World Wide Acquisitions, Inc.Very very shady

C

I applied to a number of places this summer, so when I received an email saying I was being asked to come in for an interview I was excited. My excitement quickly faded after a Google search, and in hindsight the email should've been a red flag too. They didn't have any information about my position in the email, or about themselves as a company. I only knew it was World Wide Acquisitions because of their email address.

On Google, I found a bunch of stories saying that WWA is a door-to-door organization and that they leave out job details until you get there, at which point they ambush you into working during the interview!
Story here: Worldwide Acquisitions — Very Shady

Anyway, I emailed them back saying thanks for the opportunity but no thanks.

Two days later I get a call from a company called TNI asking if I was interested in a job. I said yes, not knowing who this company was but I'd applied to so many places I just figured I'd say yes and look it up later. They told me they'd send an email and then she said, "oops, I accidentally sent you the wrong one. Don't look at the first email, the second one is what I meant to show you". I hesitantly said "sure" and hung up.

Listen.
To start, both emails went straight to junk mail because even hotmail knew something was up.
The first email said "We're excited to see you at our office for your first interview at DCF Advanced Marketing (another door-to-door scam)" and the second one said the same thing but for World Wide Acqusitions.

I guess they got their scams mixed up. I was mostly shocked that they called me under a different name after getting my email saying I wasn't interested. That's one I hadn't seen before.

Be careful out there.