Having problems with ZipRecruiter?

401 Wilshire Blvd., 11th Floor
Fri6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Fraudulent company do not trust

The customer service representative At the phone number +[protected] named Virginia was not helpful, she refused to let me speak to a supervisor. They charged my card back to back in the middle of the night for 556.50 twice and then 202.38 after that. A total of 1, 315 dollars. Sketchy. I've never authorized any of these transactions, I dont have a business. So when I asked how they got my card info and why it was charged I was told that they weren't able to discuss that information with me. Not understanding why when it's my card in my name and my money. I wouldn't give them even 1 star, the customer service is horrible and they thinks it's ok to steal people's money. I was thinking that someone stole my information but now I'm thinking it's someone at ziprecruiter that did this. I had to go get a police report and call a lawyer.

very deceiving and deceptive billing

I too have had a very bad experience with zip recruiter. Their billings practice is very deceiving and deceptive. They have this box that you have to accept "daily subscription" that you think is for the ad you are running. Then the candidates that they send you don't meet the criteria that you asked for. You get frustrated and pull the plug on the ad. But then you realize after you keep getting billed over $500 that they deceived you and you are still getting billed even though you no longer have an ad listed. Heed my warning do not sign with zip recruiter

job posting

I was encouraged to post a job with Ziprecruiter and signed up for a trial period. Within the 3-day trial I decided that the resumes I was getting had nothing to do with the employee I needed. I pulled down my add. The next day I got a call from a Salesman, Andy< who tired to keep me by helping me boost my exposure with more money. I said I just wanted to end the service. He understood and I thought I was done. What I failed to do was "cancel" my account. Just pulling the add is not enough. You must cancel the account as well. At the end of the month I got a bill for over $500 for nothing. I called Ziprecruiter to get it corrected and, though they saw the date I pulled my add, because the account wasn't cancelled, I got half back. DO NOT USE THEM! They are scammers!

unauthorized credit card charges

I signed up for one month and one month only. I made that very clear. Ziprecruiter took it upon them selves to sign me up for a subscription that I did not authorize and charged my card $422 when my one month was up even though I only paid $317 the first time. Once I complained they said they would refund me only $253.77 even though it was their mistake not mine.

no place to go could not get an answer

Have tried for several days to send my updated Resume
the one you have is old and will not get a response from
anyone how to send it do not get a response
Please advise how to get my resume to you so it is seen by new employers also am looking for customer relations/marketing positions have not received any jobs that is close to what I am looking for

job scam on zip recruiter

I got an email from an erik friis hr from the company forsberg isaksson. I have copied the email below say...

job posting I applied for was a scam

On or about last week of April 2018, I applied for a job that I found on ZIP Recruiter, it turned out, the job posting was a SCAM, which resulted us being victims of FRAUDULENT. I emailed Zip Recruiter explaining what just happened, however, they were no help at all. It costed us, $3300 due to a SCAM JOB POST that Zip Recruiter had. There were no compensation offered to us. I just received a reply, "We are sorry, you went through that, we have taken down the job posting.."

It is impossible to contact zip recruiter over the phone. I want to dispute what just costed me applying for a job posting found on zip recruiter.

If you need proofs of the lost, please advise right away.

I hope this matter can be resolved.

job search and their postings

Send me emails about jobs ive already applied for. Some jobs they send me 3 or 4 emails saying your app ha...

culture of atlanta

I had the unfortunate experience of having an interview set with culture of Atlanta and I was dre...

could be better

Many things to work on, you know.
The website is often down, that causes a lot of troubles to use it. I have been trying to log in for 2 weeks and haven't succeeded yet. The customer support is absolutely useless and rarely answer, so I have no idea how to fix this issue without your participation.
And as a small detail, it's your misguiding information all over the media. I have read you provided a free trial for a month, but in fact, it's only four days which is very very sneaky of you, guys...

help wanted ad

They just steal hard earned money away from business owners. They have deceptive practices, obscure their policies. When called they are snooty, condescending and rude. They are happy to take you money but do not deliver qualified candidates and none of the candidates respond to emails. I think this is nothing more then a scam. I got better results on Monster and other sites. with out losing $2K for a worthless ad service.

Job referral

I was recently contacted by a man name Mr saylor bill Loyd from upland can he offered me a job as a personal...

