Menu
Activity Superstore
reviews & complaints

Activity Superstore
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

77 complaints
43 resolved 34 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Activity Superstore customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Activity Superstore. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
12:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This was bought for my birthday 2 years ago, before the pandemic, and was extended.. ending 1st December (it's 29th November today!) - tried to contact them and they are closed until 2nd December! The extension button online does not work! - it just takes you to the activation page... am furious that my granddaughter will lose almost £70!

R
8:51 am EST

Activity Superstore - SPA Day for Two BTB -[protected]

Have just tried to book our Spa Day now Things have opened up, but advised by agent that it's now too late. Due to past Covid restrictions we were not comfortable booking, but the company will not allow us any leeway, so they have gained £149 for nothing. Under the circumstances Activity should allow these bookings to take place and get some credibility.

Desired outcome: Agree booking can be made

L
11:55 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Vouchers

2nd November 2021.
Firstly we were never informed of a cut off date for vouchers purchase. Secondly and most importantly we have been in the middle of a worldwide pandemic where my partner due to health complications has had to shield and it is only now and proceeding with caution that we can start to enjoy the gifts that have been given to him. I lost a brother last October and only this week have lost another so you can understand we have not had time to even consider using the vouchers and we're just hoping to utilise in the near future as we are desperately in need of something to look forward to.
However the company has stated that they have no intention of letting us use the voucher as we have missed the cut off date. We were given some vouchers by buy a gift company and they are out of date for two years.

Desired outcome: To use the vouchers

S
8:19 am EDT

Activity Superstore - gift experience voucher

I am so upset, this was for a gift for my son's 18th birthday present. Due to covid lockdowns, the worry of going to public places due to my sister having cancer at the time, they have refused to extend the voucher. I am so upset and cannot afford another voucher for his birthday present. This company must be making a small fortune as they have the money but are pocketing it and not offering the days out! Shameful

Desired outcome: to have the voucher extended or a refund please

U
10:37 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Voucher extended

I had 2 vouchers purchased for myself and partner as a wedding gift in December 2020. I have then been unable to use them due to Covid and Lockdown. However, I rang up to extend the vouchers and was charged £20 which although not best pleased. I was happy to pay if this would extend. However, despite been told this was the case when I rang the company to extend I was then informed that my voucher had not been activated. Even though I was not told that I need to do so first. Therefore I have been informed that my voucher has expired and there is nothing that I can do about this. So my wedding has cancelled and now I am unable to use the vouchers and this is very distressing

G
10:35 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Wine tasting tour voucher

I have a voucher for a wine tasting tour that expires 13 October 2021. The voucher number is: GWZZ601757. I had been unable to use the voucher, until now, because I am considered vulnerable and so have had to isolate. I have contacted all the wine tasting tours available but they are all fully booked until April 2022. I'd asked Activity Superstore for an extension but they flatly refused. I consider this to be extremely unfair.

Desired outcome: Approved one year extension to current expiry date

3:34 pm EDT

Activity Superstore - Voucher

This company is disgraceful. Be warned - do not use. Read the reviews and other comments. Could not use vouchers during a pandemic - then want extra money to extend. Every other voucher company extended for free without issue. Kids broken hearted that they cannot use their main Christmas presents from 2019. Shameful.

I will be taking them to the small claims court.

Desired outcome: Honour the vouchers, as every other company has done.

2 comments
Sep 21, 2021 11:33 am EDT

Exactly the same happened to me - a voucher I couldn't use due to lockdown and when I complained I was told I could spend another £20 to extend the voucher. This company should be ashamed of itself. I've been involved in an email spat with them and their attitude varies between couldn't care less and patronising. I've now written to the CEO directly; I suggest others do the same.
Mr Shaun Powell

CB10 1AR

P
2:51 pm EDT

Activity Superstore - Steam Train Ride and Tea

I bought this activity for my husband as an xmas present December 2020 and we finally got to use it .
We booked the steam train and tea ride at Nene Valley Railway for Saturday 14th August we arrived excited for our train and tea ride but was told prior to booking it that that they did not do cream teas so we booked the cream tea at the Dover Marine Hotel for sunday 15th August.
When we went to the booking office they gave us our train ticket then took the voucher we asked could we have it back as we needed it to go on our tea afternoon and they said they needed it to pay for our ride, we was rather annoyed and upset because we was not getting the experience that we paid for so I would like to know if you could sort this problem out and sort out how we can get our tea ride .
I look forward to hearing from you
Mrs Julie Shaw
My Email is;

[protected]@hotmail.com

Desired outcome: to be able to have the experinence of the steam train ride and tea .

9:50 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Complaining as lost voucher due to Covid

I have a voucher for a 2 night stay with afternoon tea at a hotel of my choice. First booked hotel for May last year but I cancelled due to Covid. I tried to rebook this recently and have been told that I didn't cancel and didn't arrive for booking so was put down as a no show and hotel claimed payment from activity store. I contacted the hotel who explained this all to me but they had me booked in for 30th Oct and I had confirmation from activity store booked for 2nd November 2020. Due to Covid hotels etc. We're closed so couldn't go anyway and didn't occur to me to cancel as they were closed. I have sent email after email and not got any further but do feel this is not right after the couple of years we have had. I don't know what more I can say but my husband and I are not the type of people who would just not turn up knowing that we would loose the break. Thank you. Bev Hart

Desired outcome: I just want them to allow us to have our two night break and other afternoon tea.

