UverseLies regarding its functionality

They are ripping people off. They say "self install" regarding internet. But when I got the product, I found that it wouldnt work. I called the tech out and he told me that I need to have a direct phone line coming from outside to the router, without having any splices in it. No one told me that. The type of router I was given cannot use filters either. I was given The right modem, but there is no real practical way a guy can run their own electric. the average person thinks this is like any other At&t internet. But this? this is clearly a rip off. What if I lived in an apartment on the 3rd floor!? So because the tech came in, I get a 55 dollar bill and another 55 for running the line and jack! there was no real way that I could have done that myself, as I am handicapped.

• Bt
    Btaylor5 Sep 25, 2014

I moved from Louisville, KY to West Palm Beach, FL about 3 months ago. I called to have my Uverse services transferred. I was told that I could not have Uverse at my new condo in Florida. They said I could have DSL. I asked them to cancel/transfer my account (basically whatever they needed to do to get internet at my new location). I did receive the new DSL service but they failed to cancel my services in Louisville, KY. I called back multiple times because I continued to receive a bill for Uverse. I talked to multiple people who told me it was taken care of yet I continued to receive a Uverse. I have since cancelled all services with AT&T due to lack of customer service, training and horrible internet service/connection. The people working there have no idea what they are doing. I talked to the 6th person on this today and I have been told it has been taken care of. I'll believe it when I see it.

I will never again use AT&T and I encourage everyone else to look for a different service provider.

Boiling Mad Jun 17, 2014

Thanks - those are good ideas - we use the window envelope that UVerse provides so I don't think that is what is going on in this case. I think I do need to find a better way to see that they get their money on time, but I posted my complaint to see if others were having my same problem and also to "vent" about the awful customer service (or lack thereof) I received yesterday. Thanks again for sharing your solution.

• Fr
    Fred314 Jun 17, 2014

Check the address. If there is some small error, or the address has changed, your mail will be routed to a regional sorting center where it will wait for somebody to look up the correct address. I pay my bills on a cash back credit card - instead of paying for postage. Then I use a bank transfer to pay the credit card, no postage, no fees.

Boiling Mad Jun 16, 2014

And one more thing, we have never been late in paying until something odd has happened twice in the past three months. Both payments that they said were late were mailed at least 10 days before payment was due.

Boiling Mad Jun 16, 2014

No, the check was mailed in on May 21 and wasn't due until June 1st. It hasn't cleared the bank, so obviously, the check either hasn't arrived or for some reason, UVerse hasn't cashed it. Regardless, I didn't need a heifer or anyone else treating me as if I were a deadbeat. We have been UVerse customers for more than three years and have never missed a payment. And that's the rest of the story.

• Fr
    Fred314 Jun 16, 2014

You are paying late. You are trying to wait until the last possible moment to mail in your payment. It's like when you were in school and didn't study until the night before the test. The heifer didn't need to talk to you about anything. Mail it in on time or pay the fee. The heifer at Time Warner will tell you the same.

• Sc
    SCCDL Jun 16, 2014

Uverse bills have been creeping up and lately they have been dinging us with late charges - twice in the last three months. We pay our bills on time and always have. They try to blame it on the Post Office but we mail our bills in (so we are Old School but hey, we pay our bills!). Normally they are nice to work with, but I got the Mother of All Attitudes from one of them today. Arrogant, condescending and not at all helpful. When I told her that I was sorely tempted to switch back to Time Warner, which I sincerely am contemplating, she said "fine." I didn't use any bad language and I didn't yell - promise - but this heifer was so full of herself it was infuriating. Kept my cool but if this is the kind of jerks they are hiring, I'm done with them.

• Fo
    fooks Jun 18, 2012

Ordered install of AT&T Uverse. Tech arrived Thursday Jun14th. Suppose to take up to 4 hours. It took 7. When he left the phone and internet did not work. Called Friday---talked to several people---was disconnected from twice "by accident". Called Saturday. Called Sunday. Phone and internet came back on late Sunday night Jun 17th. DSL email account I've had with them for 5 years did not get rolled over into the UVerse account. My DSL account is inaccessible and tech support was not able to do the rollover. This whole process from start till now has been abysmal. I am checking out another phone/internet provider option. As soon as I get my equipment I have ordered and contact the other provider for install, I am dropping AT&T. The only thing I've got from UVerse was 4 days of screwed up phone/internet and a lost e-mail account. Nice Going!

notter43 May 23, 2011

For the last couple weeks the Uverse service has been bad. Thare have been so many service drop-outs that watching TV or using the internet have been difficult. Trying to find an email address to send them a complaint is almost impossible and when you do find one, you get no response. In the past I have considered getting their phone service too, but with so many service drop-outs, I am very glad that I never did it.

• Ge
    GerH74 Jan 29, 2010

We have been trying to get UVERSE installed since 1/6/10. On 1/6 the inside installer was to show between 9-11AM and did not show until 5:35PM and was unsuccessful in getting it to work. He called in a ticket and said that UVERSE would be out on 1/7/10 to fix the connection. Never Happen, No Call, Nothing! I called NO SERVICE at 5:11PM and after being on the phone for 30 minutes, they said a new appointment is set for 1/26/10. I said it was unaccepable and he (Rick) told me that is the way it is! I asked to have my DSL with ATT back and after being on hold so long, my cordless phone went DEAD and they did NOT call me back when they had my cell phone!! On 1/8/10 a technician showed up at our door and realized that he had to go to the box down the street to switch it back to DSL and then I finally had internet back on 1/8/10. Jan 27, Cory, an outside technician from UVERSE comes and says he has the UVERSE lines tested and working and switched off the DSL to UVERSE thus no internet connection. Corey stated that UVERSE internal technician would be out that same day to set the UVERSE up. UVERSE never called us. We called UVERSE at 7:11PM and spoke to Dan in Arizona who promised that the installer would be at out home on 1/27/10 between 9-11AM. NO SHOW again, NO CALL from UVERSE again! We called UVERSE customer service (HA) at 11:10AM and spoke to Brian and said there was a facility issue (that was the issue on 1/7/10) and that he would get a supervisor to call us back ASAP. NO CALL BACK again! Jan 28/10 we spoke to Crystal at 3:45PM and the install date changed to a ridiculous 2/8/10 and that a supervisor would call us. NO CALL AGAIN! We need our old DSL ATT back since no UVERSE. No one is helping or understands the issue.