Zenith XBR616 DVD PlayerSkip buying this unit!

T

I bought the Zenith XBR616 DVD plus VCR player/recorder in November 2006. I promptly had to replace it under warranty a month later. In July 2007, the unit only played about half of the DVDs inserted into it. I called Zenith's customer relations and they told me that the parts would be under warranty, but that the labor expired after 90 days. I could mail it in for free, but it would cost me $69 in labor just to start looking at the unit.

I decided against that since it only cost about $100 new. For now, the unit resides in my bedroom for infrequent use.

Bottom line, skip buying this unit.

Crushed in Cedar Grove

• Da
    Danny Weakland Jan 13, 2008

I am experiencing the same problem. I guess that what happens when we send our manufacturing of AMERICAN products overseas.