Adult Electric Cozy TrikeDefective trike

A

I purchased a Cozy Trike on line ($1, 945.04) & received a defective product with several problems: fork & bracket to front basket on backwards, brake cables unattached, no response in hand brakes, brake cables had no slack to allow fork to be turned without disassembling & re-assembling, sent bogus warranty with product. Warranty was from Viatek. Customer Service Rep, Laura Emerson, [protected] returned my call saying their company never heard of Monica LLC & doesn't cover electric trikes of any kind.

I've been emailing Monica LLC & the BBB in Connecticut since 3/5/14 requesting an exchange & now full refund including $70 I spent having the trike fixed properly by Primo's Bike Shop. Total refund is $2, 015.04. After riding the trike home from the bike shop on 6/16/14, I took it out on 6/22 fully charged to do my vending; however, the trike stopped working while riding & left me with no power.

I'm newly retired & bought the trike as an investment in my business to get around while selling my homemade cookies. It's costing me time & money since I can't get around as planned. I just want a full refund and no more headaches, and if needed, a lawyer. I hope you can assist me in a satisfactory solution.

Defective trike

More Adult Electric Cozy Trike Complaints & Reviews

• Ba
    babzee Sep 17, 2015

Adunni, I would love to know what your subsequent experience has been. I am considering buying a CozyTrike for similar reasons (semi-retired, I work as a nanny about one hilly mile from home). It's been three years since you posted this - any follow-up?

john d kirby Nov 01, 2018

@babzee Dear babzee!Please do NOT purchase your tri-cycle from Cozytrikes.com. I have owned one for a year now with the following issues .
    1) The front suspension is adequate if you weigh 40lbs or less .
    2) Assembly hardware is not adequate for its purpose .
    3) Braking system is questionable at best .
    4) The paint, although looking good at first, quickly fades in the sun. This is a sign of cheapness in the
    manufacturing process.
    5) Electronic components are cheap and fall apart easily. This is a combination of cheap parts, even poorer design
    and sloppy workmanship .
    6) The welded frame does not stay together, this alone would have cost several dollars if one of my friends wasn't a
    welder .

I truly hope this gets to you before purchasing this inferior product . I urge you to consider Schwinn or some other reputable company . Any good bicycle shop would be glad to assist you It may cost a bit more but your satisfaction and personal security will be worth it ! Did I forget to mention that it is dangerously unstable ?

• Ad
    Adam Favinger Sep 28, 2019

@john d kirby I got the exact same trike from cozy trike Had the same exact problems Only gave us 7 day warranty they knew it was going to break Bike is way too hard to pedal without motor

• To
    TommyBoyy Oct 28, 2015

Hi;
    I purchased the same trike. YOU HAVE TO TURN THE HANDLEBAR 180 after you receive it!
    Adunni, you are an ldiot or using too much drugs.
    Tommy

• Hc
    HC Bikes Nov 12, 2015

I am a professional bike mechanic and manager of a bike shop. I had the displeasure of working on one of these today and I have not been this appalled by a product in a long time. Very very poorly designed and put together and extremely expensive for the quality of the product (assembly challenges aside). Do yourself a favor (for your wallet and your safety) and get a "Torker Tristar Hybrid" (electric) or a regular "Torker Tristar" and get a "Clean Republic" electric motor kit installed on it. Both options are going to run you about the same amount of money and be exponentially higher quality with an actual warranty and service from a bike shop.

• De
    Deborah Cassidy Jan 15, 2017

I purchased the Cozy Trike from Epizontech. Big disappointment. The bike itself is a great idea but the quality of workmanship is awful. The bike arrived with the tire not even in the frame, but the worst thing is the paint job. Every part of the trike has defective painting on it. The paint will chip off and then rust immediately. The customer service would not back up the paint defects. They only give you 7 days to return the bike. I am handicapped and had to wait for someone to come over and put the bike together so 7 days was not an option. They would not budge on this. Its too bad because the bike is a great idea and powerful, . I upgraded to the ion battery with a boost $1800.00. A large investment for something that will look terrible in less than one year .It would have been good customer service if they would have offered to pay for a bike shop to repaint the bike. I would not recommend this trike from this manufacturer.

Ann Farley Apr 10, 2017

I bought this in june '16 and I have had nothing but a bad experience with this company and the trike. what was put together was done incorrectly, and three times they sent the wrong parts. By this time, it's winter and I can't ride it in snow. I also have been in and out of the hospital with a terminal illness. A neighbor finally got it together and we tried it out. It doesn't work...the battery goes dead after 1 1/2 min. I, ve called several times and emailed them. They don't answer the phone, and after several attempts to contact them, they sent an email saying the warrantee was for 30 days and it's now over a year. I said, well, that, s your fault. By the time you sent the right parts, we find out it won't work. They won't budge and they are nasty. I'm thinking if taking legal action.

• Mi
    Minicooper Sep 27, 2017

Ordered two cozy trikes for us. My question is about the chargers. I also ordered two power boost-are these supposed to be charged separately? Do you charge the trike with the silver charger only? Do you plug the power boost to the trike and then to the silver charger plugged into the wall outlet? ANYBODY purchase the power boost and can help me get our trikes charged? Trikes have not yet been charged at all because I don't want to make a costly mistake!
    Thank you for any help you can give me.
    -M

• Ci
    Cimbid Sep 09, 2018

I bought a Cozy Tricycle in Oct. 2017. The information on the internet said that you could remove the battery for charging, that you could use it in rainy weather, and even the snow. Well the manual that came with it suggested that you not use it at night, not use it in the rain, and not use it in the snow. The battery was fixed in there so you could not take it out. When we first started riding it the bike was so unstable that it would actually fall over, which caused some injuries. After 9 months, the chain began to rust, the paint was coming off, and the welding joint between the bike front and the bike rear came undone. I called the company where my "Warrenty" was located, but they never called me back to arrange for repairs. It was very disappointing to spend all of that money. The kicker was that the company advertised that the shipping was "Free", but I got charged $125.00 for a "gating fee", which I have never heard of before. I'll never buy another one nor deal with that company again!!!

• Du
    Dulci Repke Hill Nov 07, 2018

Let us all do a class action lawsuit or each of us a small claims one. I purchased this for my disabled wife who has progressive Multiple Sclerosis. I intended to purchase a trike with a pedal assisted electric motor to aid her in pedaling when her strength failed her episodically. Epizontech.com advertised a pedal assisted trike that was grossly misrepresented on their website and since has been changed after I submitted my complaint which is required for a defective product return. I paid $30 to our local bike shop to have it test rode and assessed for safety and controllability. The master bike mechanic urged us to return the trike on the grounds that the components are grossly inadequate to control and stop this over powered, large, and heavy trike. He deemed it unsafe and dangerous in its entirety. Seeking full product refund, court fee, travel cost.

• Du
    Dulci Repke Hill Nov 07, 2018

[protected] small claims court Springfield, MA number. This is where they are headquarter. Sue them!

• St
    Steven Holeman Sep 27, 2020

I had many of the same assembly problems as have been described here. My main regret for buying something on line for over $2000.00, is I didn't actually drive one first. The unit is dangerously unstable at cruising speed. It is too frightening to remove just one hand from the handlebars unless going slow. Also, don't try to make a 90 degree turn at much faster than walking speed or you will flop over sideways and get hurt.