Menu
VanDevere Chevrolet Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

VanDevere Chevrolet
reviews & complaints

www.chevyvandevere.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 17 Reviews

VanDevere Chevrolet Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
9 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with VanDevere Chevrolet at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of VanDevere Chevrolet. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

VanDevere Chevrolet reviews & complaints 17

Filter reviews by rating
8 reviews
Sort by:

Newest VanDevere Chevrolet reviews & complaints

S

VanDevere Chevrolet This company is a scam

This company is a scam. I paid lots of money for repairs, $250. I took my car in and they wanted $1,400. I took it to another shop and it didn't need anything they had stated.

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I just spent $462.95 on repairs, but when I drove home, the problem was still there

I just spent $462.95 on repairs, but when I drove home, the problem was still there. My coolant fluid was bubbling, even after I dropped off my car. It's frustrating because I'm out of money and my car is still not fixed. According to my receipt, the coolant problem was supposed to be fixed, but the same dirty fluid is still boiling in my coolant tank.

B

VanDevere Chevrolet Absolutely horrible service

Absolutely horrible service. They sold us a vehicle that has made it to the shop twice within less than a year, and the vehicle still doesn't run properly. We pay for all the extra insurance they said covered basically everything, and it doesn't cover anything at all. Over a $1,000 in repairs, and all they can say to us is "we're sorry you feel that way." Will never purchase another vehicle from this place.

Hide full review

Is VanDevere Chevrolet legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals VanDevere Chevrolet as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, VanDevere Chevrolet stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering VanDevere Chevrolet should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

VanDevere Chevrolet earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: VanDevere Chevrolet achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of VanDevere Chevrolet's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Chevyvandevere.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows VanDevere Chevrolet website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Chevyvandevere.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While VanDevere Chevrolet has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 9 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Chevyvandevere.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The chevyvandevere.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • VanDevere Chevrolet protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I bought a 2018 Cruze hatchback, but less than 24 hours later, it had to be towed back to the dealer for repairs

I bought a 2018 Cruze hatchback, but less than 24 hours later, it had to be towed back to the dealer for repairs. They messed up with the "Extended Warranty" that was supposed to be included in the car's price, but instead, they added it on and charged me for 3 "FREE" oil changes. They sold me a faulty car, and every time it needed fixing, it took longer than they promised. They didn't allow me to trade it in within the 5-day period as they claimed. They always found an excuse when I showed interest in other cars. I won't do business with them again and won't recommend them to anyone!

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet This place lies to get you in the door

This place lies to get you in the door. I had bought a car that was use. But was never told or showed that the car had damage to the car. Dings and scratches are one thing but these were definitely issues. Brought it in for a fix during vacation and the car was never fixed to the standards then when I waited to receive a call to get it fixed again and I found the person was on vacation but never reach out to me about that parts being in and then a manager of his tells me that its not there fault I bought it like it was. I was suppose to check it out and look for any imperfections smh. Bunch of crooks.

E

VanDevere Chevrolet I bought a car from VanDevere Chevrolet on Arlington Rd

I bought a car from VanDevere Chevrolet on Arlington Rd. I had the car for only 3 days when the headlight went out. I called the dealership and they told me to make an appointment at their service center. So, I did. But when I went there to get it fixed, they said the best they could do was cut the repair price in half. The car was supposed to have a 170 point safety inspection, but if it did, I wonder why the headlight was out, the tire was low on air, and the change oil light was on. It's gonna cost me a couple hundred dollars to change the headlight bulbs, which I don't think I should have to do just 3 days after buying the car. If it was an easy bulb change, I would do it myself, but you have to take off the front bumper or go through the wheel well, and that's not easy for someone like me.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet People gotta know 'bout the business stuff this company does

People gotta know 'bout the business stuff this company does. First, they messed up the price on their website for a new ride just to lure folks in. So I called 'em up and set a time to check it out. But no one bothered to mention that the price was wrong. When I showed up the next mornin', they finally spilled the beans 'bout the mistake and said they couldn't give me that price. I should've walked out right then and there, but instead, I ended up buyin' a used vehicle from 'em. Been dealin' with the same dang issue with the truck for two whole years now, with that darn check engine light keepin' on. I've taken it to their service department more times than I can count, and every time they tell me it's somethin' else, so I fork over the cash. Just moved to Virginia, and you can't pass inspection with a check engine light on. So I took it to a local *** dealer nearby. Turns out, they had to redo everythin' that *** did to my truck, especially the wires. I ain't never takin' my ride to *** again, that's for sure. Someone better look into this company 'cause their business practices seem mighty shady. Folks gotta know what kinda work they do.