Ziprecruiter

scam website

Dear zip recruiter manager,

I would like to inform that I lost the credibility in this website due the lack of security and to not have a secure way to verify the companies that are looking for employees, giving persons with another intentions many peoples data.
A couple weeks ago I was contact by a "supposed company" that found my resume on your website and was interested and making an interview with me. The company in question was suppose to be a norway company called "bama gruppen" that was going to open an office in tampa. Well they conduct the interview and apparently they liked me and offered me a job, I was happy since I am an immigrant from brazil going trough a divorce and I will soon having to be able to support me and my son, since it would be my first job in america I thought that was the procedures to hire someone.
I enrolled my son to the host program in his school "since I had a job", and made all the arrangements for a single mother be able to work.
Long story short, in order to me start to work (From home until they open the office) they would send me a check to buy computer accounting programs, and a new laptop, I found wow, here in america things are very fast and professional.
They asked me to fill out all my information a w4 form an ucis authorization of employment, and send copy of all my documents, including my social security number that I just received.
In a couple days I received the check, and as a good professional wanting to show I was honest I run directly to the bank to deposit the check, getting there was when my red alert started to show up, because the tellers started to ask many questions about the check and I realized there was something wrong but the check was still deposited.
After I get out the bank I started to google and I realized I was victim of a scam and I got desperate and run into the fbi to be able to make a formal complaint.
After google reviews about your website I realized you guys are a scam and careless about the peoples, taking advantage of them in their most fragile phase of life.
That is why im closing my account and making a formal complaint against your company, and I hope the harassment of sending millions messages on my phone and email will stop.

• Mo
    Monica Knouff Jun 06, 2017

Hi Sabrina,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate mishap. Here in the US, where we are free to do whatever we want. For example, someone many contact you on the phone, they might say they are with a religious organization or maybe they want you to donate money to help the needy. Instead of calling you, these people sometimes show up at your door. They claim to be with XYZ Organization (Fictitious Name) and their walking around collecting donations for whatever reason. There might even be someone standing on the side of the road, with a sign, asking for money!
    These were just a few examples of how thieves, scam artists, etc try and manipulate anyone who they think may fall victim to their scams. This is where you, unfortunately, fell victim to their heartless scam! I'll be honest with you, from this point on, you must, when applying for ANY job, do your research. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is! If you come across a job posting, and you're thinking about applying, before you have ANY communication with the prospected job posting, do your "due diligence", meaning, make sure you do your research! This mean, Reviewing a Business's Website to Determine Legitimacy (look for the address and phone number) If the job poster mentions a "REQUIRED" upfront cost before an applicant can proceed with employment. Here are several more examples on ZipRecruiter's site; https://www.ziprecruiter.com/blog/how-to-avoid-job-scams/.
    I also wanted to mention that, unfortunately, ZipRecruiter has a "Terms of Use Agreement" that states' -----> "You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that ZipRecruiter shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content."
    I hope you see this as an informative response to your original message and not as an attack. BTW...I currently work from home and I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to a business being legitimate or not! Feel free to contact me; [email protected]

Good Luck with Everything,
    Monica

worst customer service at ziprecruiter

I called ziprecruter to post an ad. We are a fortune 1000 company and we were simply trying to post an ad. They proceeded to deactivate our account. The ziprecruiter representative who reviewed the account was one of the worst customer service representatives that we have ever worked with. I am a C level executive and believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. During their zip recruiter review they were rude, demanding, and completely unprofessional. The proceeded to question my personal cell phone number and residence in relation to a corporate account. So you name is ______ and you live at _____. Which at ziprecruiter they must be selling data to other third parties and fraudulently verifying information through inappropriate means.

Then the ziprecruiter.com representative when questioned on why they were so interested in the number that I was calling from and what my residence was in relation to a corporate account they proceeded to give no explanation and was quite rude and just plain unprofessional. The agent was condescending and obviously trained to the point of being brash and aggressive in nature. Not sure what kind of company like ziprecruiter.com and what kind of phone agent training would be so nasty and agressive in reviewing a corporate account for a fortune 500 company, I immediately stopped the interview and told that we would not need the services of ziprecruiter any longer. And just for a reference point it took almost 30 minutes for them to get on the phone to even begin to review the account.

They went ahead and charged the account on file. Then we had to have two different people call to try and reverse the charges. Again our company was met with absurd rudeness and unprofessionalism by the account representative at ziprecruter.com. We had to threaten them with fraud if they didn't reverse the charges even though we had asked to deactivate the account on the previous call.

Over all the ziprecruter.com website and customer service was a terrible experience. And they make it difficult to review the account during set up and they have rude ziprecruiter representatives that are trained to be completely arrogant and demeaning.

I would not use ziprecruiter.com or speak with any ziprecruiter representatives.

• Pr
    Preciousmommy Apr 07, 2016

I had the same person, probably. She asked my email address when I kept repeating it at least 6 times. I told her she needs to listen so I don't have to be a broken record. She said that I have not told her my email and refused to spell it. My business I told her was Ace My Course which I told her, spelt it explaining it is a basic elementary word. She still didn't spell it right so I asked for her boss. She said she could not do that. I either had to repeat until she got it or she would hangup. She chose to hang up. I called again hoping to get a better rep but it was not answered and I was forwarded to directions or watching a demo to know how it works. Of course how will it do my any good when the lady won't even active it.

• Rt
    RT Dennis Jun 07, 2018

I recently filled out personal information to post a job opening on a ziprecruiter website but when I read their terms, I backed out. Almost immediately I started getting SPAM calls from ziprecruiter soliciting my continuation of the application and subsequently and suspiciously started getting serial spam calls from someone else selling medical insurance. I seriously suspect that ziprecruiter sold my information to a third party. Any company who conducts this sort of serial harassment should be put out of business.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices