USA Locksmithoutrageous price & sloppy workmanship

R

Do NOT use this company for lockout services! I locked myself out of my home and a friend contacted USA locksmith for service. The young man attempted to open the door w/ pin apparatus for about 5 min and then proceeded to sloppily drill the key hole core and ruined the decorative plate surroundingthe handle. As he handed me the bill for $187 he assured me that my insurance would cover the tab. Needless to say the insurance company does not cover this service unless it is in the case of a burlary and this guy exited having spent a total of about 10 min and did not even bother to clean up the metal shavings from drilling!! This company way overcharges although they give an initial quote similar to other locksmiths. Do not use usa locksmith. It is worth the wait for someone local with a good reputation.

• Ka
    Katy Apr 24, 2008

First, I would like to say THANK YOU to all of the other people who have posted their experiences with this company. You saved me from making a huge mistake.

My husband and I needed our attic door opened. (It was locked, we didn't know where the keys were and someone was coming the next day that needed access to the attic to install a new a/c unit.) I looked online until I found what I thought was a local locksmith company, so I called. They told me that they would be there at 11, and the charge would be $55 plus labor. That's great, I thought- so I waited. 11 came and went, no one showed up. I called again, they told me that there was an emergency with a woman being locked out of her car and her baby was inside, so my technician had gone there instead, and that another technician was on his way. This technician called me about an hour later, and told me that he was 2 minutes away. Again, I thought, great! They're late, but that's okay- they'll get it done.

30 minutes went by- so I called the number that the technician had called me from. He told me that he had gotten in a car accident, and he was waiting on the police- so they would have to send me another technician. I called dispatch at this point. (This was about 1:00) They said there was another person on his way. I said fine, getting a little perturbed. Then I decided to google this company, and I found this website. I also found the better business bureau website, talking about locksmith companies ripping people off that had practices suspiciously like this one. At that point, I decided that I was going to cancel my appointment- it was 1:50 and no one had shown up, and the more I read the more uncomfortable I got, being a woman, in my house, all alone. So I called the number back and told them that I would like to cancel my appointment, because I had been waiting and they were now almost 3 hours late. The guy who answered the phone was incredibly rude, after I told him this, and argued with me about canceling, telling me that the locksmith had driven 40 minutes to come do this job and he was only 5 minutes away. I said that I had heard that already today, and I didn't care- I wanted to cancel, because they hadn't kept their end of the deal. He hung up on me.

A minute or so later, my phone rings. It's him again, and he says (in a very nasty tone) "I forgot to tell you, there's a $55 cancellation fee." I said, "Oh no there's not- I'm not paying- you guys didn't show up!!" Then- this is what scared me- he got really nasty. He started telling me that he was going to call the police and have me arrested- when I talked back to him, incredulous that this is even happening, he told me that I had better turn myself in right now, because they were going to come and arrest me. Verbal intimidation of the worst kind. I told him to go ahead and have the police come to my house, I would like to explain to them what was going on and get their opinions, and that he didn't even have to call if he didn't want to- I would. Then I hung up the phone.

2 minutes later, there's a knock on my door. When I looked outside, it was a man in an unmarked regular white car, with no uniform on, nothing. After my confrontation on the phone, there was no way in the world I was opening that door being a young woman at home by myself. I was literally shaking with fear (that they would try to open my door, being locksmiths and all) and anger (because of the way I had been treated).

The man hung around for a few minutes, called my cell phone 3 times, and then left. I also received a call from dispatch at this time- I didn't answer. I called my husband and told him what had happened. He asked for the number and called them, and let them know that in no uncertain terms that if they ever called his wife and threatened her again, that there would be huge consequences. They were backpedaling furiously with him, apologizing and saying that they couldn't believe that I was treated that way.

From my experience, this company seems to prey on women. Beware! I can only imagine that if they were trying to use that kind of verbal intimidation on the phone, that in person it would have been so much worse. Scary.

Thank you to everyone who shared your experiences- you saved me a great deal of trouble, and probably money.

• Bo
    Bonnie Jul 02, 2008

These guys are not a local company as they claim to be. They charged me $11o to cut the lock off of my scooter and charged a $39.50 service fee on top of that. It took this guy between 4 and 5 minutes!
    I called the company to see how the price was determined and the guy could not give me a clear answer. First it was the security level of the lock... then it was what kind of tools he had to use (he did not have to use a saw or a drill... he used cutters!). My advice to you? Make sure you call a LOCAL locksmith - a good old mom and pop place that isn't going to rip you off!!!

• Vi
    Virginia ripoff Jul 25, 2008

Do not deal with any with this company or any of its su-companies!!

I needed locks rekeyed for a rental property and did online search for closest company to the property...called the company (24-Hour Emergency Locksmith, Jefferson Davis Highway)...set the appointment and was quoted the fees for rekeying. On day of service, an unmarked personal car showed up with "locksmith" saying it would take approx. 1 1/2 hours to rekey 2 deadbolts and 2 door handle locks. Two plus hours later, the new key did open the lock but you could not get the key out unless you pulled "just right". The guy said it would easily work in a day or two with use and that was the best he could do!

I left the key on site for plumbers to get in the next day and they could not get the key out of the deadbolt lock which caused an array of new problems. Calling the [protected] number on the business card connected me to a call center in TEXAS! Don't even attempt to connect to customer service because you will stay on hold forever. The problem is still unresolved. My suggestion for other consumers - do not let a anyone with unmarked company vehicle without proper key making equipment on site do any work on your locks. If all they have is a small box with key parts in it with a file to make keys...ask them to leave.

Catrice Aug 07, 2008

Well I'm very sorry to hear about the way some of u were treated but I had a totally different experince with this company. Eventhough I did have a little issue about them not arriving at the time that they said they would. I was told that the locksmith would arrive around 2pm however he did not show up until 3:30pm. But when he did show up he was very kind and gt the job done at a fast pace and I also go a disscount for his not being on time. So I had a pretty good experince with this and will come them back any day if I need there services.

Catrice Aug 07, 2008

Well I had a totally different experince with this company, eventhought they did not show up on time, they end up doing a very good and at a reasonable price I was happy with the work that was done and would not have a problem using this company again.

Carolyn Aug 08, 2008

I agree 100%!! They stink! I called them to let me back into my place during late June 2017, I am still dealing with them to have them fix my lock. It is August 2017. Not only do they not return phone calls, they don't show up when they make appointments with you. If you need a locksmith, do yourself a favor and call someone else!!! I'm about to put my charges for 4 visits into dispute...The $180 to drill my lock, the $85 to change the lock and now $35 to have it matched to my other door lock. What a waste!!! $300 for one lockout. Call someone else!! Anyone!

LELAND IMM Aug 15, 2008

Blog of David Filiatrault
    Be Aware: Locksmith Scam
    May. 30th, 2017 | 02:43 pm