G
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I got some work done at this dealership, but they didn't finish it properly

I got some work done at this dealership, but they didn't finish it properly. They were not helpful and tried to charge me for unnecessary parts. They decided to replace the engine even though it wasn't faulty. We had a meeting with *** VanDevere to sort out the issues, but they only offered to replace the whole engine. I know a bit about cars, and when they gave it back to me, there were no engine problems, just the same issue I brought it in for. They ignored the original repair because they didn't do what was needed. To make things worse, they threatened to tow my car to an impound if I didn't pick it up. Just before they loaded it onto the tow truck, I checked the coolant and there was none. I also noticed that a coil pack hadn't been put back in. This is really dangerous because it can cause a fire with the fuel pressure. I could have died! I have a video of it too.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I was given wrong info when I bought my car 'bout the warranty an' where to get it serviced

I was given wrong info when I bought my car 'bout the warranty an' where to get it serviced.

Y

VanDevere Chevrolet Car didn't come with the necessary 2 key fobs or manual

Car didn't come with the necessary 2 key fobs or manual. They sent them, but the fob needs a $150 fee to program. I think they should cover this cost.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I just found out from *** warranty forever that my warranty ain't valid no more

I just found out from *** warranty forever that my warranty ain't valid no more. I got an oil change today and just out of curiosity, I asked why they never flushed my transmission fluid. They always give you all this paperwork saying that if you don't get oil changes on time, your warranty is voided. They even mention stuff like cabin air filters, spark plugs, and radiator flushes, but they never mention the transmission fluid flush. I asked the service advisor to show me the mileage and he suggested I call *** warranty. So I did, and they told me I should have been reading the fine print. I just don't get it, the service advisor tells you about everything else, but this guy says everything is voided. I bought two vehicles from this company, but I ain't going back. This ain't fair, I really want an answer.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet We brung our *** Silverado truck in for service with VanDevere on the evening of Wednesday, June 9th

We brung our *** Silverado truck in for service with VanDevere on the evening of Wednesday, June 9th. We went to pick it up on Monday, June 21st. After paying for the service and being given the keys back, we found the truck wasn't parked where it was supposed to be. A technician tried to help us locate it in VanDevere's service lot with no luck. After about 30 minutes, we concluded that the truck had been stolen from the dealer and filed a police report. We spoke with VanDevere's general manager to see what the next steps were and what they could help us with. We was told they had no responsibility for the incident and it was no different than if our truck had been stolen from any other business' parking lot. After questioning this via several phone calls with various members of VanDevere's team, they did end up submitting an insurance claim. However, they refused to give us a loaner car or refund the service amount.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I need oil change, front head light, and my air conditioning/radio not working

I need oil change, front head light, and my air conditioning/radio not working. I got forever warranty on my car so I always go to Vandevere. My 1st appointment was on September 3rd at 7:45am. At noon I called to check on my car and I called again at 1pm because I had to go to my second job at 2pm. No one worked on my car. I had to reschedule for September 14th at 7:30am. I called at 1pm and got a text at 2pm saying the person working on my car was pulled to work on another car. I was scheduled for September 15th at 7:30am but I got a text at 6am saying they would contact me to reschedule for next week and I will get a free oil change. I still not been contacted. I even left a voicemail with a manager who never called me back. I bought 3 cars from them and I won't do that again because I can't get my car serviced and why someone was pulled from my car to fix someone else's. Also I was told to get the headlight fixed at Autozone.

D

VanDevere Chevrolet I got a car from Vandevere Chevrolet

I got a car from Vandevere Chevrolet. They said it has a Bumper to Bumper warranty, so I thought I'd be worry-free, you know? But man, I've had to take it to their shop and to Ron Marhofer for my hvac system repairs three times since November. First, it was blowing hot air when everything was off. They told me to mess with the dash settings and it should fix itself. Two weeks ago, I came out of a restaurant and there was water dripping from the inside of my windshield. Look at the pic I attached. Every mechanic at every shop says that ain't normal. But because they can't make it happen during a test drive, they say it can't be fixed? The Vandevere mechanic even said he drove my leased vehicle (with miles on it) 45 miles one way to his house. I reached out to Chevy, but they've been giving me the runaround for two weeks. My senior advisor *** hasn't even bothered to call me back. I waited on hold for 34 minutes just to talk to her on April 11. She said she'd talk to her boss and see what they can do for me. She said they'd call me back in 24 hours, but it's been three days. I called again on April 13 and they told me my case was CLOSED! Then *** opened it again. Still no call. Today, two days later, I called again. No answer. No call back. I talked to someone on their text app, but they didn't give me any answers either. Everything is still open and unanswered. Tomorrow morning, I'm taking the loaner back and picking up my car from Ron Marhofer (even though it's not fixed). I've saved and documented everything. I got photos, screenshots, whatever you need. All I want is for the car I'm paying for to work like it's supposed to. I get that they can't make it happen while they have my car, but you'd think a picture of water dripping from the INSIDE of my windshield would be enough. The attached pic shows after I wiped the driver's side. It looks like the condensation is coming from the dash blowers or something.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I got all the warranties when I bought this car from VanDevere Chevrolet and I'm still making monthly payments for them

I got all the warranties when I bought this car from VanDevere Chevrolet and I'm still making monthly payments for them. I got the Warranty forever and the Tire warranty. I went to the dealership because my tire pressure light was on, and they said they fixed it and that the light would go off after driving for 10 miles. But it didn't go off. The second time, they reset the light and told me to come back if it came back on. The third time, the maintenance guy said he couldn't fix it because he needed a special tool, a diagnostic machine, which would take over 4 hours. On 1/11, they couldn't fix it. On 2/20, they couldn't fix it. On 3/18, they couldn't fix it. On 2/5/22, it still wasn't fixed. On 4/15/22, it still wasn't fixed. I also asked them to fix something that was on recall, but they said they needed to pressure test it and charged me for a diagnostic fee. The warranty was for a 2017 *** Civic with VIN *** and the Warranty Extension was for 2016 - 21 Civic A/C Condenser. They refused to honor the recall without explaining why and said I needed to recharge it first. I waited for over 5 hours for a leak test, but they couldn't find a leak and said the recall didn't matter. They told me to drive it after recharging to see if it would leak out. The car still wasn't warm. At that point, I couldn't deal with their runaround anymore. On 4/30/22, I went to another place and they fixed the Tire Light and the *** Condenser, and the car was fixed. They fixed it the first time I went there in 3 hours. I don't understand why I had to go to VanDevere Chevrolet 5 times and they couldn't honor a recall or fix a tire light. I feel like they lied to me and wasted hours of my time. I want an apology, discount, or refund for my wasted time, and an explanation for why they don't honor recalls and can't fix a Tire Pressure system. This needs to be looked into for the sake of future customers.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet I bought a 2017 Ford Transit from VanDevere Chevrolet in Akron, Ohio on November 23

I bought a 2017 Ford Transit from VanDevere Chevrolet in Akron, Ohio on November 23. My saleswoman, ***, told me they don't service the van and advised me to take it to the main dealership for warranty service. I brought it in on the 28th with a list of concerns. On the 29th, *** called me to discuss the warranty deductible, which is $100. I expected to pay only that amount for the hub bearing replacement, coil pack problem, van chip reprogramming (to remove the 75 mph limit), and the non-functioning windshield wiper.

However, on December 1, I received a call from ***, stating that I owed $419.60 and that there was nothing wrong with the van. They charged me two separate service fees of $115.00 and $219.97 for the same vehicle. Additionally, they charged me $74.00 for an unauthorized oil change, lube, and filter. Jen, who I spoke to, was very rude and insisted that I take the van to Ford to have the governor removed, claiming that it was causing the misfiring and rough shifting. However, I can still hear the hub bearing noise while driving, and the misfiring persists.

I contacted Ford service and scheduled an appointment. They suggested that the issue might be with the coil pack or fuel injector, and they also mentioned that a vehicle with 190,000 miles should definitely have the hub bearings replaced. They clarified that the van doesn't have a governor; it's programmed into the keys using a smart system. Ford's service fee for a comprehensive inspection is $120.00.

