Woolworths, Park Avenue, Coffs HarbourDeli

R

Monday 18 January at approx 5.45pm I went to the Deli to purchased some sliced ham. It looked lovely and fresh, with the exception of the top slice. I told the young lady (Sam) that I would prefer not to have the top piece of ham as it was brown (a totally different colour from the remainder of the ham in the showcase). I was very polite in my request. However, her responses left me shattered. Firstly she said it was the light in the showcase which made the ham look brown. But, surprise, when she took the piece of ham off the stack (and threw it behind her in anger) revealing the next piece of ham that was a lovely pink, as was the remainder of the ham. She then said "lots of customers accuse us of selling out-of-date food". I said, "no, sorry, I was not complaining that your food is out-of-date, just discoloured, and I did not choose to have that particular piece of ham". As I left the counter, she continued to argue. In the end I thanked her and walked away. Come on Woolworths Deli - you can do better than that. I am in customer service myself, and there is absolutely no way I would speak to a customer in the way Sam did.