Dollar General

Fri:8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Dollar GeneralRefund my $1,000

On 3/26/2021, I attempted to purchase $1000 in ebay gift cards, five $200 dollar cards. Two of the five cards were activated. Three did not get activated and the register said refund customer the $600. The cashier hit the cash out button. Then stated she couldn't give me the cash because I paid for it with my debit card. Which I understood. She contacted her manager to explain the situation. I was told to contact my bank to see if the whole $1000 had been deducted from my account. I received a receipt. The two activated cards were kept at the store as well as the three non activated cards as well as the $1000 off of my card.

On 3/27/2021 I traveled back to the store attempting to get my two $200 cards. They wanted me to contact my bank to make sure the $1000 had been deducted from my account.

On 3/29/2021 I contacted my bank. The bank provided me with documentation proving the whole $1000 had been deducted from my account by dollar general. I took the documentation to dollar general in hopes I could get my two $200 cards and recover the additional $600 that had been deducted out of my account. But to no avail, I returned to store the following day also.

On 3/30/2021 I went back to the store. The manager attempted to contact dollar general. They told her to contact ebay. They gave the manager a number to call. The number had been changed. She called dollar general the gave her another number. She called the new number for ebay. The number went back to the one that was not even good.

So, it has been over a week. We have been more than patient. I know the manager has been trying but we are not any closer to a solution than we were on the 26th.

Something needs to be done. A thousand dollars may not be much to the dollar general corporation. But, it is alot to a working class, week to week person.

Drew Hann
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

Refund my $1,000

• Ke
      KeepinItClassy Jun 13, 2021

did you ever get it back?? it was really not smart of you to do this at a DG to be honest with you.. however. that cashier should have been $600 over. unless the closing manager pocketed the money. they also should have matched the activated cards to the receipt and given them to you.

Howard Lee Radford Apr 06, 2021

Actually your receipt shows the refund was already processed

Dawn E. May 04, 2021

@Howard Lee Radford The cashier "cashed" out the refund and did not actually give him the cash money back. So yes it looks like it on his receipt but it didn't actually happen.

Howard Lee Radford Apr 06, 2021

Neither the bank or store can do anything in these circumstance. When this happens you are suppose to call the number on the back of the ebay gift card. The giftcard are likely actually owned by BlackHawk or InComm not ebay so calling ebay isn't right either.

Dawn E. May 04, 2021

@Howard Lee Radford The store is 100% responsible. There's a $500 limit on gift cards at one time due to fraud. Hence why only the two $200 cards activated and he should've been refunded 400 back to his debit card immediately. The store manager would've seen an overage in her EOD report the next day of $400.

@Dawn E. My apologies... $600 refund not 400

Howard Lee Radford May 05, 2021

@Dawn E. The $500 limit isn't the issue cause they put it on 5 different cards. I think you don't know what an EOD is but I believe you are referring to the wrong report. EODs only provides sales information. I believe the report you mean is the tender report or cash log, only the tender reports or cash logs would show discrepancies.

Dawn E. May 05, 2021

@Howard Lee Radford The $500 + was done in one transaction... meaning one transaction no matter the number of cards exceeded the $500 limit. The EOD would have shown a cash overage on that particular cashier. Either way... the store is 100% responsible at refunding this amount. Even keeping the activated cards should've been considered theft.

Dollar Generali' am complaining about the service.

The new manager, she is a old( well appears to be an old lady), she's always grumpy and frowning. I have been living in this area for over seven years and she is by far the worst. This is my second incident with this rude lady. The first incident she told my daughter not to be running in the store, she's 6 years old, that was not her place to say anything to my daughter, which I was a couple of steps in front of her, I didn't have a chance to tell my daughter not to run, she took it upon herself to intervene, as of she was unsupervised. I simple to the rude lady that " I have her", and she never looked up at me, just kept stocking. The second incident took place today, while my daughter and I was shopping, once we were ready to check out and the nice cashier proceeded to ring up my items, as I way h the prices, like I always do, I noticed I price difference and I made it know to the cashier, so she got the mean and rude manager, who on the same aisle as the item that I was making a purchase from. She rudely said " I'll make the change this time, as if it was my mistake. The price showed $3 and l was charged $4. Then she said this stick is from 2018 and snatched it down. She DO NOT need to work with the public! Yeap it was a dollar, but it was mines. The owner wouldn't let me take a dollar item without paying, so why would I give away my money and this is not the first incident, with the wrong prices at checkout, normally I would let it go, but today with this rude manager, I was not going to let it go. She is not a good representative of Dollar General. If another incident occur, I'll have a few words for her and then call corporate with her name.