Viaddressunethical business practices

P Review updated:

Viaddress has been engaging in very unethical and unprofessional behavior. I first became aware of this when researching forwarding companies. While many companies had mixes of positive and negative reviews, viaddress.com had solid positive reviews — and not only that, this small website often had hundreds of more positive reviews than large, well-known websites. Sensing something was amiss I did further research and found a website where viaddress was offering to pay $10 to people who would write 25 positive reviews of the company. Concerned by this I posted it to several websites so people were aware of their tactics. I did further research and found that viaddress had a masked IP, which was a red flag, had mail service stores as their listed addresses, and had graphics taken directly from a competitor's website. Coincidentally, after I brought all these to attention they all changed — the addresses and website registration were changed, and the graphics were removed from their website, as was the website offering to pay $10 to people to write positive reviews of viaddress. After I did this I began receiving nasty emails calling me stupid and other profane things. I posted these emails to make people aware of this action; shortly after I was accused of being a competitor to viaddress (which I am not) and threatened with legal action. They also claimed to have my IP address, which is flat out false. Obviously, you can't sue someone for what they write about a company, especially when the posted material was all true, but that didn't stop them from repeatedly making the claim — most likely in an attempt to scare me into silence. I have not used their service, but my comments are not about the service provided — they were about the company's business practices. Viaddress' behavior is extraordinarily unprofessional and unethical, and even if their service was good I would not use a company that engages in such appalling behavior.

************************************************************************************

Hello everyone !

This is Sarah Van dyke again, Public Relations Manager at Viaddress.com.
    We have some very interesting updates about this FAKE complaint to share with all the readers of this post.

THIS USER "Pam" HAS NEVER USED VIADDRESS.COM SERVICES BEFORE !

After further investigation with the complaintsboard about the origin of the FAKE REVIEW above, along with the negative comments that followed, the complaintsboard has instructed us that they were posted by the same IP address in the city of Torrance, California and precisely matching that one of our competitor bellow:

www.SHIPITO.COM

CEO John Vanhara
    Email: [email protected]
    phone: 310-212-7143

Related companies:
    xyzbikes http://www.xyzbikes.com
    incparadise http://www.incparadise.net

He was posting reviews with username "rr1200" and recently changed his address from:

to:
    Dallas, Texas

Therefore, we want to make sure to expose this dishonest competitor www.SHIPITO.COM at http://www.shipito.com who is behind posting several negative reviews about Viaddress.com.

This is something that Viaddress.com will not take lightly and we will make sure to take further legal actions against www.SHIPITO.COM.

We will not waste any more time with this competitor. All NEW FAKE COMPLAINS will eventually be used against SHIPITO.COM in court.

There is no need to change your IP address Mr. John Vanhara, we know you're the only one writing fake reviews about Viaddress.com here.
    He's been posting more fake complains on other complain sites like Complaints.com, [redacted].com... but that will only aggravate the damages which will work against him in court.

If anyone has a genuine question or complaint, please contact us directly by Phone, Chat or email as listed on our Contact Us page on Viaddress.com, because we will not receive any messages posted on this complaintsboard site until after several days or weeks have elapsed.

Elkhart, IN 46516

Picture 2: Same CEO John Vanhara selling bicycles on xyzbikes.com from the same location of Shipito.com

Picture 3: Location of Shipito.com, the competitor who is posting Fake negative reviews about Viaddress.com

• So
    someonewhoknowswhoyouare Jan 23, 2019

@viaddress I think it is funny that you claim "FAKE" who are you Sarah Van Dyke? I know YOU are fake.

• viaddress Mar 10, 2010

********************************** Update from Viaddress : ! ****************************

This user "rr1200" is SHIPITO.COM, A COMPETITOR OF VIADDRESS.COM WHO IS WRITING ALL THE NEGATIVE FAKE COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT VIADDRESS.COM TO HURT REPUTATION !

Do a google search for: " rr1200 Profile | ComplaintsBoard.com "
    Or go here:

You will see that this user "rr1200" he's from:

to:
    United Kingdom

He recently changed his address from Torrance, California and precisely matching that one of our competitor Shipito.com :

(Pictures attached)

This user "rr1200" who represents Shipito.com is caught again writing fake negative comments about Viaddress.

Now, he poses as someone from the United Kingdom but his geo IP location shows "United States". (Look under this claim):

All his 19 comments written are against Viaddress:

More pictures bellow and here:

Please continue reading bellow...

