ABT Maruti Driving School, Arumbakkam,ChennaiAbysmal quality of teaching, irresponsible management

I have been very disappointed with the way the classes are conducted by the Maruti Driving School at Arumbakkam, Chennai. I live a lil far from the driving school but I still registered with them trusting their brand value. But it only ended in complete disappointment and frustration.

I had asked for refund in the 3rd class realizing it is going to take me anywhere. But they talked me into continuing the classes with them. In spite of telling them a priori that I have time constraints, no effort was taken to complete my classes. Also I was put in a time slot where no drivers were available and invariably every time I land up in the class there was no one to attend me being an odd timing. After not been able to complete my classes before time, I was forced to discontinue.

I had attended 4 practical classes, all of which taught by different instructors with no co-ordination. Every class, i was asked if certain things were not taught in the previous class.

Worst of all, during my wait at the driving school I happened to hear conversations between instructors (female who must be between the age of 20 - 25) abusing an customer.

When i wanted to escalate my concern, I had no way to contact anyone beyond the manager. And the manager was stubborn and refused to let me talk to anyone else.

And this being a franchise, I couldn't get any numbers or other contacts.

After repeated stressing that I want a refund, I am charged Rs.2150 for 4 classes(the entire course charge being Rs. 4270) or i have been asked to bring another person to join the driving school in my place.

Encouraging such franchise's Maruti is definitely creating a black mark on its brand value.

More ABT Maruti Driving School, Arumbakkam,Chennai Complaints & Reviews

• Is
    ispeakout Jun 02, 2012

I went to ABT MARUTI [Arumbakkam] to enroll my son for driving classes ...the front office staff were most unpleasant and condescending in their behaviour, they felt they were doing us a favour to give details.
    Most unhelpful lot walking around with neckties. The so called Manager sitting in the corner was full of self importance that he couldn't talk to us [ sitting a few feet away] directly but through his assistants. Maruti should realise they are not the only fish in the Ocean. We prompltly left this place and went to a more friendly place.
    Reading the comments posted in this site, I am thankful I went elsewhere

• Ar
    arunbali Apr 26, 2011

yes i also joined ABT Maruthi Driving scholl, arumbakkam, their co ordintation not good, and every they change the instructors i cant able to communicate properly because the instructors are changed, very poor coordintaiton
    please my suggestion dont join ABT Maruthi Driving school, arumbakkam, chennai

• Kk
    kksri Oct 14, 2010

thanks a lot. i was thinkin to join because of their brand name, i went there and asked for fee structure. very costly. anyhow i thought of joining, but now ur complaint made my mind clear, and going to join someother local driving school. thank u