6498 Pony Express Trail, Pollock Pines, CA, 95726, US
Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

SafewaySpoiled food

I have shopped at the Safeway in Pollock Pines, California from time to time. On four different occasions in the past 11 months since we moved to the area, I have purchased meat there that, when opened on the day they were purchased, were horribly rotten. On two occasions it was vacuum sealed lamb and on two others it was vacuum sealed grass fed ground beef. Both had come from the same refrigerated case. On three of those occasions, I just threw out the offending meat. The fourth, though, I had spent nearly $30 on a rack of lamb and I had had enough! I drove straight back to the store where I had purchased it less than an hour prior, and the manager allowed me to exchange it for something else... We avoided the meat entirely... But she was completely disinterested in hearing my concern that there may be something wrong with the refrigerated meat case or perhaps their food handling practices in the meat department needed to be reviewed. Then, just yesterday, I discovered that the gallon of milk I bought there on Sunday (yesterday was Tuesday), was spoiled - not just a little!! I have checked the temperature in my refrigerator and it is 36 degrees, well within the safe range for storing food. We live 4 miles from that Safeway and had driven directly home, the milk was literally the first thing I put in the refrigerator just moments after arriving home.
At this point, I just can't justify shopping there anymore. I'd rather drive to the Raley's in Placerville which is further away, than buy rotten food at the Pollock pines Safeway. I'm still a little scarred by the smell of that milk! It was traumatizing! Lol!