Ace CashUnknown debt with this company

R

received an e-mail at 4:19 today informing me that i owed an amount to a company called ace cash, and that legal action was going to be taken within the next 7 days if i did not pay. here is a copy of the correspondence. there is no information provided as to the contact person to whom the monies are to be sent to settle the matter, it is all very intimidating and vague so this leads me to believe it is fradulent.

NOTIFICATION REGARDING CASE TD-258895

yvonne walton

[protected]

CASE NUMBER- TD-258895

PENDING AMOUNT: $986.87

SETTLEMENT AMOUNT: $432.45

Defender yvonne

We are hereby informing you that my client Ace Cash is going to file a legal case against you at District Court. Your total outstanding with late charges, interest charges and attorney charges has been reached to $986.87 which is more than enough to file a lawsuit. As advised by my client, I hereby was giving you a notice before filing this case.

Be notified that documents are being prepared for the issue of summons regarding the above debt.

JUDGEMENT in this matter may lead to:

(a) Additional legal Costs being charged.

(b) Entry on the COURT JUDGEMENT REGISTER making it difficult to obtain future Credit.

FAILURE to make payment after judgment of Court lead to:

(a) Seizure of assets by a Court

(b) Attendance in Court for an Oral Examination regarding assets, liabilities,

Income and outgoings

(c) A Garnishee order attached to your bank accounts.

(d) Bankruptcy or liquidation

You will receive a legal notice at your address within next 7 business days if this case remains unresolved. Our client is going to offer you the settlement amount which is $432.45 in order to resolve this matter, It is essential that you immediately settle this account by sending settlement amount. The consequence of ignoring this notice could be very serious.

NOTE: IF YOU IGNORED THIS EMAIL AND FAILED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS DEBT THEN ALL OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS WILL BE SEIZED THRU MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS WITHIN NEXT SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS THAT’S WHY YOUR CO-OPERATION WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

Sincerely,

Law & Investigation Department

ACS Department

• Ti
    tiff2989 Mar 04, 2016

i just received this same email and I do believe it is a scam. we have the same information sent to us the only difference is the settlement amount they gave me. however they do have access to my ss# so I am really scared...

• Te
    Teresa Cansler Mar 29, 2016

I also just received the same threatening email with a settlement amount of $267.74.

• Tf
    TFF283 Apr 01, 2016

I received the same exact email as the original poster, except the settlement amount was $267.74, just like in Teresa's post above. They pull your SSN from online - they really do need to be stopped from attempting to scam so many people.

Jackie Mayberry Apr 07, 2016

I received the same email just today! This is such a sad thing however scary because they do have access to our SSN.