Hello everyone !

This is Sarah Van dyke again, Public Relations Manager at Viaddress.com.

THIS USER "Pam" HAS NEVER USED VIADDRESS.COM SERVICES BEFORE !

www.SHIPITO.COM

CEO John Vanhara
    Email: [email protected]
    phone: 310-212-7143

Related companies:
    xyzbikes http://www.xyzbikes.com
    incparadise http://www.incparadise.net

Torrance, California

to: (This change was done to make us think he's from USglobalmail.com)
    Dallas, Texas

then to:

Elkhart, IN 46516

Picture 1: John Vanhara CEO of Shipito.com, the competitor who is posting Fake negative reviews about Viaddress.com, Same CEO John Vanhara selling bicycles on xyzbikes.com from the same location of Shipito.com

Picture 2: New location

Picture 3: Old location caught by Google Archive

• viaddress Mar 18, 2010

**** THIS COMPLAINTS WAS POSTED BY A COMPETITOR TO VIADDRESS ************

This user "rr1200" is no other than SHIPITO.COM, A COMPETITOR OF VIADDRESS.COM WHO IS WRITING ALL THE NEGATIVE FAKE COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT VIADDRESS.COM TO HURT REPUTATION !

He is "lurking" forums and writing negative comments about Viaddress.com
    He's now posing as someone from Melbourne, Australia:

Do a google search for: " rr1200 Profile | ComplaintsBoard.com "
    Or go here:

All his 27 comments are against Viaddress:

You will see that this user "rr1200" is originally from:

then changed to:

(Pictures bellow)

We believe that readers are smart enough to realize why this dishonest competitor has resorted to writing fake comments about Viaddress.com, you simply have to look at the comparison tables on the Viaddress.com homepage to understand why the competitor Shipito is upset.

Picture 2: User's New location

Picture 3: User's Old location caught by Google Archive

• Dm
    DmitryKrolov Apr 20, 2010

All of the information in your fake complaint was taken directly from their website. This doesn't prove it was a fake complaint and you repeating it over and over looks very suspicious to me. Maybe public relations isn't a good field for you Sarah...

Anis10 Aug 07, 2010

Neither is the tone of your reply very professional - posting photographs, using capital letters and exclamation marks. I don't think so.

• Kr
    krinc Aug 28, 2010

They have low price shipping, free etc etc. BUT their respon are horrible! And if you guys ship to this company WITHOUT tracking number then say goodbye to your goods. YES, they stole my clothes! Bought items from ebay, forward to viaddress by USPS flat rate without tracking number and now they never reply my email everytime i asking this shipment. They were sent priority in a flat rate shipping box, so i know they arrived.

Beware!!!
    To viaddress team if you read this complaints : Unit # A920320

• Sh
    Shoesexy Sep 17, 2010

Elkhart, IN 46516

Hi Sarah here is one lady who needs help with her parcels i have paid VIADDRESS last week 185USD to ship my parcells to South Africa I have been waiting, please assist as i am now confused not sure whats happening on my desktop there is now no info about my parcels nothing.

Please i just need my parcells thats it please
    email [email protected] please help out.

• Gb
    gbaccin Sep 30, 2010

I have a request received and paid transportation to 15 days.
    I contact 5 times a day via email.
    and I totally unresponsive.

Company simply does not seem to exist.

my record: VIA9962395 September 15, 2010.

after the company receives the product and I pay shipping, the company simply does not answer more e-mail.

I was robbed by viaadress. company does not exist. is a scam to steal money from people ... WARNING ..

Martin Oct 28, 2010

The item bought on e-bay was delivered to VIAddress, but they have not sent it to me. It appears they just plainly stoled it.

I have called them and they lied to me that the item will be posted. This had happened already two times.

Unfortunately these are empty words. Nothing was posted.

Shameless ###.

• Me
    mehmet sait bilbil Oct 28, 2010

I am A927833 of viaddress member.
    I received my second packet today.But I am still waiting for 2 packets that already paid for them by paypal.
    I paid for my other packets by paypal but their situations of packets still seem as not paid for them.So I opened a dispute
    for this action on paypal.Viaddress contacted with me to close the dispute .We will close it after we will packets that we allready paid for.
    We will write here about our parcels on viaddress.