VanDevere Chevrolet was ill-equipped to handle the job and fabricated excuses to take my money, which I needed for bills. I had just made a down payment on the van a week prior. Moreover, the oil change, lube, and filter should have been free since the van had never been serviced before I purchased it. It's disheartening to see businesses operate with a criminal mindset and think it's acceptable to get away with it. I should have never been charged for these issues.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

VanDevere Chevrolet To whom it may concern, I bought a used vehicle from VanDevere a few years ago because they claim to be a Christian-based business

To whom it may concern, I bought a used vehicle from VanDevere a few years ago because they claim to be a Christian-based business. The jeep I purchased had some obvious issues, but the dealership promised to fix them and make sure the vehicle was running properly. However, in the first couple of years, I had to take the vehicle to the garage so often that it seemed like it might qualify as a lemon under the law. I had also bought an expensive warranty that was supposed to cover everything except windshield wipers, tires, brakes, and the muffler. The sales manager even suggested I get windshield replacement because jeeps are known for broken windshields. They assured me that as long as I kept up with the maintenance, they would replace the engine and drivetrain if anything went wrong. Now, as my 100,000-mile maintenance approaches, they're telling me I need to spend almost $900 to maintain the vehicle in order to keep the warranty.

I've had constant arguments with them about my warranty coverage. They would imply that my warranty only covered part of the repairs, even though I had purchased the most expensive warranty package, called the gold package. After a lot of stress, they would always agree to honor the warranty and fix the vehicle without charging me extra.

During my most recent maintenance visit, my vehicle was halfway inside the garage when the door suddenly came down on top of it. I was shocked and got out of the vehicle, but the people at the desk didn't even move. My husband, who was waiting outside, saw what happened and couldn't believe it. He noticed that the paint on the top of the vehicle had been scratched off. I asked the service representative if she saw the garage door coming down on my jeep, and she said the doors are time-sensitive. I asked to speak to the manager, but he was immediately rude and unhelpful. He told us to wait while he checked the security camera footage. We waited for 30 minutes, but he came back and said he couldn't reach the security people to review the footage. He promised to look at it himself and get back to me later that day. However, when I returned to pick up my jeep, they hadn't looked at the footage yet and said maybe they could do it the next day. I never heard back from the manager, even after leaving voicemails. I also left a voicemail for another person in charge, but he was still rude and told me I needed to provide evidence of what happened through pictures and videos. I couldn't take a video, but I did take pictures after the incident because no one wanted to take responsibility. It was clear that the door malfunctioned and the people at the desk and the manager knew it right away. I showed them the damage to my jeep's top, but they didn't seem to care. (see attachments)

VanDevere Chevrolet Customer Reviews Overview

VanDevere Chevrolet, located at chevyvandevere.com, is a highly reputable and trusted dealership in the automotive industry. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction, they have garnered numerous positive reviews from satisfied customers.

One of the standout features of VanDevere Chevrolet is their extensive inventory of Chevrolet vehicles. Whether you're in the market for a sleek sedan, a versatile SUV, or a powerful truck, they have a wide range of options to suit every need and preference. Customers appreciate the variety of choices available, allowing them to find the perfect vehicle that meets their requirements.

In addition to their impressive selection, VanDevere Chevrolet is known for their exceptional customer service. The dealership's staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to go the extra mile to assist customers. From the moment you step foot into the showroom until the completion of your purchase, you can expect a seamless and enjoyable experience.

VanDevere Chevrolet's commitment to transparency and honesty is another aspect that customers appreciate. They provide detailed information about each vehicle, including its specifications, features, and pricing. This level of transparency helps customers make informed decisions and ensures that there are no surprises during the buying process.

Furthermore, VanDevere Chevrolet offers competitive pricing and attractive financing options. Customers have praised the dealership for their fair pricing and the ability to find affordable financing solutions. This makes owning a Chevrolet vehicle more accessible and affordable for a wide range of customers.

Overall, VanDevere Chevrolet has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their extensive inventory, exceptional customer service, transparency, and competitive pricing. If you're in the market for a Chevrolet vehicle, chevyvandevere.com is a reliable and trustworthy dealership that will exceed your expectations.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

VanDevere Chevrolet contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with VanDevere Chevrolet?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with VanDevere Chevrolet Customer Service. Initial VanDevere Chevrolet complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for VanDevere Chevrolet above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about VanDevere Chevrolet. Discuss the issues you have had with VanDevere Chevrolet and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.