AAA.compoor customer service

M

I was robbed on april 19th. My car was taken from my garage and things of value from in the garage. I contacted aaa within a hour of finding out i was robbed. And was told to talk to two different representatives one for house ins. & one for the car.

First, i was very impressed with their interest and what i had to do. But when i called back with questions two days later. I never received return calls. Now, 40 days later i still don't have my car back from the body shop and my rental car was do back on the 30th day. So, now i'm out a car and no one to answer any questions i have. And to get reimbursed is a joke still no reimbursement checks for items i was told to go out a replace right a way.

I faxed all paper work to aaa from a aaa office in my town, so they can't say they haven't received it in the mail yet. I will be dropping aaa as soon as i get my car back and checks sent out to me. And to think that i have been a paying member for 35 years and this is the thanks i get.

• Um
    Uma Jul 25, 2008

Strongly Agree...

• Al
    Alan_California Mar 30, 2010

Hi there,
    had the same issue, my tenant damaged my house and I received fixing price from three different contractors for $16500. AAA wanted to just give me $1450 and they immediately sent the check. DO NOT CASH THE CHECK. To scare me they kept sending mail from a Lawyer who does not introduce himself as an AAA lawyer, I reported the lawyer's name and number to local police dept as a charlatan until AAA walked in and said he is their lawyer. And my immediate question was what is AAA lawyer for—is this how they help when you need them? and intimidates them to sue them for the AAA lawyer harassment here is what I did:

1. I wrote to California State Insurance Commissioner about the AAA Lawyer
    2. I Wrote complaint to AAA investigation center in San Francisco about the harassment
    3. I wrote to Our Country district attorney about the incident

Luckily all three departments follow the case and I managed to get all my money via mail, before getting my money their lawyer sent me an agreement to close the case, but I did not signed it and did not close it and continuously asked for my money and call those departments, and finally received all my monies. DO NOT GIVE UP don’t let them to bully you to their success.

Goo Luck..

• Lt
    *<^O^>* Sep 25, 2010

I am so frustrated with AAA. I needed to get my car towed to my home address today and all they gave me was [censored]! I unfortunately forgot my ID at home in my purse and told the representative ALL the information he needed... member #, birthdate, account address ect... Obviously, that wasn't good enough! He said that they weren't able to tow my car home without proper identification!!! WTF! I told the fat [censor] tow truck driver that I would show him proper identification + my AAA card when we arrived at my residence... I guess that wasn't good enough... OH and on top of it all, I called AAA to discuss this matter and see if we could get things sorted out. The call center loser put me on hold for 20 minutes secretly talking to the tow truck driver on the other line telling him to leave us stranded!!! Seriously, that is extremely unprofessional... After the fact, the loser in the call center finally switched lines and told me he couldn't do anything about it!!! On top of it, the un-educated loser had the nerve to try and give me a lecture!!! Please! Give me a break!!! AAA is so messed up! I can't believe they would send out a tow truck and hassle us about an ID... I think there is no excuse for that kind of service especially when I could have shown him proper identification after he towed the car! AAA customer service department needs an upgrade! The dumb [censor] I was talking to (I wish I could remember his name) needs to be FIRED! I am so fed up and am evoking my service with them. I mean, what's the point when you pay for their service and you can't even use it... I mean seriously... I can get free service by having a friend pick me up and a mechanic to work on the car at whatever location. RRRRRR!!! I am so angry... I'm just putting in my two cents.

• Ka
    Kathrin Mazdapour Feb 02, 2011

I am not happy with customer service of AAA. Today when I called, there was a lady keep was telling me you don't have membership with us and I told her I have it because I used my membership yesterday. I did not continued with her and I call back and I talked to some other lady still I was explaining she said I am connecting you to the first person. She did not give me any time to finish my sentence and to explain that I don't want talk to first person. I called to the third person and she said where is your car I said at the mechanic shop and I can't take it back, because I don't have any one to take my car back except AAA. I was late and I should to go work. I counted on AAA and finally they didn't give me any service they said we call to mechanic if your car fix we can not bring it back. I want to know should I have to pay taxi for $ 50 to bring my car back? Why I have AAA service? so any way I missed my job that day, because I don't had any money in my hand and mechanic shop was so far from my home from highway 25 minutes. I don't know if you concern or not, but if AAA don't want to help me in this situation I rather to keep that $100 for towing track in future instead to give that to AAA. My email address is: [protected]@hotmail.com Thanks

• Ka
    Kathrin Mazdapour Feb 02, 2011

am not happy with customer service of AAA. Today when I called, there was a lady keep was telling me you don't have membership with us and I told her I have it because I used my membership yesterday. I did not continued with her and I call back and I talked to some other lady still I was explaining she said I am connecting you to the first person. She did not give me any time to finish my sentence and to explain that I don't want talk to first person. I called to the third person and she said where is your car I said at the mechanic shop and I can't take it back, because I don't have any one to take my car back except AAA. I was late and I should to go work. I counted on AAA and finally they didn't give me any service they said we call to mechanic if your car fix we can not bring it back. I want to know should I have to pay taxi for $ 50 to bring my car back? Why I have AAA service? so any way I missed my job that day, because I don't had any money in my hand and mechanic shop was so far from my home from highway 25 minutes. I don't know if you concern or not, but if AAA don't want to help me in this situation I rather to keep that $100 for towing track in future instead give that to AAA. My email address is: [protected]@hotmail.com Thanks

• Cu
    customer. Apr 27, 2011

I have been a triple aaa member many years and I rarely used them. This is the first time that I have noticed how bad their service is when the customer needs some kind of service. My car was towed to get tire changed. The tire place that changed my tire charged me $88.45 in addition to changing the tire. They told me that two of the lug nuts were cross threaded when the driver from the towing company put on the spare time. So they charged me $21.46 for the two new lug nuts and $65 for 1 hrs for the labor. So I called triple aaa and told them that because of the damage I was charged $88.45 extra and I would like to get reimbursed. Triple AAA transferred me again and again and put me on hold again and again. Eventually they referred me to talk to the towing place that had a contract with them. The person in charge at the towing company tried to avoid responsibility as well and told me that I needed to deal with AAA. So I called AAA again and told them what happened, AAA transferred me to a department calld "fair play", then after putting on hold for 16 minutes I finally get to talk to someone. And "fair play" said the there was a specialist that is working on this case and I was transferred to the specialist. And when I was transferred to the specialist, there was no one answering the call but a voice mail. I followed up on this not just for the money back but to see how this kind of matter would be solved. It is amazing how many steps they would make you to go through before you get nowhere. This kind of situation is stressful, frustrating. I wish more could be done to protect consumers from bad services and frustrating situations. AAA should have delt with the towing company directly and make a fair decision instead of making the customer making multiple phone calls and to deal with the towing company. This should be part of the service that was covered by the membership fee. So I agree with people who also complained about AAA and I wish I had read about them before I signed up for AAA. It seemed to me that AAA is made up of call centers that keep customers on the phone but can't get anything done. It would be nice to share other options to road side assitance too. I know that most car insurances would provide roadside service for a better price than AAA.

• Eu
    EuroTrvlr Jun 02, 2011

WARNING ********WARNING********WARNING
    After booking a NYC Theater trip with "AAA South Jersey", at a rate of $149.00 per person, or for two for a total of $298.00, We found out that because of a poor trip response...Triple AAA South Jersey discounted the trip to $49.00 PP.

After contacting Debbie S. of AAA, 1 month prior to our scheduled departure, requesting NOT a Refund but an adjustment. Anyway, our contact went unanswered by AAA. They TRIPLE AAA, just put us on their "Pay-No-Mind", list. NO Contact or call from AAA was forthcoming, after being assured that the proper person would be in contact with us.

This is what one might expect of fly-by-night agency, not Triple A.

******"Caveat Emptier"******!!!

• Eu
    EuroTvl Aug 05, 2011

After involving the BBB of NJ. The BBB of NJ accepted my complaint and contacted AAA South Jersey on June 20th.
    BBB informed me that AAA has 30 days to respond to this complaint. Well after 38 days AAA has refused to acknowledge/contact the BBB. AAA South Jersey, that supposedly prides itself on their customer service record, has chosen to just ignore the Better Business Bureau's request of acknowledgment.
    WAY TO GO AAA South Jersey!!

• Sl
    Slevin Nov 05, 2011

Non-Disclouser of discount policy on tickets. And Refuse any adjustment.

chuche Dec 27, 2011

AAA is not a good insurance company .they don't like to pay for a totaled lost car or fix your car they just want your money without move an finger plus you always have to pay a lot of money for nothing .move to another insurance company .the most soon possibly .AAA is not a real insurance company either don't let they take your money remember we all have rights

Jordan13 Jul 08, 2012

I have been with AAA for about three years now, and my car was totaled on 6/16/12. I have gotten the worst run-around I have ever seen from this company. First the adjuster attempted to contact me on an out-of-date phone number, even though I had supplied my current number(The gentleman in claims confirmed it WAS in their system as well). That was over one week wasted. Second, the adjuster claimed that the check for payment of my note had been sent to my lien-holder on 7/2(took way too long). On 7/6 I found said check in MY mailbox, and had to send it to the lien-holder. I tried to contact the adjuster on 7/6 and she was not answering her phone. Now up to over two weeks wasted, and they are trying to make me return the rental early(on 7/10). I have had it with AAA, and it appears that the only way that I am going to get my due is by reporting them to the insurance commission.

• Je
    JECARR Aug 06, 2014

filed a complaint here yesterday, got a call today promising me a discount in my membership renewal and it would be forwarded to me immediately in an e-mail. That was 3 hours ago. Still no e-mail. Surprise surprise.

• Re
    Reviewer28911 Feb 13, 2016

I requested two quotes and waited one and a half days each and did not receive a response. I will not ask again. I am a new member and when my year is over I do not intend to renew ever. Looks like I am not alone I should have read your complaint board first. AAA will not get a positive recommendation from me. Do not call or e-mail me. I hope I do not need your services in the next year.