The following is from a co-worker would like to help others avoid being scammed:
    I wanted to make you all aware of a locksmith scam that has swept/is sweeping the country, and that I happened to get scammed by when I was locked out of my apartment recently. The scam is run by a company called USA Locksmith, which has many different aliases.
    They list fake local addresses in the phone book all around the country that are all connected to a phone bank in Hackensack, NJ (their "local addresses" in Hoboken are actually a Chinese food restaurant and City Hall). The phone bank then routes the calls out to often-unregistered, untrained "locksmiths" that operate out of unmarked cars in communities all around the U.S. They will give you a low estimate before they come out, ask for your credit card information, and then when they get there they virtually immediately tell you that your lock can't be picked, then will say they have to drill through your existing lock in order to get you in. This is often unnecessary (it should only be a last resort), and requires you to buy highly marked up locks from them that are of shoddy quality (for example, a $20 lock for $150). In several cases (including mine), they said there was a woman with a baby locked in the car and they had to rush, so they rush the job before they give you a final estimate and then hand you a bill that is much higher than the initial estimate (in my case, close to 600.00, in some cases over 1500 dollars).
    In most cases, people get the numbers for these fake local businesses from 411, in other cases, people call one of hundreds of numbers in their communities that get routed back to the same call center in Hackensack (many of the "businesses" in the phone book are not listed as USA Locksmith in the phone book and have names like "Anytime Anywhere Locksmith" or "Emergency Locksmith", but the calls are routed to USA Locksmith's Hackensack location.
    The company has over fifty complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau, they have had their BBB affiliation revoked in several areas, multiple state attorney generals have successfully prosecuted them, and they are being investigated by numerous consumer protection agencies for fraud. They are known as the "locksmith mafia" because there are indications they are connected to organized crime networks, and because they use threats to intimidate both their competition and unhappy clients. However, they have proven very difficult to shut down completely.
    Warning signs that you may be dealing with a local "arm" of this company:
    *They answer the phone "locksmith" instead of the particular business name that you think you called *They are evasive when you ask for a physical address or the physical address they give you belongs to another business or doesn't exist *They are evasive when you ask for a full estimate prior to the work *They show up in an unmarked vehicle *The locksmith cannot show you his/her registration number *They say almost immediately that they'll have to drill your lock.
    *They do not ask for personal identification to make sure that you have authority to have the particular lock opened (i.e. that you live at your house).
    Please protect yourself and your pockets. This is a serious crime ring that has affected thousands of people, including acts of physical intimidation. They are very savvy at the kind of fraud they engage in, and it is best to just avoid getting involved with them in the first place.
    USA Locksmith is either simply another arm of one of these companies or a company operating under the same model. You can also google "USA Locksmith scam" and see numerous personal stories of people that were affected by this scam.

Sandy Carmicheals Aug 22, 2008

I was not to sure about using this ccompany but I had no other choice. I was very stressed out because all the other lockmith companies that I was calling puting me on hold. So I had to call USA hoping that I would not have issues with them. The dispach told me that someone would be arriving to me in about 30mins so I waited and waited and waited and and soon 30mins turned into an 1hour and a half, and went he finally showed up he did the job and charged me the price that I told on the phone. So at the end of the day I was happy other than the time wait.

• Me
    Melvin Peters Oct 01, 2008

I recently had to, to call a locksmith to open the door to my home I after I locked my keys inside, when I called information, USA Locksmith was the number that they gave me. So when I call for a technician to come I was told that someone would be there in about 30mins, and that it would cost $39.99 plus a service charge so I agree, the technician finally came out and did the job and I only had to pay $95 and I was happy with that and the work that was done. And I would not have a problem with calling them again, A very helpful and dependable company. Their only flaw is the time it takes them to come out. However when they do come the job gets done.

Mary Bishop Oct 01, 2008

I was refered to USA Locksmith by a friend and when I locked myself out of my car one night, So I called them to help me out and the dispacther told me that someone would be out to help me in about 25 to 30 mins. I was very cold and it was starting to rain so I was really prayin that someone would come out fast. So after about 20 mins the tech came and it only took him less than 5mins 2 open the lock. And was charged $105, I was not mad at all about having to pay that amount. because the job was done good and in a orderly fashion and I was happy with the job. ;)

• Di
    Diana B Oct 01, 2008

I had a tenant who locked himself out of his apartment. He called USA Locksmith. They came out and charged me $248.00 to get him in and to replace the deadbolt he damamged. Never use this company again. Diana

