World Wide-Soft.comInternet Virus Tool

I was surfing the internet on 02/26/2010 when a program popped up and stating my computer was at risk for viruses. I kept trying to close the windows but it wouldn't close. So I bought the tool and the windows closed. I have no address or phone number to contact the company and I am sure it is a scam. Has anyone else experienced this?

More World Wide-Soft.com Complaints & Reviews

• Ni
    NikkiWalls Feb 28, 2010

This just happened to me on 2/25/10. I just got my internet hooked up and didn't know the internet protection from my internet provider was FREE... That same screen kept popping up and would not close. I thought it was legit because it said " WINDOWS 2010". So I just paid the $50!!! I just happened to google the name after looking at my bill and saw your complaint. What is up with this s&^t?? How do you get your money back if the credit card company won't??

Thanks!!

• Mg
    mgriff Feb 28, 2010

on 2/23/2010 i bought what was called "security tool" and it charged my card 130 bucks and it comes up worldwidesoft.com. The security tool is no longer on my computer i have no idea where it went!

• Lo
    londaland Mar 01, 2010

the same thing happened to me. don't know how to get my money back Londa

• Lo
    londaland Mar 01, 2010

it's a rip off and there using microsoft's name

• Gn
    gnuuu Mar 01, 2010

same thing happened to me.then popped up XP Antispyware tool. downloaded got infected, paid for it.now i can not find it

• Da
    David RL Mar 01, 2010

This just happened to me on 2/27/2010 my tech guy said it's old scam that looks like windows vista guardian. It looks legit but it is not. Every year it's windows vista guardian 2009, 2010, 2011, etc... It's time consuming to remove all the virus's. Make certain you cancel your credit card as they will attempt more smaller charges; dispute this Charge which for me was $69.99.

Sandra bettis Mar 02, 2010

The same think just happened to me it took $ 99.90 and i still have a virnes is still there .It happed on 3-01-2010. How do we get the money back.

• Wo
    world wide scam Mar 02, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me today...I could not get it to go off my computer screen, the my whole screen blacked out until I bought the program for $50.00. Now everything is back to normal, is this some kind of scam??? I'm guessing yes, I don't know what to do, i am hoping that they do not try to take money out of my bank again.. Their toll free number is 1-800-469-9689. I am calling in a little bit, I will post what i find out.

Heather

• Ne
    nettieb71 Mar 03, 2010

Happened to me last night - 3-2-10 - people need to find better things to do with their time. I'm on hold with my bank now. How do I get this thing off my personal computer? My Trend prompted me to delete av.exe - I did. Nothing will launch IE, iTunes, etc. Any ideas?

• Ne
    nettieb71 Mar 03, 2010

Just got off the phone with the credit card company - nothing they can do since the charge is pending - I should keep an eye on my account and once it's paid then call and complain. Unreal.

• Mb
    m.barnwell Mar 03, 2010

I had the same problem, there was no type of phone number and my computer still is warning me that i still have a virus..

• Ms
    msboomerang Mar 03, 2010

Me too! I did a system restore, and installed AVG. All seems to be good. Make sure you cancel your credit card so they wont be able to charge you again.

• Ss
    sscott74 Mar 03, 2010

I got the same thing as well...I was charged 109.90

lipton tea Mar 04, 2010

My daughter has a lab top and i brought this same package twice . I got like a week or two apart. is this web site a scam or what. Can somebody please help me.

• Wi
    William Netterville Mar 04, 2010

I was using my Lap Top and a pop-up appeared stating that my Computer was infected with viruses, so I bought the soft ware, I E-mailed the Company and was told that my account would be credited and it was, now thay are charging me again this month.

• Ya
    yannab Mar 04, 2010

yes!!! It happened on2-26-2010.. I paid $60 and it is nowhere on my computer.

cheatederg Mar 04, 2010

I got this and paid the $70 thinkin our update was overlooked (as im sure the creators expect) Antivirus 2010. It will disable you .exe files. Google Antivirus 2010 removal and you will find boards explaining how to remove it through mal/spyware tools. I'm just going to file a dispute thru my cc company. It's one thing to screw people by giving them the virus and even give cc info to buy it, right? But to actually have the nerve to charge for it... amazing.

