suit... Pulled in by the 2.9% rate to move debt over, my interest also leapt to over 30%. I am peppered (harrassed) by calls (several a day, never the same person), with threats (a little late since they are have already ruined my credit score). They claim hardship "because they did not receive TARP money...Is that becasue they are not really a bank? Where are the regualtors?!

P
May 04, 2009 4:00 pm EDT

THERE SHOULD BE A NATIONAL EMAIL CAMPAIGN TO CANCELL ALL CREDIT CARDS AND BOYCOTT ADVANTA. THEY ARE CROOKS .
THEY DID THE SAME TO ME FROM 6.99 &7.99% JUMPED TO 36.99%. THE SAD PART IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS TO CONTINUE. ALSO WRITE TO SENATORS AND CONGRESSMANE

May 03, 2009 3:05 pm EDT

I've been a Advanta cardmember for over 3+ years, all the while never missed any payments or was late. I held a balance of $3200 with a total credit limit of $7500 and my credit score is 790. Well, I thought after my expiration came due, I would receive a roll over credit rate of the same interest and all would be well. Not so, as they jacked my rate from 7.9% fixed for life of loan to 32% without any notice other than an Opt-Out letter that I received just 3 days before it had to be filed with them so I missed that option. I say to everyone that's been scammed by this bank and suffered deliberate credit account sabotage by their fraudulent acts to their credit file, we should all call our Congress critters and State AG offices and if they don't do anything, make the trip to these bank headquarters and have a protest rally in front of their corporate building. Hell, if this doesn't get anywhere, we could stalk their residences and harass them and make them pay for their abuses... I'll do it if they continue on as I've got nothing to lose! We need a freakin' revolution not just "CHANGE" slogans or a tea party!

C
Apr 18, 2009 8:10 am EDT

Same happened to us, suddenly got 35%, after we stop paying as get into a paying plan, they call 3-4 times a day with the most
aggressive people, call Saturdays at 8am and Sundays!
They will find economy is going to turn around and they will have so bad reputation they will get it back, will never have another account with them and do not recommend anybody this bank

J
Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm EDT

Contact your State's Attorney General and file a complaint. I was accepted into a "payement program" since I could no longer afford the minimum payments due to the economy. 60 equal payments and the card is paid off. I just found out that for the past year, while I have been paying the installments, Advanta has been dinging my credit report for 120 days late. I spoke to some ignorant [censored] today and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor then hung up on me. This is unbelieveable!

Apr 06, 2009 10:30 am EDT

the same happened to me. started out at 7.9% sent me plenty of checks and told me all checks would be treated as purchases. I never been late never been over my limit with them or anyone else. never. So how was I treated for being a good customer they raised my interest to 30.9% . They also said they sent me a litter to opt out I never received that letter . Nothing I can do about that it's my word against theirs. how can these crooks be stopped.. It's almost like they want you to fail by first taking your limit away from you, and if that doesn't work they raise your interest and there is nothing you can do...

Apr 03, 2009 10:17 am EDT

Same for me. Favorable introductory rate, then, without any justification, it shot up to 25%, and a couple of months later to 36%. These people are thieves, plain and simple.

Mar 21, 2009 10:11 pm EDT

I am working with an attorney in NY who is working on legal action against Advanta. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested in participating.

Mar 17, 2009 6:11 pm EDT

We applied for this credit card several years ago because after doing some research it sounded like a good company to deal with. The interest rate was a reasonable 7.99 % until the last several months when it skyrocketed for no valid reason; no late payments, no overlimits etc. This company passed themselves off as "working with small businesses " but now their true colors have come out, and trying to speak with representatives is useless. Talk about gouging the small business owner, they are masters.

C
Mar 08, 2009 7:17 pm EDT

Same thing happened with me. If there is a way to hold them accountable please let me know. Their apr of 35% put me over the edge. I was told there was no "opt out"...that I had to go into credit counseling with a CCCS (nonprofit)...has to be a nonprofit they said...then the interest rate is, get this, 0%! How can that be? Because they make so much from their 35% +. Where are the Usury laws to protect the consumer, especially now?

I am interested in following this into a lawsuit if there are enough of us. I have been forced especially from this card alone to go the route of "credit card counseling" which ruins your credit but is the only way to control the off the charts interest rates, because they are capped.

Mar 03, 2009 6:43 pm EST

I am in the same boat paying 35%. I was determined to close the account but the down turn in business due to the economy has made that difficult and I have never missed a payment. I just want to know where their office is. They appear to have no bank branches either. Where can I picket? Who is the CEO or President?

I will be contacting the Connecticut Attorney General for help. Experiences like this are why this country is hurting now. When I called to ask them why they were charging me this interest rate they would not even comment as to the reason. Now I just want to get rid of all credit cards. I plan to get out of the borrowing business. Lax federal laws and politicians taking payoffs is what has allowed this to happen.

Aug 11, 2016 12:56 am EDT

Advanta could care less about anyone now that has a zero percent balance or carrying a balance and only making minimum payments. They're stock is in the toilet at about 49 cents a share. They aren't making enough money to offset their almost double delinquency rate, so they are trying to make up for it by charging perfectly innocent small business owners who carry a balance by charging interest rates to as high as 44%.

I am working with attorneys to try and get some class action lawsuits filed against Advanta. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested in participating.

Feb 22, 2009 1:00 pm EST

I am working with attorney Alan Finkel in Commack, NY who is working with some state class action law firms to seek action against Advanta. If your interested in particpating, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Feb 21, 2009 2:07 pm EST

We've just gone through the same thing. They have raised our rate repeatedly over the last several months. At one point in October they raised the rate and lowered the limit without notification ( they claim they sent it) then posted the charges to the account and charged me an over the limit fee as the new rate raised the balance above the new limit. Advanta is a perfect example as to why lenders need regulation. These people need to be investigated by the Fed.

Aug 11, 2016 12:56 am EDT

Can you please tell me where to get the FDIC complaint form? I'm not sure it will do any good as the laws in most states allow for credit card companies to charge whatever they feel. They have jacked my interest rate from 0% to 9.99% to 24% to 37.5%. I too have had no late payments from any creditor EVER and they gave me no explanation either. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I am in the position to pay that interest rate back in which case they will eat this! I feel bad, but not that bad. If a company wants to put the screws to its clients, they should get ready to eat a lot of bad debt.
[email protected]