LELAND IMM Oct 19, 2008

BBB Warns Consumers of Nationwide Locksmith Swindle You may have been a victim and not even know it. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) today is warning consumers to beware of untrustworthy locksmith companies that are ripping off consumers across the country. Victim complaints to the BBB reveal that several locksmith companies, all using similar methods, are significantly overcharging consumers, charging consumers for unnecessary services, using intimidation tactics, and failing to give refunds or respond to consumer complaints. “Ironically, these companies operate under names like ‘Dependable Locksmith’ but in reality they exploit the vulnerable situation of consumers who are locked out of their house or car, ” said Edward Johnson, President of the BBB. “We’ve found that some locksmiths have made taking advantage of consumers’ misfortune part of their business model.” Complaints about locksmith services to the 114 BBBs serving the U.S. increased almost 75 percent from 2017 to 2017, and have continued to come in steadily during the first half of this year. The BBB has identified Dependable Locksmith – which operates under more than a dozen different names – as a particularly disreputable locksmith. This company poses as a local locksmith in cities across the country and advertises in the yellow pages using local phone numbers and fake local addresses. A consumer might think they’re dealing with a local locksmith but their phone call is actually connected to a call center located in the Bronx borough of New York City. Consumers in the mid­Atlantic region are quoted a reasonable price over the phone but when the locksmith arrives – typically in an unmarked vehicle – he demands significantly more money than originally quoted, often only accepting cash. A complaint where Dependable Locksmith was operating under the name “Superb Solutions, ” alleges the company quoted fees of $39 and $84 for separate jobs, but the bill ended up at $471, which included add­on fees such as a $65 breaking in fee and a $58 fee to uninstall old locks. Another complainant reported that the locksmith sent to let her into her car demanded she pay twice the price quoted over the phone. The locksmith offered to drive her to an ATM to get cash – feeling unsafe the victim refused. The victim was ultimately forced to write a check made out personally to the locksmith as he would not let her into her car until she did so. She cancelled payment on the check the next morning, but eventually filed a police report after the locksmith harassed her with continuous phone calls about payment. The BBB has also heard many complaints from victims who say they were charged for unnecessary services. For example, complainants suspect locksmiths sent over by Dependable Locksmiths of pretending they couldn’t simply pick the lock so that they could charge more and install all new locks in homes.

Some of Dependable Locksmith’s aliases include, Superb Solutions, Locksmith 24 Hour, Inc., USA Total Security, Priceline Locksmith, and S.O.S. Locksmith. Two other locksmith contractors fleecing consumers are Basad, Inc. – which operates under more than 50 names nationwide, such as A­1 Locksmith Service, A­1 24 Hour Locksmith, A­1 Lock & Key Locksmith, and AAA Locksmith 24 Hour – and Liberty Locksmith. Similar to Dependable Locksmith, they pose as local locksmiths and run full­page yellow pages ads with multiple phone and address listings. The phone numbers appear to be local, but connect to national call centers such as Liberty’s in New York City, while the addresses end up belonging to other established businesses in the local area, or are simply non­existent. “These companies are very good at posing as trustworthy locksmiths, ” said Mr. Johnson. “Before you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being locked out of your car or house, do your research and find a truly dependable locksmith in your area. Ask around and always check with the BBB first to find reputable businesses.” If you feel you’ve been taken advantage of by Dependable Locksmith, Liberty Locksmith, Basad. Inc., or others, please contact the BBB to file a complaint, or do so online at www.mybbb.org. # # #

LELAND IMM Nov 26, 2008

OptionsDisable Get Free Shots
    Bad Company
    Just another WordPress.com weblog
    « The great Bidz.com jewelry scamUSALocksmiths.com - Worst of the worst
    By sparrowshead
    USALocksmiths.com manages to combine good old-fashioned scamming with threatening-behavior and taking advantage of single women trapped outside their apartments. There are early-hints that the pricing isn’t exactly transparent, as shown by their online voucher:

This company will likely be the first recommendation when you call 1800-FREE-411. One of their representatives will then tell you three lies, all making you feel like you’re dealing with a professional company while setting you up for a massive amount of scamming:

A 30-minute arrival guarantee, which will turn into a couple of hours. By the time the guy arrives and gives you an outrageous bill, you haven’t much choice since you’ve already spent so long outside.
    A $55 call-out fee, and a time-based charge, which is a total fabrication. Our investigations indicate that nobody pays less that $170, the average time to open a door is about 10 minutes, which works out at about $1020 per hour.
    The ability to pay by credit card (and Paypal, according to their website), when in fact they will only take cash. The reason is to avoid chargebacks, or any type of recourse, once you realize you’ve been scammed. Check out the “waiver of rights” they force people to sign: “Customer is satisfied and has no complaints, and ALL charges are undisputable”.
    A personal story.
    One of our readers recalls her story. Locked out of her San Francisco apartment, she called 1800-FREE-411 for a locksmith, and USALocksmiths.com arrived two hours later, having previously pledged arrival within 30 minutes. Our reader doesn’t live in the safest of areas, so was happy when the locksmith arrived. He looked at her lock (and most likely at her Coach purse too) and decided arbitrarily it would cost $215. When she protested, he started packing up to leave. Desperately, she agreed, and he opened her front door in less than 60 seconds. When she offered him her credit card, he refused, entered the apartment and demanded cash. He then refused to leave until she signed the waiver, and when she tried to complain the next day, the service representative said they “didn’t deal with complaints since she’d signed the form”.

Another victim in a similar set of circumstances sent us this invoice:

Apparently, it costs $135 for “lock out itlbwr shlouge khubset 6-pines key is upside”. This client said she’d had such a bad feeling from the experience that she’d since had all her locks changed, although this time she was able to research a reputable firm on the Internet. Reviews on consumer websites show a pattern of scamming, price gouging, abusive behavior and taking advantage of people in difficult situations:

“DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT USE THEM! Anything that says A-24 Hour Locksmith, Dependable Locks, or something to that extent. If you call and they say “It’s $39 plus $15 for each lock opened” HANG UP! This company is the BIGGEST SCAM out there. They will come and then hand you a bill for $149. They are doing this ALL over the country and San Mateo County is even suing them! Don’t CALL THEM! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!” (Yelp)

“Complete ripoff, I get an estimate for $450 to put a new doorknob on and adjust the top lock. A little high, but whatever, just finish it up. A half hour later the job is done and the guy hands me a bill for almost $700!! I ‘forgot’ about taxes, the service call, and, of course, labor!!” (Yelp)

“The whole thing was very shady and strange. The technician arrived in a private vehicle, not one bearing a business name. My keys were in my car, so instead of using a jimmy bar, he slid two little air bags between the door and the jamb and pumped them up so that he could pull the lock on the door. While he was doing that I asked him if there was a chance that that would damage the car and he just said, “Of course.” So when he shut the door again, the door was clearly bent, which I pointed out.” (Complaints Board)

“The customer service representative, Richard Lawson, told us that he would not have anybody come out and would not refund us any portion of the cost, and that he decided what the “All work is guaranteed for 90 days” and to him it just meant that if the locks didn’t function, they would repair them. He said he could interpret the guarantee however he wanted because it was his guarantee. He refused to take off the locks and refund us any of our money.” (Complaints Board)

The Verdict
    We called their 1800 number to find out the cost of a fictitious lockout in the same neighborhood as our reader who complained about their service - we were told “about $70″. When we said we’d heard of much higher numbers, they claimed that lockouts “never exceeded $100″. They also repeated the claim that all credit cards were accepted - feel free to call them yourself on [protected] to verify.

You don’t have to look very far on the Internet to find not only endless complaints about this company, but class-action lawsuits, actions from attorney generals and general misery all around. Clearly, never use this bad company, but take the time now to find out from your insurance who they recommend so if you ever lock yourself out, you can call a reputable agent rather than bunch of lying, threatening, scamming thieves.

Just for the fact they leave vunerable women in danger, and then press them for cash payment and use threatening behavior, USALocksmiths.com gets 100% Bad Company rating.

Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

And then I found five dollars…
    The Price of a Noise
    Why Do Women Endure High Heels?
    Tags: bad company, usalocksmiths.com, usalocksmith.com, locksmiths, lock out, consumer complaints, [protected], lock replacement, unlock, scam companies, scammers, illegal behavior, bad service, price gouging, billing fraud, Locksmith, USA Locksmith, usalocksmith, locks, lock, deadbolt, safe, safes, keyless entry, electronic lock, installation

This entry was posted on November 24, 2017 at 5:29 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Blog at WordPress.com.
    Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

• Fr
    fred Nov 26, 2008

This company also uses 1000s of different names all over the country. These made up names usually also include a phony address with it. This company is owned by Eric Cohen. They are from New Jersey and employ this scam all over the country.

These individuals they send out are usually not even a locksmith but just a scammer posing as one who is just out to rip you off in a hit and run.