Andrea_vk Nov 08, 2010

@SHoesexy, did you ever receive your goods? I am trying to ocntact them but no luck.

Andrea_vk Nov 08, 2010

Martin, would love to know if you got your goods. I got some goods that I wnat them to ship them, they are in my suite but will not pay until I can speak to them.

Jay6009 Nov 19, 2010

I agree this is a scam.
    I've Emailed them more than 20 times over the past 3 mths regarding my item in my suite.
    Till now, there's no response.
    Even tried calling them but goes to voice mail.

gajraaj Nov 29, 2010

I have had 3 transactions with Viaddress till date, all of them without issues. However, my last (forth) one is stuck with them since 16 Nov. I have emailed them at least 10 times. Called them more than 100 times without response. On 19th Nov, I was able to speak to someone who promised to look into the matter. But now even their voicemail box is full and they do not bother to answer the phone.

I have a rather expensive item stuck with them which was a thanks giving gift for my daughter. I hope that I can get it by her birthday on 9/Dec.

I do not believe that they are a scam but just overwhelmed with the increase in the number of parcels they received and the issue they had with USPS. The person on the phone told me that USPS delivered more than a thousand packages in their warehouse on a single day.

However, its very un professional of viaddress to not answer emails and phone. If they cannot answer individual emails, they should post on their website that they are facing delays because of blah blah and that they are working to resolve the situation. Also, they should stop accepting new packages till the backlog is cleared.

I am waiting till 9/dec and then take action. If anyone is planning a legal action or a formal complaint against via address, please post a reply and we can do a joint complaint.

I live in Belgium and in no way related to viaddress or any of its competitors.

My suite ID is A918048
    My last shipment has been delivered via FEDEX tracking Id 4687 5813 1460 (signed by someone named s. Wedge)

• Wr
    wrjam Dec 03, 2010

Yes, I would like to take action as well. I had a response to my first email, saying 'stand by' but am not getting a response now. My package has been in their warehouse for about 5 weeks. My suit id is: A928818. I live in Australia, but come to the US a few times per year.

Markus69 Dec 03, 2010

I would join you in action against them also waiting for by items to ship my ID A916214 I life in Germany and the ordered item was a x-mas gift for my dauther - I am very angry.

• Tc
    T. Chan Dec 08, 2010

I would like to take legal action to against viaddress.

I am from Canada and waiting for any kind of update regarding my Amazon parcel since Nov 29.

The item was sent via USPS, tracking number 9102 9010 0129 8169 7650 00.

My viaddress unit number is A921933. It was sent to their old address at 530 E LEXINGTON AVE STE 135.

I will contact the Elkhart police and contact VISA if I don't hear from them by the end of the week. Time is running out, viaddress!

T. Chan

gajraaj Dec 08, 2010

I have sent 1800 emails to viaddress and made atleast 300 phone calls for my package that has not been added to my account. Thats what I do now in my spare time.

However, NO RESPONSE.

I guess they have already wound up and run away with the loot. Don't forget that there was huge inflow into viaddress due to the holiday season, esp thanksgiving.

I am now 100% sure that the people behind viaddress are professional thieves. They never steal your first or second package to gain your trust but the moment you ship an expensive one after that, it will be gone.

I am preparing to file a formal complaint against these scammer and prevent them from fooling other people like us.

IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST VIADDRESS.COM THAT CAN HELP ME SUBSTANTIATE MY/OUR COMPLAINT, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING.

Send and email to me at againstviaddress (at) gmail (dot) com
    with the following details.

Your details :
    Name :
    Address :
    Phone:
    email :

Shippng detais : (to contact you in case of refund/recovery)

Initial shipment carrier (from seller to viaddress) :
    Initial shipment tracking number :
    Item Value :

Status (where is the shipment now)
    Did viaddress add it to your shipping manager:
    Did viaddress ship it to you?
    Shipping promised by viaddress shipping calculator:
    Shipping charged by viaddress:

Your complaint description:

If possible, please send this on a word document.

Also, please post your negative reviews on as many sites as possible. (not only about viaddress but about any service that has cheated you)

Again, I am a victim of viaddress and not associated with any of its competitors. My deails are in the post below. Only that I have decide not to let these bugger go off so easlily.

Help me, help yourself and help other who might be thinking of joining viaddress.

