Wise Constructiontoo many to catagorize

S Review updated:

John Wise is a cheat and a thief . He says one thing and does something else. He'll give you a quote on something, and then when he's finished, the price has changed. He's been in numerous lawsuits and because he has so much money and obviously, polictical pull, he wins the lawsuits. He never gets in any trouble. He trys to get away with things on the job site, that if no one "catches" him, he does and gets away with it. I won't go into detail here, but if you want to know specifics, you can email me at: [protected]@yahoo.com He doesn't always pay his subs either. He had a $40K cement bill he didn't pay, and we got a lien on our property!!! And he's done the exact thing to other business owners! What I want to know, is WHY does this man have a license??? How does he continue to stay in business??? Believe me, EVERYONE I know, and EVERYONE I can tell NOT to do business with him...I'm telling!!! Also, he has a FLITHY mouth and has NO respect for the people he's building for. If you say one thing against him, or try to dispute anything with him concerning the work he's doing for you, (mind you now, "you're" the customer) he will cuss you out using language like a sailor. (as the saying goes) His vocabulary is HUGE..." f...ing" this and that, "b...d", etc. etc., you get the picture...and I'm paying him to be treated like that???? The picture is not a good one! So, PLEASE...say yourself the aggravation, ...HIRE SOMEONE ELSE to do your construction...and pass this on!
EVERYONE IN CHATTANOOGA AND SURROUNDING CITIES (yes, he's done the same to others in Nashville, and I know he's also worked in Knoxville) STAY AWAY FROM JOHN WISE!!!

• Cu
    Current Tenant 125 Feb 04, 2015

Have been renting from Wise Properties for two years now. As a propetty managers, Wise staff has always been friendly. However, the apartments are low, low quality new construction. Nothing seems very thought out (ex. Parking Deck behind Maddox & 125 Cherokee), and everything is done on the cheap side. My door stoppers to my closet, bathroom, and laundry room have all gone through the door frames. It is if the door frames are made of cardboard. The cabinets come loose and fall off the hinges regularly. The AC rattles and makes a loud noise in the apartment. The front doors are too high off the ground leaving a large gap between the floor and door. This allows you to hear EVERY movement in the hallways. It is sad to me that Wise is putting up all these buildings in Chattanooga that will not hold up for future generations. It seems that he is very focused on expanding in order to grow his wealth pockets versus having the best interest of the city. I know for sure he is not looking out for the best interest of his tenants. Would not recommend anyone renting one of his properties. Will move out as soon as my lease is up.

• Ga
    Gabbye Oct 04, 2019

@Current Tenant 125 I couldn’t agree more. My experience was one of the worse. When I’d leave my apartment and come home, I could tell someone had entered. This happened all the time despite the cameras. I knew then that it was an inside job thing. In time, how you treat others will catch up with you.

• Ts
    tSUTHE Dec 06, 2014

This guy is the biggest jerk I have ever met. Not a man of his word- he tells you one thing and then does whatever he wants and then lies about it. I will forever warn people against using this guy! I have never met someone as shady as this- guys like him are the reason I have lost my faith in mankind.

• Jt
    JTfit Mar 05, 2012

John Wise--BE Warned--He is Not Good business-, or ethics, NOT a Man of His Word, and Lacks Integrity... John Wise and Wise Properties LLC, breeds Corruption and dishonesty. His workmanship is structurally inferior...Cheap

• Jp
    jpeck Jun 22, 2011

I agree with you. Everything stated is exactly how it works. Coming from someone who worked in an office just beside his in 2010. No one needs to do business with John Wise. No one.

• Wr
    wr33 Jul 12, 2010

John Wise is the worst contractor in town, there is no doubt. This comment is spot on as to how Wise treats customers and subcontractors. Just save yourself the trouble and have your building built by someone with a better reputation.

• 5s
    5star5 Jan 21, 2010

john wise is a great contractor and i have never had a prob. with him pays on time, helps when you need it.

• Ho
    Homeserviceguy Jul 08, 2009

If you are so sure about this man then why do you do business with him?
    Next time call someone more reliable, more reasonable.and more professional.
    Try Jelectrico services at [protected]
    they will take care of your construction needs within USA