Some people looking into this matter have found evidence that they hire these guys in Israel and bring them here to float around the country ripping people off.

I have heard stories about money laundering where these guys are sending in blank money orders to a po box which are in amounts just under 1000 dollars.

The money these scammers from Israel are taking in is in the Millions.

This is not the only company either there are more. All doing the same thing.

When the heat gets too high for them they just disapear back into the shadows and comeback using another name.

There are many people being ripped off everyday. Its time for the Federal government to take action against this foriegn invasion of a new breed of scam artists.

It is not like the perpetraitors are over in Nigeria where it is hard to get at them. They are right here in the usa where they can be picked up and arrested for various laws and violations.

This is the new scam of the decade and it goes beyond locksmithing.

It seems to being perpetraited by Israeli visitors.

Our country does alot for Israel and does not deserve to be overrun by scam artists harming the consumer or legal businesses they try to impersonate.

These types of companys also use the addresses and names of existing long time established locksmiths.

If you want more info you can go to a new sight called Legallocksmiths.com

This site is for consumers and locksmiths

• Ji
    Jim Nov 26, 2008

There are thousands of phony locksmiths running hundreds of thousands of phone numbers in the phone books and they are ripping off the general public like mad. The legitimate locksmiths are trying to combat this problem are supporting a website at www.LegalLocksmiths.com. The site is run by a retired police officer and he is helping vicitms of these phony locksmiths file claims and in some cases helping them recoup thier lost money.

• Pa
    Pamela Dec 11, 2008

I was locked out of my car last night and I was unsure of what to do for the moment, I was panicking and then someone told me not to worry to just call 411 and a locksmith can help. I did just that and I got the this company called usalocksmith, in around 40 minutes a locksmith arrived at my location he jimmied the door open and charged me something like $65 dollars to do it. I was happy with the service and was glad and appreciative of the service.

• Bl
    bluerose13 Apr 23, 2009

you are probably the wife or girlfriend of one of the illegal locksmiths working for these people and posting this positive message just to try to offset all the BAD service calls these rip offs have made. Try posting the truth about how this company works.

Seattle May 14, 2009

This was unbelievable! I called a locksmith out to see if they could re-key an existing lock on a commercial building. The guy that came out had a bunch of door-knobs and locks in the back of his car, and sold me a "high security" lock. Later I was told by a licensed, bonded and insured Locksmith that the lock he sold me for $248.00 was something that I could buy at Homedepot for under $20.00 and install myself. In the process, the USA Locksmith guy mutilated our old commercial grade doorknob because he didn't know how to remove it from the door. Turns out that the real locksmith could have removed it with a simple specialty screwdriver that all licensed locksmiths carry.
    Turns out that there is a group of phoney locksmiths moving from city to city around the country. They started in Chicago and are now in Seattle. Please make sure your locksmith has a license before they do any work!

Seattle May 14, 2009

USA Locksmith contracts local agents to do the work, so you may have gotten lucky and gotten the 1 honest employee that they have.

• Ha
    Happy Customer! May 18, 2009

I had the best service ever by USALOCKSMITH. They told me they would arrive in 15mins and they did . The guy who came out told me there was a service fee of 39.50 and charged $45 for the lockout. The job was quick and affordable . I wouldnt mind calling this company again!

• Pa
    Palasha Aug 03, 2009

RUN from USA locksmith as fast as you can!!
    POOR, POOR, POOR service and AWEFUL OVERCHARGE. This company takes advantage of people and refuse to deal with any customer complaints. They do not quote over the phone, but every technician just scam you at place and charge as much as he possibly can. They charged me $220.00 for a simple lock out - the guy was done in 2 minutes (well, I do understand that time doesn't matter) but please, other companies charge $75.00 for the same thing. The technician was rude and refused to let me know the name of the company, the name of his supervisor and the address. The invoice he gave me had no company name on it!! REALLY BAD experience - call USA Locksmith for their services and they will take advantage of you for as much as they can! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to prove anything afterwords! RUN, RUN, RUN from USA Locksmith, DO YOUR RESEARCH and give your business to some company which doesn't do SCAM as USA Locksmith!!!

• Ho
    Horrible Experience Aug 28, 2009

Horrible customer service and not quality workmanship. I called USA locksmith because my company had a desk drawer that was locked & we had no key.We needed it opened and we also needed a lock & key for it.I was told that it would be about $75 for the entire job. The technician came out, forgot his drill at the last location, then we had to wait hours for hime to come back. He drilled out the lock & then told us the price for that was $203 which is not even close to $75.Then he tells us if we want a new lock and key it would be an additional fee.We were so upset at the price difference that we told him no & I called customer service the next day & for days after had to keep calling to try to get someone to help me.Finally spoke to Richard Lawson who is in charge and he said there was nothing wrong.We debated & he eventually offered me 20% off the bill & said he would take the $35 servie fee off for them to come out to install a new lock.After many calls from me I finally got the 20% off, they never finished job, Colonial Lock Service did and they were awesome. Come to find out, from Colonial, we were told that a key could have been ordered for the locked drawer and it would have cost $8. Since USA Locksmith completely ruined the lock by drilling it out and they didn't just drill it out, they drilled too far and created more issues for us. We had to pay an additional $200 because of USA. Colonial's cusomer service was aswesome, they were very timely, the tech was pleasant, told us cost before doing anything and they will be who we call in the future for a locksmith.

servicewatcher Nov 16, 2009

REVISED...PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT USING USA LOCKSMITH. I have never dealt with any company as unprofessional and incapable as these folks. BUYER OF SERVICE..BEWARE!

Their quotes over the phone areVERY different from the cost once they arrive. Secondly, they will not tell you upfront how to pay for your service until they are done (e.g., check, credit card, cash). They would not accept a check but failed to tell me until they completed the work. WHATEVER YOU DO...PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD. I GAVE THEM CASH BECAUSE I WOULDN'T TRUST THEM AS FAR AS I COULD THROW THEM.

In the end, my lock was installed improperly and is giving me problems. HOWEVER, I wouldn't have these folks back if my life depended on it. Unscrupulous group of shisters.

BEWARE!!!

JosieGeo Oct 26, 2010

I so wish I'd read your statements BEFORE they ripped me off! Live and learn... they were an expensive lesson for me. I'm now contemplating having their way overpriced locks replaced because they have never worked properly! They are a complete rip off.

• Mc
    Mclolita Aug 25, 2011

Do NOT use USA Locksmith!!
    I managed to lock myself out of my house about three weeks ago. Fortunately I had my phone so I called a local number, the locksmith said he was going to be with me in 30 mins. I did not think to ask how much they charge as I was pretty upset about being locked out. The guy showed up 2+ hours later, telling me to be thankful he was able to make time at all and complaining about having to come all the way from Manassas, VA! Before locking myself out I had been tanning in the sun, so I was wearing a bikini. The guy (he said his name was Sean) kept staring at me and making inappropriate comments!

He tried different methods to open the lock, all of them unsuccessul. I finally thought to ask him about the price, he said $139 plus $39 service charge. I thought $180 wasn't so bad, after all I deserved to pay the stupid tax!
    I don't know much about locks, but what Sean did to my door did not look very professional! Finally, he is able to open the door and writes a bill over $420. I just wanted to get rid of him and decided not to argue over the price. He told me he won't be leaving before I would give him a kiss! When I said I was going to call the cops he finally got back in his truck and left my property.

I left the door open for the dogs to go in- and outside but when I tried to lock it in the evening I realized that the lock was broken! It was late, so I decided to wait to call USA Locksmith until the next day. When I called, they told me I was out of luck, they told me they would send someone to fix the lock, however it would cost approximately $250. I obviously was not going to use their services anymore, so I called the number of another locksmith. My "new" locksmith came out to my place about 20 mins after I called him, he was very pleasant, fixed the lock in no time and charged me $60.

Today I looked at my bank account statement and realized that USA locksmith charged me an additional $70 for calling them on the next day and then not using their services! I am absolutely stunned and can't believe the way they treated me.

If you want professional service without getting ripped off... please don't use USA Locksmith.