• Kr
    krinc Dec 09, 2010

totally agree with gajraaj : " They never steal your first or second package to gain your trust but the moment you ship an expensive one after that, it will be gone. "

that is TRUE, they stolen my third package on Aug 2010 on my Unit # A920320

NEVER USE VIADDRESS.COM !!

Markus69 Dec 10, 2010

@gajraa
    Did you received already some claims/complaints on your mentioned e-mail ?
    Will send you my claim/complaint soon.
    May I ask you in which country you located and how do you think we can make legal actions against Viaddress - MAFIA !!!
    Maybe T.Chan can help effectice because he is located in Canada. I am located in Germany.
    Together we are strong ! and can hunt Viaddress down !
    Brgds Markus

• Di
    Dinar Jan 14, 2011

Hi,
    I also got the same problem. This is my 1st time using their service. Never get the parcel yet.

How can I get my item back? I'm using UPS service to sent my order to unit A932187 and signed by CASSI KNEDSON on Friday, 07/01/2011 at 14:56.

So sad, nothing happen on my shipping manager. No answer when using Desk Help.

Really appreciate if anyone can help me to get my stuff.

• Bt
    bte146 Jan 19, 2011

Hi, same thing for me, package was received by CASSI KNEDSON the 06/01/2011 at 13:43.
    In my shipping manager I use the "Ship Now" button, then I paid the shipment via paypal the 09/01/2011 and since that no news from viaddress, no tracking number, nothing else than my eyes to cry...

Benar Jan 31, 2011

Hello,
    Maybe this guy can help out or find a good excuse !!
    Mr. Jason Hass
    Logistics Manager
    Viaddress (Partnership; Logistics and Supply Chain industry)
    April 2007 — Present (3 years 10 months)

Benar Jan 31, 2011

Hello,
    The Reply from >>> see below
    It makes sence, , , , , so I will wait and see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have received the information on your complaint. I will be making contact with representatives from VIAddress in an attempt to assist you in resolving this issue. To be clear, this is NOT a criminal matter. VIAddress as a business is not attempting to steal anything from you or keep you from receiving the property that you purchased. There have been several issues, including a United States Postal Service quarantine, two warehouse relocations, and computer problems that have resulted in many issues. In many cases it is a matter of working out some details to get your problem resolved. With that said, there are certain things which you must do in order for this complaint to be resolved.

First, PAY FOR YOUR SHIPPING: If you have sent orders to VIAddress and are expecting them to forward them to another address you must FIRST pay for shipping. Once they have received confirmation of payment, then they will forward the shipment. If you initially paid for the shipping but have been refunded that money because it was taking too long; PAY FOR THE SHIPPING through Pay-Pal and you will receive your shipment. A majority of the complaints I have received have been due to the customer failing to pay for the shipping costs. VIAddress is under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to forward any packages that have not been fully paid for.

Second, concerns items not listed in your account. At times, a shipment will arrive at VIAddress, but will not be listed in your account. I can assure you, under most circumstances, your package is at the VIAddress warehouse, but has not been processed. They are very unorganized, and packages can easily be overlooked by their employees. Forward an email to [email protected] containing your name, unit number and the tracking numbers for the packages, and they will end up listed on your account.

Third, concerns accounts being deleted. Yes, there has been an issue with employees deleting accounts. I cannot give any reason or purpose for purging the records but it has happened. What you will need to do is forward an email to [email protected] containing your name, unit number, and any shipping tracking numbers that you have. VIAddress will be able to recreate an account for you, enter your packages and then get them shipped to you.

Fourth, be patient. For most people, the lack of patience is what caused their problems. I am receiving multiple complaints each day, and it will take time to work through all of the issues. Many of the complaint problems are “self inflicted”, by making an order, being impatient then filing a complaint with Pay-Pal, resulting in a refund from Pay-Pal. This causes your order to be placed on a shelf as storage until payment for the shipping is received by VIAddress. PAY FOR THE SHIPPING and then be patient and allow them time to get the order processed and shipped. Do not send VIAddress multiple emails concerning the same issue. This will only clutter their email and cause further delays in processing or resolving your complaint. I understand you may be frustrated because no one is answering the phone or responding to your emails. Due to their disorganization, the employees and management at VIAddress are overwhelmed by the shear number of complaints. There have also been several people who send over 250 emails in a weeks time. This number of emails bogs down the process as the employees then need to sort through nonsense to get to the information they need to process an order. Please, be patient. I will not promise you will receive everything you have shipped, but I will do what I can to make it happen. I am only one Officer, this is not a criminal matter, and I am only working this out of concern and as a courtesy to the customers.

