7953 Crain Hwy S, Glen Burnie, MD, 21061, US
Sat:8:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Walgreens verified

Walgreens Has A Serious Discrimination Issue Regarding Pain Medication
I had my normal monthly prescriptions filled last on 1/4/20 at Crain Highway Glen Burnie Maryland. There is one prescription "Levothyroxine" that is filled every three months. I picked up all of my monthly prescriptions which includes a narcotic pain medicine. I pick them all up the same day 1/5/20 so I don't have to make multiple trips. I received a text stating one prescription was due for refill. Of course the only refill I needed was the Levothyroxine. I received a call of 1/15/20 asking about my pain medication refill. I told the pharmacist Robbie I had already received that refill and that the only refill I was waiting on was my thyroid. She said apparently the guy who rung me up for my 1/5/20 prescriptions somehow didn't close out the pain medicine (which I already received), so she said she fixed it and filled my thyroid medicine. I called this morning for my normal refills and was told it was too early to fill my pain medicine because my last prescription was 1/14/20 so they can't fill it until 2/14/20. I explained AND REMINDED her of the mix up we spoke on the phone about (same pharmacist Robbie) and she refused to acknowledge it even though I have the documents, date on my bottle when filled (1/4/20) and my bank transaction showing the date I picked up on 1/5/20. She refused to hear any of it and was beyond rude and unprofessional. She remembered CLEARLY our conversation but refuses to fill it until 2/14/20 because they made the error of confusing when the pain medicine was filled (1/4/20) to when my thyroid medicine was filled (1/14/20). I will be out of my pain medicine tomorrow 1/5/20 due to THEIR ERROR! It's an opioid (that I've been getting for years there) so I believe she just doesn't care to look into or fill it. This happens EVERY month with only this prescription out of the 5-6 prescriptions every month. I'm tired of being treated like a drug abuser when I have legitimate medical issues you can see via x-rays, MRI's and CT scans. My entire spine is titanium (half of which is broke and clearly visible on the films), and I live with debilitating pain every single day. I leave my home only to travel to the doctors or the pharmacy. The way this pharmacist treated me was absolutely uncalled for, unprofessional, unethical, non-compassionate and discriminatory. She expects me to go without my pain medication because THEY made an error. If I were abusing the medication I could have stated I never received my medication. I have contacted corporate and the Better Business Bureau. NO ONE should have to endure additional pain and mental anguish due to a pharmacist's own error, as well as false assumptions, judgement and discrimination toward a long time patient/customer. It's wrong and this pharmacist should be terminated in my opinion. She should not be allowed to work personally with customers. I see Walgreens has taken a severe turn for the worse.