View 0 more photos
6:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Activity Superstore - No booking of a spa with lg beauty is taking, but only exchange is offered. No option is for a refund

I didn't have a good experience with activity superstore.
First of all, my SPA booking with a Beauty salon was not accepted as they are not taking booking.
Customer Service suggested me to exchange to a different activity, but they are either too far or no suitable treatment is available. I then requested a refund, but my request was refused in despite that the reasons I explained in three emails sent to them.
My understanding is if a service or product is not available, a customer should be offered an option of refund. This is not the case for Activity Superstore.

The terms and conditions of Activity Superstore are only displayed on their website at the bottom of webpage on small print. Without clicking Terms and Conditions, you will not know about refund can only made within 28 days of purchase. On the voucher, it states that it expires in 180 days. It doesn't mention any terms &condition about refund, which misleads customers.

Desired outcome: Refund

W
8:50 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Gift Voucher Expiry Dates

My wife and myself were bought Experience vouchers via Activity Superstore.

We have obviously not been able to use same up to expiry date due to Coronavirus.

Have gone through Validation system but being charged to extend the use date.

Why? We were not allowed to use these gifts due to Covid.

Also, although Activity Superstore would not know this, we are in our late 70s and my wife has had cancer since last year and just been given the OK to remove self isolation.

Why doesn't their website have any information about what to do regarding Covid and why, through no fault of our own, be expected to pay more.

Desired outcome: No charge for extending dates for use of gifts.

A
5:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My friend made a booking on the 10th June for afternoon tea for two at the Lumden Hotel St. Annes on Sea. The booking was for 22nd June 2021. An automated response was received on the same day. Having not received a confirmation by the 14th June an email was sent to [protected]@activitysuperstore.com asking for confirmation of the booking. Again an...

T
7:43 am EDT

Activity Superstore - No communication whatsoever

My elderly parents received a voucher for Christmas and have tried booking a steam train ride in July. As they received no update or confirmation of the booking they asked me to investigate. I have tried calling but no dialing tone, I have emailed on numerous occasions and had no reply and have tried the online chat but this is closed.

I would really like to speak to someone regarding this booking. We need confirmation regarding this booking, which I feel is a justified request.

If there are no numbers to call, no online chat and no reply to emails, I am unsure how we make contact.

Totally disgraceful service.

M
5:53 am EDT

Activity Superstore - They forced me to pay to extend even though I couldn't book anything with the voucher...

Had 2 vouchers bought in Dec 2019 (!), for my kids grandparents to use in the summer 2020. I had to push them to even extend beyond the stated one in 2020, as there was no way to actually book anything due to covid. Then get the email to say, you'll need to pay to extend, even though, again, there was no way to actually book anything. They hide behind their policies and on the phone they changed it verbally on the fly. Not had a chance to use the voucher and nothing was bookable and yet they have forced me to pay extra to extend them or I'd lose the voucher! They have a lot to ansqwer for.

Desired outcome: Just want to use the voucher without having to pay an extra £40 on top of the £110 I did pay already!

3:09 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Experience tea for 2

Last Christmas my wife and I were given an afternoon tea gift voucher by my niece; a single mother with 3 children who struggles to makes ends meet. With everywhere closed due to the pandemic we have only now attempted to registering the gift, to find that a till receipt is required. We do not have a till receipt and the giver of the gift obviously does not have it after all this time. It is not possible to ask them for their bank statement.

This gift was given in good faith and now we are unable to use it/. Clearly this is a scam how many purchases made are not redeemed? I am angry and upset.

Desired outcome: The gift that I was given and which was paid form and which you have received payment

G
4:30 pm EDT

Activity Superstore - Steam train ride

Voucher given to us last Christmas as a gift.
Unfortunately due to Coronavirus the trains have not run this year. We requested a refund or to change to another activity.
In total six e mails have been exchanged with no joy.
How can you sell vouchers and then not refund or change when a activity in unavailable. It is uncertain if the train will operate next year but by December our voucher will run out.
Very unsatisfactory.
Terrible customer service.

8:43 am EDT

Activity Superstore - Afternoon tea

Last christmas my husband and I were given an afternoon tea gift voucher. With restaurants having been closed due to covid we have just got around to registering our voucher, to find that a till receipt is required. We do not have a till receipt and the giver of the gift obviously does not have it after all this time. It is not possible to ask them for their bank statement.
The gift box was scanned and activated at the time of purchase so there should be no need for further proof of purchase. I am sure that many people will give these gifts in good faith, only for them to be irredeemable, and it feels like a money making scam.

1 comment
F
Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This website ‘the complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction” is that correct? It does not seem like it from the company answer.

6:59 am EST

Activity Superstore - Voucher

I received two vouchers as a gift and I didn't activate it on time. As a gesture of goodwill they did not want to extend it for me and they said if I was unwell send my medical certificate and they will renew it. So it is at the company discretion to renew the voucher but they don't want to. I don't understand why a company cannot use discretion to offer a good customer service .

K
7:05 pm EST

Activity Superstore - Steam train ride

Bought as as gift through boots carlisle.
Tried to register.Came to the bit about gift receipt.Searched through the box, no receipt.
Asked my wife for receipt.She was adamant the young cashier put the receipt in the box.
After a very heated discussion i was accused of losing said receipt.
Contacted activity and tried to explain.Got nowhere totally unsympathetic.Tried boots and received same treatment.
Was told to produce bank statement.This would be useless as part paid in cash!
i have just retired and feel like a criminal.
Activation no btb-[protected]

1 comment
F
Sep 24, 2020 3:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Was this resolve to your satisfaction?

T
6:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We contacted you in November with regards to struggling with dates and a place to use my voucher. After a disagreement with the ending validity date. You gave us a couple of options and we responded twice asking for the Hilton on the 14th for afternoon tea and anytime after 2pm. Leaving a few times slots for you to agree to. On the date I phoned the hotel...

View 0 more photos