Fifth, concerns additional information. Typically, VIAddress can assist me only having your name and email address. Additional helpful information includes your VIAddress Unit number, and any shipping or tracking numbers you can provide.

I understand the frustration you feel because you have made a purchase and have not received what you have paid for. I get that and so do those I contact at VIAddress. They do not appear to be trying to keep people from getting their orders. It looks like someone has rushed to judgment by calling this a “SCAM”, posting it on the internet and creating a panic. This panic is causing everyone to revoke their payments to Pay-Pal for shipping, causing hundreds of people to not receive their packages.

I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can regarding information on your complaint.

Ray Caples, Detective
    Elkhart County Sheriff Department
    [email protected]

• Sk
    SKTt Feb 01, 2011

My item arrived in their place about a week ago and no news of it appearing on the shipping manager page. It's a scam

Benar Feb 12, 2011

Hello All,

Just want to let you know that I received the goods arrived on February 7th in good condition.
    It took some time from January 4th until, but any way.
    They only overcharged me $60 for shipping according to their quote on their website.
    This seems to be an issue too for some other people.

Ray and James
    Thanks a lot for your help.

• Sw
    S.W. Smith May 13, 2011

I have used Viadress. I am an American living overseas. I use forwarding companies when I want an item delivered to me fast. I thought I had researched Viadress well, their website looked good and the reviews I had read were positive. They claim that you can choose the shipping method and tout that they will ship via DHL, FedEx, UPS and, for certian locations, USPS. When my items arrived with them they appeared in my account whithin a reasonable time. The problem started when I wanted to use DHL to ship my items. Viadress then told me that they could not ship DHL, only FedEx to my country. This was not aceptable to me as I do not use FedEx where I live. They are not able to deliver to my house and I have to go to their distribution center to receive anything.

Viadress did nt care, and after trying to get coherent responses from them, and failing, I reported the company to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB tried to contact Viadress and when they did not repond within a few days suggested I report them to the Indiana Attorney General. Suddenly Viadress started to respond to my issue and I had the items sent to my US address.

The responses Viadress gave were not satisfactory to me. In my opinion they are unethical and should not be trusted. What company would refuse to follow a customer's shipping preference when the customer said they would pay for the service?

One last issue, they charged me for 36 lbs to ship my item to my US address via FedEx, however, FedEx only charged them for 13.5 lbs.

Be sure that if you use this company you understand that they are difficult to deal with and they engage in, what I consider to be, unethical practices.

Try someone else...

Steve Smith

• Co
    Conq May 17, 2014

2011 -> 2014
    Viaddress, or after a name change is now called "Viabox", is still as bad as ever.

Not only that items arrive late in their shipping manager, what's worse is they ended up stating that they will require approximately the sum of "2 full weeks" just to ship out my shipments as per their slow responding customer care service, as I quote:

"We're sorry to hear this. Note that due to high volume requests for the past few weeks, there's a delay in processing repacks. We hope to finish your request next week."

- That quoted response above came one week after the items arrived in my shipping manager.

You have many MUCH safer "genuine" competitors such as our of my personal experience:
    1. http://myus.com/
    2. http://ws1.com/

Don't risk damaging your items, or spoiling your consumables.
    The slower the shipping forwarder service, the higher the risk for your items.

• Co
    Conq May 17, 2014

Typo from previous comment:
    You have many MUCH safer "genuine" competitors out of personal experience, such as:

• Ha
    HamzaShaykh Apr 25, 2017

viabox is the most trustworthy cargo service with lowest shipping rates and fastest service.

garden28 May 31, 2017

Try Viabox and you will enjoy the services without hiccups. I enjoy 75% lower shipping fees, photos before shipping and 180 days free storage with Viabox.

• Ic
    ichongs Aug 21, 2017

saya lebih suka menggunakan Viabox. selain harganya murah, pelayanannya juga cepat. yang terpenting tidka ada biaya lain yang tersembunyi.

• So
    someonewhoknowswhoyouare Jan 23, 2019

https://bsd.sos.in.gov/PublicBusinessSearch/Index search 'Elhassani' and "Viaddress" or "Viabox"
    https://bsd.sos.in.gov/PublicBusinessSearch Search "Elhassani"

Wake up. Stop giving these people your business

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices