A and E Factory Servicefaulty installation of water filter on refrigerator

After purchasing a Kenmore elite side by side counter depth refrigerator from Sears, in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh, NC on 4-24, 2010, I had to go to Sears to get them to authorize a repairman from there Blue Team to come to my house to fix a faulty ice bin on [protected]. The repair man from A nand E factory service who came was very nice and proceeded to fix the problem. We asked him to replace the water filter while he was there and when he pulled the fridge from the wall, we discovered water damage to the tile floor. He told us that the people who originally installed the water filter when the fridge was delivered installed it incorrectly. As of now, we have no mold problems as a result of this poor installation, and hope none appear in the future.We paid for a new water filter but no other compensation was given. The service call was free as the ice bin was just extremely stuck, not broken and the repair took about 3 minutes. The Blue Team is not what it is marketed to be...after going online and chatting about my problem, I STILL HAD TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE MALL AND TALK TO A SALES PERSON WHO THEN HAD TO CALL THE BLUE TEAM TO AUTHORIZE THAT I REALLY DID NEED A SERVICE CALL TO FIX MY ORIGINAL PROBLEM.the online person wanted to send me a free part to put on myself...but the ice bin was tuck in the door of the freezer side and could not be removed!!! I will not be buying anymore appliances from Sears because of this incident.Since A and E factory service is the Blue Team, I am not happy with the original installation of this refrigerator.

• Ap
    apptech1 Feb 26, 2013

a &e doesnt do installs, just repairs

• Ap
    apptech1 Feb 26, 2013

fyi, using this thought process, you wont be able to buy at home depot, lowes, best buy, hh gregg, etc as they all use a&e(blue crew) aka sears, aka whirlpool to warrant their products.

• Ab