• Sw
    Sweet63 Mar 04, 2010

just had same thing happen, feel like an idiot! Anyone gotten anywhere with this?!!! If so, please post!!

• Ed
    ediecg124 Mar 05, 2010

OMG, feel like an idiot too! I work with charge disputes and never saw this one coming. I also trusted it & thought it was legit since it said Microsoft. Gonna dispute tomorrow morning.Will post results later.

• Pu
    Punpkin Mar 05, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me today.2/25/10..I could not get it to go off my computer screen, the my whole screen blacked out until I bought the program for $50.00. THEN everything WAS back to normal,
    Now NOW MY PC IS DEAD - NO INTERNET CONNECTION
    This sure is some kind of scam!
    I TRUSTED THIS SITE BECAUSE IT SAID MICROSOFT!!!

• Bo
    bostonbaby Mar 05, 2010

Same thing happened to me on 3/2 Could not get it off my computer. My Mcaffe had just expired so I was afraid I had a virus. Called credit card co. to stop payment but they said I had to wait since it is still pendin. Makes no sense. Have to file a dispute with credit card co. who now wants to sell me identy theft protection!!!

Martha Primmer Mar 05, 2010

The same thing happened to me 2/22/10. charge of $69.99. I will call my bank tomorrow!!! I couldn't get rid of the thing until I paid for it!!! martha

• St
    Starrrrman Mar 05, 2010

I had the same thing happen on 03-05-10 as everyone else.
    The program icon immediately disapeared after purchasing the product.
    However, if you go to "Start" click on "All Programs" you may find the "Security Central" Folder.
    Click on the folder and the Icon will appear to open the program.
    I think it's a scam though anyway.

• Kr
    KREME Mar 05, 2010

I work for a bank and yes this is a scam. watch you transaction closely. and be more aware of purchases you make on line. with my bank. we are actually puttin cards on hold that have transactions from this company. my best advice to you all is call you bank. and have them file a dispute against the company. even with out any Phone number to the company we can still do a dispute. and wit u not being able to contact the company to get those funds back. that actually helps you because you will get a provisional credit back that was taken durrin the investigation. and with no info to contact the merchant. they will decide in your favor. just make sure once you file that disupte. that u close that card ASAP while a rep is handling your situation. the longer u keep it active the more chances they have to debit it again. so make sure u request to have that card closed. and request a new card be issued also with a new pin number. they would no longer be able to debit the account once the card number they have is de-activated... & NEVER EVER PROVIDE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION!

• Ru
    Rudi1 Mar 06, 2010

yes!!! !!!It happened on2-26-2010.. I paid $59.95 and it is not on my computer.

I TRUSTED THIS SITE BECAUSE IT SAID MICROSOFT!!!

I have cancel my card today

Thanks for all your info.

• Da
    DavidJackson Mar 07, 2010

Exactly the same has just happened to me (3rdmarch 2010) I was using my laptop (Windows 7) and up popped a warning about my system being attacked - looked very convincing and I couldn't get rid of it - as I was considering installing protection, I went ahead and paid £49 - shortly after that I was unable to open any of my main files (Skype, Internet, E mail etc) and the program is not installed anywhere - clearly a scam and a very good one - if its been around for so long 1) Why havn't MS issued a warning that they using MS name and to avoid the offer 2) why hasn't anything been done to trace the underlying scammer?.
    Can anyone help me with how to de - bug my OS??

Margaret A. Mar 07, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I could not access any sites without paying for this removal. Once I paid everything was fine. (I was desperate, I needed my computer for online classes). When I looked at my bank statement the company is based in Moscow, Russia. Go figure!!! I have just been taken. I will go to bank today and cancel the card. Fortunatley my bank is open 7 days a week.

• Re
    redbone Mar 08, 2010

it happen to me also about a week ago, they charged me 99, 90 dollars, and now im out of 100.oo dollars on something that didnt even work, i need answers and need my money back asap!

• Be
    Bert Fleet Mar 09, 2010

It's a rip-off I had to pay US$50 to get out of the ***** thing.
    Bert Fleet. Surrey UK

• Lu
    luci67 Mar 09, 2010

Wholly [email protected]#$!! The same thing just happened to me. The phone number in the email is constantly busy and my icon is gone now too!!! My credit card company will try to file a claim but I think I am now out 49.95! I can't believe this, I am trying to find a job and I really don't need this [email protected]!

Lizdodah Mar 09, 2010

This happened to me last week...it kept popping up for days...i kept putting it off...finally it got so annoying that i bought it, since it said it was from Microsoft...sure enough I now have a virus on my computer and it keeps getting worse each day. It seems so real since they even give you a Reg Key...I now have to call my credit card and report the fraud, and call a computer repair person to fix my computer at $125 minimum per hour!!! I hope "http://world-widesoft.com gets what's coming to them...Karma is a ###!!!

Lizdodah Mar 09, 2010

Last week I kept getting the pop ups from "microsoft"...I kept ignoring them but they kept popping up every few min...after a few days of being annoyed & frustrated..i purchased the 2 year plan so that these people would leave me alone for 2 years @ $69.95...got receipt and a Re key...it made it look real...low and behold I got a virus, that shut down all my programs..now I have to use Open With for everything and it sometimes doesn't even work..it gets worse day after day..I now could not get online..hot to reboot my dsl box...but now have to call my credit card company to alert of fraud, and I need to call computer repair that charges a minimim of $125 per hour since I can't find it in my system to remove...I hope http:world-widesoft.com...gets what is coming to them...Karma is a ###...and I hope it gets them good!!!

AnnieMegan Mar 09, 2010

This happened to me as well. A page looking just like a Microsoft alert called "Security Tool" popped up and told me that there was a threat to my computer and that there was an attempt to steal my credit card info and my computer was in danger of all types of viruses, etc. (Little did I know that it was in danger from them!) I couldn't exit this alert and after numerous attempts - I had to purchase it just to get it off! Even after purchasing, the page wouldn't close! Funny, the page mysteriously closed just after I spoke to my credit card company and cancelled my card! Thank goodness my credit card company saw the billing address (Moscow) and alerted me. Have to wait a few days to dispute the charge. Apparently, the credit cards are seeing a lot of this. I just hope this is the end of this and there are no further problems with my computer!

• Ac
    acorkill Mar 10, 2010

Same thing, on march 5th. the charge just appeared on my credit card today and i will call and dispute. Like others, I thought it was okay since it says Microsoft. I, too, couldn't get if off my screen. My internet has been a mess - fortunately my son is very technically savvy and I think he has cleaned everything up. Will keep you up to date on this.

• Mo
    MoparGirl Mar 10, 2010

This company got my for 132.15. I cant believe I did this! I just wanted it to go away. Now I need to Cancel my card but I have an event where I'm going to need it! Don't know what to do! This is ridiculous!

RRH41 Mar 11, 2010

This happened to me on 03/04/10. It just popped up out of nowhere. They charged me 101.62 and 3.04 (foreign transaction fee)! The tool disappeared after purchased the Security Tool. I am disputing the transaction and reporting it as an internet crime.

RRH41 Mar 11, 2010

FYI- The domain name i found out is ferrum-software.com. I looked on www.who.is/whois and found out the Registrant name and Administrative contact: Boris Dmitriev, Suite 102, Blake Building, Corner of Eyre and Hutson Streets, Belize City, 18004650839. Also Technical Support was list 122-126 Tooley Street, London +44 2032390693. This all may be fraudulent information but I am trying. This makes me angry! I am also cancelling my card.

RRH41 Mar 11, 2010

Also for FYI- On my credit card bill summary under the name world-widesoft.com the word moscow showed up.

• Mc
    M. cheeks Mar 11, 2010

I had the same problem few days ago (Feb. 2010.) T hey (wideworld soft) came under the name of norton virus internet protection. They took $99.85 (for two years) from my credit card, whereas i subscribed for one year which should have been $49.00.

They are highly criminal minded. They make me afraid to even deal with Norton because I can't be too sure.

• Ez
    ezert Mar 11, 2010

This is a virus and a scam. First, cancel the credit card it was used for. Then dispute the charge with your company. Everyone needs to dispute it so these criminals don't get one red cent, and the credit card companies know it is a scam.
    Also, you probably still have the virus on your computer so you better take care of that. I got microsoft tech support to take care of it. I guess there are other options.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices