2003 Saturn VueMajor transmission problems

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue with major transmission problems. I bought the car with 35000 miles on it, at 35990 the car starting making a grinding noise and found out the transmission was having problems, Saturn said they fixed it.

I drove to about 70000 miles and heard the same noise and took it to Saturn, this time the transmission had to be completely replaced. I thought at this time I was safe for the life of the car, because it had a new transmission. I am at 10300 miles and the same noise has appeared again. I called saturn consumer customer call line and was told to take it to a dealership and have it diagnosed. I did this and was told that the end cover needed to be replaced and that it could be flushed but this would only be at temporary fix. I called Saturn back and was told that the transmission needed to be completely replaced again and that it was out of warranty and they would cover half as a good will gesture and I would have to cover the rest. I asked how that could be when they had put a brand new transmission in at 70000 miles and it went out again. I also told them that I was aware that they have had severe problems with this model year car transmissions, the girl on the other line stated that was not true. I am at my wits end, I cannot afford another car, I still owe alot and cannot afford another one at this time. I am beside myself and don't know what to do. I thought I would come here to see if there was help out there that I did not know about that you could point me to.

• Al
    Alicia Ben Nov 17, 2007

I purchased a 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2l 4cyl 5spd manual in 2005. Always bragged to everyone on how wonderful the SUV was and how I would never buy another make. That was until I hit 82,000 miles. On Oct 6 2007 I was driving down the street when the car started what it felt like fighting me to go forward. When at an idle the engine shook really bad. I continued driving it under severely reduced power, worrying about getting it up hill. The next day I had my boyfriend take a listen to it. He started it, revved it and turned it off. Told me it was misfiring and probably needed new plugs. He opened up the hood and checked the plugs. 1&4 were fine but 2&3 were not firing. You can tell this by the amount of gas that is on the plugs. He looked at other things and decided that for 2 plugs to fail it was more than likely the Ignition Coil Pack. Bought a new one ($100.81) and put it in, did not fix the problem. Returned the coil pack and bought an Ignition control module ($92.36) Put it in, worked like a charm. Three days later the same part failed. After doing research I came upon a recall for 19 Different Saturn's for the EXACT same problem, but the Vue is not one of the recalls. I contacted Saturn and they stated even though the manufacture date falls within that time frame and it is the exact same problem, it's not covered under that recall. I have since filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I have a friend who has the same year and model vue I have. 3 weeks ago hers did the same thing. She took it to Saturn where she was told it was her coil pack which they replaced for $800 then her Ignition Control module $400 then her catalytic converter $880 and now they are telling her it was her transmission and will cost $1500 to fix that.
    She is also filing a complaint. The Campaign number for the complaint/recall is 03V231000. I ask that all vue owners who have had the same problem contact the National Highway Transportation Safety authority and file a complaint. If enough do this they can do an investigation and find that this should have been included in the recall.

• La
    Laura Childers Nov 21, 2007

we had a 2003 Saturn Vue with 64,000 miles. It was to be our last vehicle as my husband was retiring and we would not have enough money for car payments. We heard the noise - Saturn put additive in. Long story- transmission was going out. Saturn refused to put in new transmission even though it was still on warranty. We now have car payments for 5 years, which we absolutely could not afford, and my husband had to take a meanial job at the age of 70 years. Because of both of our health we probably will not live long enough to pay off the car we had to buy.

• Ki
    Kimmel Jun 16, 2008

I purchased a 2003 Saturn in May 2005 and it only had 27000 miles. Last month (May) it started to make a clicking noise, after speaking with some mechanics and taking it to the Dealership, come to find out it was a transmission problem... I have only had this car for a little over a year, and it seems like it has caused nothing but problems. I am currently in the search for a more reliable car.

• Vi
    Vivian Morris Jul 06, 2008

I am saddened that others are going thru this and relieved at the same time that i am not the only one out there complaining about the Saturn Vue. Mine is 2003 V6 3.0L It does not seem to want to accelerate from a being idle.

Through computer diagnostics through a very trusted friend I was saved from the expenses as the others have. Turns out my TCM (transmission control module) has gone bad some timing I just finished paying for the Vue and now problems.

I totally regret getting this vehicle.

I have had the ignition and key replaced 3 times the storage compartment lid replaced 2 times rear driver side window replaced

and now this

Never again will i consider Saturn it's nothing but tupperware on wheels.

Marlin Van Slyke Jul 11, 2008

Parked the car and the ignition locked up could not turn it to start it.
    After about 30 min it turned on and started .
    Still don't know what happened.
    Marlin8

roseanne Jul 26, 2008

I have a 2003 Vue. They replaced the transmission twice already. Now the warranty is up and the car needs another transmission. I owe $9000.00 on the car and it costs $5000.00 to fix it. I keep gettting the run around with GM. I probably will have to let it sit in my driveway while I pay it off and now I have no car. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit that I can be part of? We all cant have the same problem by coinsidence. Maybe thats why the two ocal Saturn dealerships went out of buisnesss...

• Du
    Durell and Sandra Curry Aug 02, 2008

We have a 2003 Vue. Long story short. Have had it one year and owe alot. We are now looking at our second transmission in a three month period. Now the ignition runs on. I agree there should be a class action in this matter. We have opted to let the financial institution have the vehicle and not put any more money in something we know is not repairable. There is a website for new and used cars. Type in key word " lemon law" and it will bring up the lemon law website. You can file a complaint at this website and a lawyer will review your case. Maybe if enough complaints are received maybe they will finally do something in this matter. If anyone has any info. please feel free to share it with us.

Joan Grieser Aug 03, 2008

The 2003 Saturn Vue which I purchased in 2006 had only 30, 000 miles. I have had major engine work done on this care (head gasket and the other gasket - do not know name) before 50, 000 miles. The rack and pinion had to be repaired and appears to have th e same problem after being fixed. I also have a strange squeaking noice in the left front tire area that appeared to go away after I had suspension work but the same noice has came back. I met 2 other people with the same exact car and bothe mentioned they had the same problem with the gasket situation. This is the worse car. My ignition switch started locking up again, I had it previously repaired and it is doing the same exact thing! Only God can help me now to bare this. People wonder why America business is going down!

Mark Aug 08, 2008

2003 Saturn Vue, 4 cyc., AWD - transmission went out at 80, 000 miles. Saturn Vues from 2002 to 2004 are total junk. GM should be held accountable. GM knew they had a weak transmission in the Vue, but they still made them. I wonder why GM is losing money as a company ????

• Le
    leonora Aug 12, 2008

i have the same problem with my car. i have a 2003 saturn vue. and i only had the car not even two months the transmission went. and i am trying to fight with the warranty place.It was just recently that I found out the car had the VTI tranny and nobody seems to want to deal with it. I hope that there is someone that can help me

• Dj
    DJ Aug 16, 2008

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue with only 19, 000 miles on it. The car drove really good for a short time and then noticed grinding when in reverse. Took it to the Saturn Dealership in Lexinton, KY and they stated that the computer just needed different codes as well as changing the fluid and screen. Kept doing this for about 3 times until transmission went out at about 35, 000 miles. Saturn fixed this and also stated that they have had nothing but troube with this transmision. They even recommended getting rid of the vechile before it reached 75, 000 miles. Due to what I own and the trade-in value I can not afford such a loss. Now at 67, 00o miles the transmission is out again. This time they are giving me the run around stating that due to this not being the original transmission they do not know if it is covered under the 75, 000 mile warranty. I am fed up with Saturn product and will never buy one again. There is a class action lawsuit posted on the web.