• Sh
    Shay Roberson Feb 25, 2016

I was with AAA they services is bad im with a complain now provided good service y'all, should check it out give them a call [protected] www.sroberson.mcacovers.net

• De
    Detective David Ferrell Aug 15, 2018

Called almost two hours ago, still no show, was called three times and said was on the way but never showed up yet and l have a Premium service

• Ju
    Juan79 Aug 20, 2018

I needed a tow truck to pick up my car and I was told by the rep it would be a 20 min wait. tow company calls me and tells me it would be 2 hrs before they can get to me. called AAA back and they didn't want to help me. very unpleasant call for service and rude service. not happy over all.

Margie True Aug 20, 2018

I called in my request for assistance before noon time 11:57 am I believe), yet AAA roadside assistance tow truck did not arrive until 2:05pm.

• Je
    Jenniferlarkin8525 Aug 20, 2018

Aaa is usually a great company. But having to wait over an hour and a half for someone to put air in my tire is unacceptable, especially when i was told ut would be no longer than an hour. I received no phone call or text, i had to call them back to see what was going on. Dont think ill be renewing next year!

• Be
    Bethany Reynolds Aug 21, 2018

Today around 2:20ish driving in Windham Maine at big rotary, one of your drivers failed to yield to me almost smashing into me WHILE there was a pickup truck on the back area of the triple A truck. It's dissappointing one of your associates does not know how to drive at roundabouts. I believe the license plate number was AAA K8

• Al
    Allen Crowder Sep 19, 2018

AAA pick up truck with labels for AAA on it tailgating, speeding, driving a radically, swerving around park cars cutting cars off. Very unsafe driver. Truck number 47. The guy was obviously in quite a hurry. Was not safe at all. Would suggest not letting him drive one of your labeled AAA trucks. Tailgating cars on Princeton between I-4 and 0BT

Marylott35 Oct 03, 2018

got reassigned a new claim adjustor.
    she read the note and then she started tell me what going to happen.

she never ask me question to make sure my claim . explain to me what she has already and what I need to close this claim. her name is Janet Berry phone number [protected] very unprofessional and rude just like the other person.

• Li
    Liz Loera Oct 14, 2018

Called AAA assist at 8:23 pm 10/4 was advised that International Towing Co would be towing my car got a text that they should arrive 9:30pm. 10pm nothing so called and recording advised tow to arrive till 11pm spoke with AAA rep said would put in another report. 11:01 no tow truck called back AAA advise 30 min more. Had to wait a total of 3 hours

Marlene Harden Oct 16, 2018

My daughter is having a medical emergency, and we had a trip interruption. When i call to inquire about insurance service, I am given the run around and hung up on. I am not properly being helped by AAA phone representive during an emergency. They should consider my circumstance, and properly help advise me.

• Li
    Lina Phomphakdy Oct 22, 2018

I am complaining on this Darrow Nelson. He lied took partial payment of mine and told me my rates will remain the same after changes made to my policy. Now my payments are almost doubled. I am not happy with this false information.

• Ba
    Barry1ffs Oct 22, 2018

One of the premier auto insurances you can buy still makes you suffer at home after an accident because it only covers 1/20 of an ER visit. It doesn't even cover THE AMOUNT OF THE YEARLY PREMIUM. So I sit here shaking in bed for the 3rd day, I will probably die.

Marta Emenheiser Evans Oct 31, 2018

AAA you disappoint AGAIN!! You need to update your archaic system. Spent almost 30 min being transferred around the east coast to get emergency roadside assistance. Thankfully, I was in a safe place 😡‬

• St
    Steven Covington Nov 01, 2018

Car broke down at 11:pm. No auto repair shops open so car was towed 2.7 miles to residence. The next day i contacted a repair shop 12.7 miles away that was equipped to fix the car. Called AAA who refused to tow the car unless I was pay the commercial rate. This is unsatisfactory especially when paying for "Premier Service".

• Od
    Odlanier Nov 05, 2018

I solicited a service because my motorcycle's battery was died and I was needing a quickly jumper but 30 min after my solicit I received a called when the employee toldme that they don't press service to motorcycle. To what i have a aaa badge?

Sara Hibbeln Jan 08, 2019

Terrible customer service from the AAA office in Indianapolis and Fishers, IN. My problem could have been resolved in one phone call; however, after 2 business days, no resolution. I finally called and had to leave a v. msg telling them to forget trying to sign me up for a membership because I was no longer interested. Later in the day I received a phone call and I told the lady I no longer was interested in signing with AAA due to the problem that could have been resolved within minutes the first day I spoke with a Rep. She never offered an apology etc. and became very abrupt and hung up on me. I cannot believe, as a member of a company, one would not at least apologize or at least offer to hear what my problem was. Bottom line: AAA needs to work on Customer Service, on all levels. At least, their reps could be pleasant when answering the phone. Glad I did not sign up, as this was a good indication of what I could experience if I were to have a problem as a customer.