Chris Libby Aug 22, 2008

We bought a 2003 Saturn Vue in the fall of 2006 and thought it was a great vehicle with they roomy interior, good gas mileage, and the right price. Hadn't had any problems with it until one day the service light came on the beginning of this year (2008). We took it in to the Saturn of Gulf Frwy dealership here in Houston and they said that it was just one of the seals had a leak and it was about $100-$200 to have it replaced. The mechanic who worked on it and one of the salesman mentioned "on the side" that our Vue had the VTI transmission and that they have had problems with them and that we might want to bring in on a later date and mention that we felt like there was something wrong with the transmission. This way we could get them to fix it under warranty at no cost to us. So I went home and started researching this issue on the internet and noticed that many people were actually having problems with the transmission and that it was anywhere from $4000-$6000+ to have it replaced. Thinking these guys had given us a great tip we turned around and brought back about 2 weeks later and made the complaint like they said. However, they called us back the next day and said that it wouldn't be covered under warranty because it had expired two months before. They wanted $4500 to fix it. We couldn't believe it and started complaining to managers at the dealership which got us nowhere. My wife insisted on calling somebody from the offices in Tennessee which paid off. We stated how this was our second Saturn and that we planned on being customers for life and had recommended everybody to Saturn. They called us the next day and said that Saturn would cover it and we were ecstatic. So they fixed free of charge and everything was great but the Service Light was still on but we didn't think much of it at first. Then my wife thought that they must have not done something right because it wasn't going off so we took it back to them where they discovered that there was a problem with the engine and that the only way to fix the problem was to completely replace the heads which they wanted $2700 for the job. We decided at this time we were done with Saturn and took it to Firestone instead and they did they job for about $1600. The vehicle seems to being doing fine now but the Service Light is still on.

Angela Sep 01, 2008

I too have a 2003 Saturn Vue. I bought it May 2005. Eight months later, I couldn't shift (It's a 5 speed). Found out through friends that have their own auto repair, that the Vues, up until mid 2003, have design flaws in the transmission. The cables tend to stretch. I was furious that the dealership would not fix it for free. They stated they would be taking the loss, not Saturn. Now, 2 1/2 yrs. later, it's not shifting again. Saturn stinks.

• Ru
    ruth barron Sep 03, 2008

I bought my vue 1 year ago. this is the 2nd time it has left me stranded. it is 6000 to fix it. saturn wont recall it. they make millions of dollars but wont buy it back. i owe 12000. i have to surrender the car cuz i cant afford to fix it AGAIN. any info on lawsuit is appreciated

• Br
    Bruce Sep 11, 2008

I can only add to everyone elses problems. I to have a 2003 Saturn Vue. 4 cylinder Auto.
    Transmission troubles. It has 75000 miles on the clock, and was just told by a Saturn Dealership, I should have bought a different model, what does a person say to that comment from a Dealer??
    Basically, they want $5000.00 dollars to replace the transmission. I don't have the money, as a lot of people don't.
    I am at my wits end. There is talk of a Class Action Law Suit, hopefully someone can point me in that direction.

chizi Lin Murtala Sep 20, 2008

I bought saturn vue 2003, fwd 2.2L vti two months ago and already spent over $1, 600 and, just find out that the transmission is bad. The Saturn dealership told me that it will cost $6, 000 to fix it or partially will cost $1, 600 which I can not afford anymore. A'm looking forward to any action we might deemed fit to initiate against GM. One of the company mechanics told me that that 2003 vue was a mistake and they never make any other maker of it again just one year product

• Sh
    Shaun Powell Sep 21, 2008

Sadly, after reading many of these complaints for some time now as I have kept an eye any Vue-related issues, I now find myself in the same boat as so many others it seems. My Vue is a 2003 4-Cyl 2.2L AWD with 41, 000 miles on it. I have never "babied" any car so much as my wife and I have done this one. EVERY service done by the dealer and nearly every oil change (they all would have but, we moved and the local Saturn dealer doesn't honor out of state lifetime oil change agreements.)

A year after we purchased the vehicle new, it had ot go in for a recall for some rear drive train issues. (We hadn't personally experienced any problems but took it in as told by a letter from Saturn HQ.) After that, my only real issue has been a decided decline in cabin comfort mainly due to a marked increase in road noise and window rattles. The car is garaged and not used for daily commutes and so these noises seemed a bit premature in my opinion, but hey, what can I do--right?

Well, yesterday (09/21/08) on a routine trip back from the garden center, the transmission (the VTi version)suddenly lost the ability to shift. We could only travel in low gear for the last 8 miles to the dealership. The service dept. was closed, so we left it there and now await the verdict in the morning, based on everything I am reading here, however, I am not hopeful.

Of course, no one ever likes to have something like this come up, but given so many issues of the same nature it does seem that Saturn should be liable for transmission-related problems of this nature. We purchased this car with hope of it lasting us 10 years as we are not heavy-users. It is completely paid-off and just 5 years and 5 months from purchase date. So to trade it in will in NO WAY equal its value to us as even in excellent condition blue book is only a little over $8K. And why would we want to trade it in for another Saturn after this experience? Certainly no other dealership will take it in a fair trade. What sort of recourse does a consumer have in this scenario?

Suggestions are appreciated. --Shaun in Austin TX

• El
    Elizabeth Callaghan Sep 24, 2008

Well I also bought a 2003 Saturn Vue. I had an SL that never gave me problems. Because my family was growing my husband wanted me to have a bigger and better, so we thought, car. Now at almost 75, 000 miles the transmission started acting up. I've already taken it twice to the dealer. They "fixed" it but now I had to take it in this morning because I fill is very sluggish when I take off from a stop. I had to leave it at the dealer so they can check it in the morning because when I took it in this morning they didn't find a thing. So now, I have to pay for a rental, I already paid for one when they had it for a week to do the repairs. I was told they would replace the transmission but the tech said they only replace some parts not all. I guess I have to wait and see.

• Ti
    Tim Connolly Oct 01, 2008

My 2003 AWD Saturn Vue with the VTi transmission just went out 4 days ago (9-27-08) and it has about 75, 500 miles on it. As I was accelerating from a stop light (luckily not too far away from my home) the engine just started reving and before I knew it, I was coasting along on a 4 lane road. The transmission just failed, no sounds, no warnings. I made the mistake of having it towed to a nearby repair shop who wouldn't or couldn't work on it so then I had it towed to a Saturn dealership. I was told that the transmission was junk and that a new one needed to be installed. They did tell me though that due to litigation on this issue and because my mileage was close to the 75, 000 mark, they would install a new one and cover 75% of the cost. Of course they found some other minor stuff that needed repair too but I new about some of that so all in all it is better than what could of been. Thanks to previous owners who stood up and fought for this issue. Without them, me and i assume others would be looking at some serious out-of-pocket costs!

T.L.C.
    St. Paul, MN

• De
    dearl stalsworth Oct 05, 2008

i have had my 2003 vue 4 years and had transmission fixed 4 times now it is makeing a noise again saturn dealer told me to get rid off it as soon as i could the vue is to heavy for transmission

• Me
    Mere Oct 05, 2008

I bought my 2003 Saturn Vue with 84, 103 miles in January 2008. The VTI tranny had just been rebuilt and yesterday, on Oct. 4, coming home from the grocery store, my tranny went out with absolutely no warning.

Hubby came and towed me home. He is a mechanic and will probably rebuild this tranny, but I am going to contact GM regarding this. Same thing happened to our 1997 Catera...no warning and tranny cratered out on the side of the road while we were on vacation.

For the cost of vehicles and the crap we end up with, enough is enough.

I will also be calling the transportation safety board and my elected officials.

• Am
    amiri Oct 06, 2008

i have had a 2003 vue for a year and since then the car leaks and i dont know where it is coming from, there is a sqeaky noise on the left side front wheel that just started two days ago, the locking is messed up, ill be on the highway and it will just start locking and unlocking for no reason, when i start it up in the morning i always hear a nocking noise in the back, i heard it was because of the gas that i used soo i switched and it didnt work it still knocks, reduce speed comes on when it feels like it the steering wheel locked up on me out of the blue
    i could keep going but i have to leave iam about to go take this crapy car to the dealer right now and let them tell me its gonna cost 5000 to fix it only for me to have the same problems in a few months im 18 yrs old and this is my first car. i will never buy another car form saturn ever for the rest of my life

Sarah Patterson Oct 09, 2008

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue, 2 months ago I was on my way home from work, the battery light came on so I turned off my raido and air conditoning, then the needle on the spedo starts jumping and the engine started to die. I was able to pull it into Roy Nichol's GM dealer ship in Courtice at the corner of King and Courtice Rd. It died just as I was pulling into their driveways. $1, 000 later I was charged for a diganostic, a new battery and alternator. One month later the battery lights comes on again when I was on Hwy 427 and once again it died. $300 worth of tow truck bills later I got my Vue to a Saturn Dealership in Woodbridge, finding out your battery and alternator don't go at the same time, its either one or the other and finding out that they didnt even put on a new alternator that they charged me $600 for was a remanufactured one after charging me for a new one. Only after Saturn called Roy Nichol's they agreed to pay for a new alternator but I still had to pay for the labour that was another $230. N ow 2 weeks later the battery light is intermintently coming back on again. I am a full time student at GBC and cannot afford to pay to fix this problem again, it will break me.

• Na
    Nancy Oct 12, 2008

I don't know if I am relieved or appalled at this point that I have found others in the same positiion I am...I bought my 2003 Vue in the Spring of 2004 brand new. Loved the vehicle...took it camping, trips out of state, etc. Kept up with the maintenance, so on and so forth. Labor Day weekend I had just dropped by husband off at the airport and was getting on the interstate and suddenly had no power...yep, it was the transmission. Same story, need over $5, 000 to repair...still owe a couple months pymts but still not in a position to put the money back into a vehicle that may or may not last another 5 years or to purchase another vehcile, especially with the financial institutions being very selective on who they lend to these days. It breaks my heart...I loved that vehicle!! Now it sits in my garage waiting for a clear title so I can junk it unless a miracle happens and Saturn owns up to its mistakes.
    I was told by the Service Rep at the dealership that yes, they have been having problems with the VTI transmission...and why didn't you recall them? I asked. The rep had no answer but offered to take a couple hundred off of the labor...oh, that really doesn't help. Is there a class action suit in the making. Someone please let me know.

SABRINA Oct 18, 2008

It seems to me that everyone is having a problem with the 2003 Saturn Vue. I bought mine last December and everything seemed to be fine with it. Lately it has been stuttering when I try to take off from a complete stop, while driving down the road I start to loose speed as the engine continues to rev up to high RPMs, and when the check engine light comes on the cruise control quits working along with the automatic door locks! I was told that the vehicle just seemed as if it were low on transmission fluid even though I had no signs of a leak so we got the transmission fluid and added it to the vehicle. It drove fine for the night and the next day the same problems starting appearing again! I don't know what else to do with the vehicle becuase I can't afford to take it to Saturn to get it looked at and fixed. This is a ridiculous problem that should be being recalled and its not for fear of Saturn loosing money on a vehicle that they messed up.

• Je
    jeff Oct 25, 2008

My 2006 Saturn Vue 2.2 litre 4 cyl. is not firing on cylinders 3&4. Apparently others have had this problem also. Just wish I would have found this site first. I've already replaced both oxygen sensors and the catalytic converter, before figuring out that the Ignition Control Module was bad. I guss it's not so bad, I would have had to replace the cat, and O2 sensors anyways, as it got so hot from dumping raw fuel into the exaust that it burnt them up also.

• Je
    jeff Oct 25, 2008

I'm very sorry, my Saturn Vue is not firing on cylinders 2&3. I previously said 3&4 but I meant 2&3. Just wanted everyone to have the accurate information.

• Cy
    Cyndi Nov 04, 2008

Another new transmisison here. Bought the 2003 2 years ago with less than 50, 000 Kms off a lease. Loved it. A few weeks ago it started making a muffled clicking sound. Took it in. Needs a whole new transmission. Meanwhile every where I read, this is a prevelant issue with the VUE. Piece of junk I will be sure to warn everyone of the shoddiness of the Saturn make.

• Ml
    M.L.S Nov 07, 2008

I also own a 2003 Vue with a 5 speed manual tranny, which we bought new in 2003. We too, have had problems with the exhaust rattling, which we changed at 36, 000 miles and I bought a magna flow at 100, 000 miles when it went out again. The addition of the muffler caused to car to get 3mpg better than before. Before that we had to change out the ignition module which the dealer said my wife's keys were too heavy and caused the ignition switch to go bad. That is bogus and was a bunch of bull and I told them that in which they held to what they believed. It is funny that no other car we owned ever had that issue. Needless to say I took care of most of the maintenance on the vue myself. I changed out the oil in the transmission at 80K miles which is critical to keeping your tranny running smooth. I haven't even changed the 1st set of plugs yet, which I will do this month Nov 2008. My car use to make a lot of noisy sounds like a cricket. It was annoying. The dealer a lot of times just wants your money if you let them take it. I found some of the plastic panels were loose and the metals clips were rubbing against the metal holder thus creating the annoying sound. Especially on the rear hatch area where the vibration is at its worst. Now at 142K miles my horn or horn switch has stopped working. The Saturn dealership doesn't put out a book so that you can troubleshoot the problem for yourself. They want all the money you can get. The total cost of replacing the horn switch is roughly $800.00 for the parts, because the switch is part of the Airbag system, go figure. The labor cost is atotal different story. The VTI transmission was a bad design from the start and that is why I stayed away from it. The manual trans is better but you have to take very good care of it and you can't dog it out. In Lamens terms, take it easy because they most likey use plastic pieces in side of some transmissions and if you are too rough, pieces can get damaged. My steering section makes funny sounds and sounds and feels as if it has some slack or play in it for you car savvy personnel out there. My exhaust system aslo cracked where the flange attaches to the manifold section on the engine. I tried to replace it and low and behold the part the dealer sells me don't fit. They say they are giving me the right part and I say that is impossible since I bought the car new and this the same part that came on the car, but the part they give doesn't even look the same. HmmmmH!!! That is where I am on that one.

• Lb
    LBC Nov 12, 2008

Saturn VTi Transmission Proposed Settlement
    WHO IS IN THE CLASS

The Class consists of all persons who are residents of the United States and who purchased a new or used 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 model year Saturn VUE or 2003 or 2004 model year Saturn ION equipped with a continuously variable VTi transmission ("Vehicles"). Excluded from the Class are (i) any person, firm, trust, corporation, or other entity that purchased Class Vehicles for resale or fleet purposes (including without limitation any authorized Saturn Retailer) and (ii) any person who has filed a lawsuit against GM seeking damages for alleged personal injury or property damage in connection with a VTi transmission.

ron piercey Nov 12, 2008

im here in canada and my 2003 saturn vue has the transmission gone completely, vti tranny is junk, costed 7000 .00 to fix not worth fixing, gm deserves to go out of business, and chrysler too, all they make is junk that dont last . cant get a decent vehicle these days thats made to last, you always got to be replacing sensors, trannys coile computer modules, wheel bearings etc. its just crazy buying a car these days.lets get bk to the basics .

• Br
    Brenda Nov 21, 2008

I recently took my Saturn Vue to be checked because on two occassions it had difficulty changing gears. The Transmission was replaced two years ago. At that time and 72, 000 miles with a 75, 000 miles warranty the dealer did not want to replace it, but said they woul clean and change fluid. A month later on tha freeway then trans quit. I had it towed to the dealer, and they agreed to replace it., but it was never the same. Fortunately, I made my last payment. However, the car will need work. I am told that I will have to pay $1400.00, because of the mileage on the car. Mileage is 111, 000. I purchased the car new. I have owned many cars, never with an incidence of transmission problems such as this. I wanted a Vue the first time I saw it on The reality show Survivor, and saved to purchase.

ron piercey Nov 27, 2008

does anyone know of a class action lawsuit in canada for saturn vues, thats been filed against gm.gm deserves to got out of business they make nothing but junk.

• Tk
    T.K.R Jan 26, 2009

TO ALL CONCERNED SATURN VUE (2002 THROUGH 2005) AND SATURN ION [protected]) EQUIPPED WITH A CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE (VTi) TRANSMISSION OWNERS. THERE IS A PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT BEING PROPOSED BY "SATURN SETTLEMENT-VTi" PO BOX 33173 DETROIT MI. [protected]. I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THEM RECENTLY AND THEY NEED ALL THE INFO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE HEARING IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 30, 2009 AT 2:00 PM. IN THE US DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA. COURTROOM 5 WITH (HON. WILLIAM B. SHUBB), 501 1 STREET, SACRAMENTO CA. 95814.
    THE DESCRIPTION OF THE LAWSUIT: KELLY CASTILLO et al., V. GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION.
    CASE NUMBER: 2:07-CV-O2142 WBS-GGH.

Sad Vue Owner Mar 06, 2009

I have a 2002 Vue with less than 100Km and i was told today that i need to spend $2700 to fix a broken steering drive shaft and a dead transmission. big dilemma, i cant just scrap the car, but $2700 is a ridiculous amount for a 7 year old car. what to do. i wish there was some recourse for us Canadians. i would also be interested in a class action suit against GM in Canada. does anyone know of something starting up?

Anisa Mar 26, 2009

I bought 2003 Vue 4 cylinder on 9/2006, and on 2/2009, it started not going forward when it is set on drive. I took it to the Saturn Dealer in Golden Valley, MN. They told me it is the transmission, and it will cost $5k to fix it. They will cover 75% of the money which is $3800, and I would have to come up with the rest $1200 or 25%. This is because the car has 91000 miles on it. It has 53000 on it when I bought it. I called their service center, and asked if this amount can be reduced, i am full time student, and a single mother, i cannot afford to pay for this. The service man said to talk with his manager. I would not recommend this car for someone to buy it. I have already spent over $500 for coding and replacing the area for the key because the car could not start for some security system installed inside the car, plus i still owe so much of it.

• Vi
    Vic Apr 06, 2009

My 2003 Saturn Vue, was purchased a little over a yr ago, and at the time, it had 53, 048 miles on it...when I encountered a problem, it was at 86, 000 miiles and then all the same problems that were described happened to me also. I was wondering why the person who had it previously traded it with such low mileage...guess they did their homework..now I'm ### outta luck in college with a truck that has a ### transmission and I have as much left in payments as it is to repair the problem.

• To
    Tom Apr 08, 2009

My 2003 Vue had its first VTI transmission fail at 40K miles. At 82K it's going bad as well but I'm having difficulting getting the job done even though I'm the origional owner and it's "convered" under the latest law suit settlement. I need a dependable car and do not trust GM products anymore.

• Ju
    Juana Vasquez Apr 09, 2009

I just got of the phone with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) who informed me that they are going to start an investagation on this matter with the 2003 Saturn Vue. They do recommended that if you are having or have had any problems with this particular make, model and year to file a report with them. There website address is www.safercar.gov or call them at [protected]. The more they hear about our problems the more likely they will issue a recall and then we can get some kind help so please contact them.

joy Apr 13, 2009

my 2003 vue started having problems with the remote locks not working all the time. Also for no reason the alarm starts honking.